This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.

april of 2019 should have been after a good number of the buffs had gone through; hero was still riding it's "new class of the episode" popularity all the way until phantom came out. this year's survey will likely be skewed towards etoile, with phantom in 2nd place; after that though it'll probably be up in the air.

@ArcaneTechs said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Dear Master + photon barrie

no one uses Photon Barrier unless people filled in the 5 SP you got from Lv95 with since you had spare points. 10% chance to get zero damage from a hit is too low and you're just better off healing your pet because you're likely to have your pet take a hit to knock it out anyways afterward the PB proc. Better off putting the points elsewhere

Well I use it since lv 80. 🤷

@ArcaneTechs said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Dear Master + photon barrie

no one uses Photon Barrier unless people filled in the 5 SP you got from Lv95 with since you had spare points. 10% chance to get zero damage from a hit is too low and you're just better off healing your pet because you're likely to have your pet take a hit to knock it out anyways afterward the PB proc. Better off putting the points elsewhere

Well I use it since lv 80. 🤷

well if you want to use it you can but something that has a 10% dmg chance to nullify damage on a pet isn't high enough to make it mandatory, maybe 20-30% would for sure be worth it

@MEGAF1UX Imagine complaining about a class you don't even play in a PVE game lol.

@Thyn said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@MEGAF1UX Imagine complaining about a class you don't even play in a PVE game lol.

..much like i would if they put a car you didnt have to bother steering in a racing game.

oh right, yeah while summoner breezes through the lower level content like most everything else can, things start to change once you run into enemies that punish anything that cannot block or dodge well. some pets do have guard frames on one of their moves, but I often forget about them myself, so it can get a bit messy when something can just explode your pile of dogs.

torim/aero eventually becomes more about using the 5-second charge time move, and there's plenty of enemies that won't sit around and wait for that bird to charge; synchro has some guard frames on it's spin move, but you're still going to want to keep up the offensive on it for more synchro geki charges; redran slash has guard frames, but redran usually tries to stay by your side, and redran slash's guard frames only really guard redran, not you.

I'm still waiting on 15* pets, given how pets are sorta flimsy in UH content, they need some love (especially Viola)

support rolls help a lot; they make shifta sympathy add another 20% def to your pet, but yeah even with that my synchro still feels pretty fragile. then again I guess it should sorta feel that way eventually. Melon though is almost unkillable

ya i know how the builds work but even with those, pets can still get shredded

its not like they are all created equally...

okay?

8char

All I remember is get bomb pet to cheese block+nuke

@MEGAF1UX I'm sorry but I can not stand idle as you desecrate my main in PSO2 JP. I agree that summoners are easy early game wise BUT they quickly fall off without high maintenance on candy boxes and acquiring certain tacts. And the fact you say no skill is not entirely true. Just like other classes summoners have their own combos for each pet, like have you ever played Synchro optimally? If you PA spam you're missing out on a TON of damage as it requires comboing PAs in a certain order. Pets are fragile af so you need to know the recall skill for each pet and timing it for certain attacks to prevent it from getting one shot. The class is no where remotely close to braindead and is the most fun I've had in any mmo period

I started a JP summoner to keep myself preoccupied while waiting for May PC release to come. At first, I was of the same mindset, that Sum was a braindead class, and that is why I picked it. To be lazy and super casual. However, that gravy train began to drop off at level 55. I had to dedicate a lot more time, effort into improving my pets who were getting squashed regularly and without pets, you are a dead man. I began digging into Candy optimization, stat breakdowns, and even what subs were good to have (Summoner has a wonderful ability that allows you to level your subclasses to 55 fairly easily, but if you don't know how your sub affects summoner it becomes dead weight.) Each pet has its strength and weaknesses, and there is a HUGE difference in DPS when you play optimally as opposed to button mashing. Summoner does not play like the other classes, grind like the other classes and barely progresses like the other classes. I for one thought I was going to drop it when NA came out, due to the very candy-pop feel of the pets were a turn off at the time. Not anymore ... instead it will probably end up being my main. Im happy I gave it a shot.

@MEGAF1UX People of a variety of ability levels including disabled people are fans of MMOs, anime, videogames, JRPGs, etc.

I think it's good for the game that such players have an option that opens up the story and social aspects of the game to them without punishing them for their inability to push buttons as well as you.