This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.

Atlas EX revival on death doesn't work on Marron throw anymore. They changed that almost immediately. Also 11 hits to get the big juicy bomb is a lot longer than you think it is.

Synchro is more OP than Marron anyways.

However, Summoner is by far the most balanced class in the grand scheme of things. Every pet is niche and they take forever to gear up properly. They don't get JA (aka no free 30% damage). They have to work with Point Assist which is beyond annoying to use. The pets are also still ridiculously squishy in lvl 90+ content for no real reason.

If you want to talk OP and broken, first you need to look at Gunner and Hunter.

@Reilet said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Can you explain why Hu is more broken? All my friend who play Hu said their class is not that great.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I

Because Guard Stance and Iron Will is just over the top as a subclass for survivability. Whenever you get below 50% health you autoheal. Guard stance tree gives across the board damage reduction only beaten by Etoile subclassing. Iron Will maxed out gives you 5 seconds of invulnerability if your health would drop below 1 at 75% chance. If that procs from an instant kill move. You will auto heal and get 5 seconds of being invincible. You just never die during most content with a Hunter sub class.

@The-Question said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I

Because Guard Stance and Iron Will is just over the top as a subclass for survivability. Whenever you get below 50% health you autoheal. Guard stance tree gives across the board damage reduction only beaten by Etoile subclassing. Iron Will maxed out gives you 5 seconds of invulnerability if your health would drop below 1 at 75% chance. If that procs from an instant kill move. You will auto heal and get 5 seconds of being invincible. You just never die during most content with a Hunter sub class.

You know Su have the same thing right?

Dear Master + photon barrie + a rappy pet and no boss or monster can't kill you. I can dance on some animation where the boss is whiping out the map with his attack because alter ego armony make me not flinch and I still don't died. Exenple: Erythron Dragon do his final dash attack with all the fire on the map I can do afk dance...

@I-UsagiTsuki-I

That's what makes it all the more broken. Is those all stack with the Hunters skills. You also get all of that without needing to have the Pets. So you can use the Hunter as a sub to everything class in most cases.

Summoner does not need any nerfing. Their power might be impressive during early game but towards the endgame you will need a lot of skill and well executed attacks with your pets to keep up your DPS. I think on PSO2jp it is the most underplayed class despite having a very high DPS ceiling.

Not sure if they are still around or not but a while back there was a 50+ player Alliance that was all summoners. I love the summoner class but by the time I reached end game I was playing as a caster with Phantom, Hero, Force, and Techer. Tech damage is just so insane and awesome to see some of the attacks.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@Reilet said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Can you explain why Hu is more broken? All my friend who play Hu said their class is not that great.

Hunter has been getting buffs and buffs throughout the years... never a nerf. Their damage just from that has increased over 2 times already. For reference, I would have rated them one of the weaker class back in Episode 4, but now I would rate them around 2nd~4th best in Episode 6.

They have huge AoE PAs that also do super chunky damage, and their single target DPS is no joke either. They have a lot of superarmor, they can block literally anything, and are extremely tanky. Their weapons are one of the higher stat weapons, and they have a very high skill tree multiplier. They have a special compound PA that just deletes everything with a press of a button and it builds up pretty fast as well.

And if that doesn't really seem like it's OP and broken, they are one of the 5 classes (out of 12) in the game who was able to complete "Forever Loner". This generally considered one of the hardest titles to get in the game as you need to do 3 laps of a quest called Endless while solo.

Endless is well, a quest that really challenges you to know game mechanics, your class, being able to achieve objectives, all while being extremely fast and within a certain time limit.

it's falling off on the jp server right now, but I'm guessing that'll change once they feel it's time to give us 15⭐ eggs. but 15⭐ eggs will likely be a sign we're finally pushing into "True Endgame" territory, so those might not come for a while still.

They can't really even buff it in the meantime with stronger parfaits or harmonizers, because once they do release 15⭐ eggs, there's nothing stopping a pet with 15⭐ stats from using the same stuff.

The best idea I can think of would be if, in the meantime, they make some parfaits that scale inversely to pet rarity like how the /Ripper and /Slayer skills from seasonal urgent quests work.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Dear Master + photon barrie

no one uses Photon Barrier unless people filled in the 5 SP you got from Lv95 with since you had spare points. 10% chance to get zero damage from a hit is too low and you're just better off healing your pet because you're likely to have your pet take a hit to knock it out anyways afterward the PB proc. Better off putting the points elsewhere

This class does NOT need a nerf bat. You're giving an unfair assessment because we don't have end game content. The content we have is nerfed for the sake of new players. Summoner becomes more challenging to play at end game. It seems OP now and that's only because we don't have end game. Maron was popular before damage cap, but it's no longer the case.

@Harriet said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

This class does NOT need a nerf bat. You're giving an unfair assessment because we don't have end game content. The content we have is nerfed for the sake of new players. Summoner becomes more challenging to play at end game. It seems OP now and that's only because we don't have end game. Maron was popular before damage cap, but it's no longer the case.

its one of the top 5 classes in JP side of the game but it doesn't need a nerf of any sorts

Summoner is only good during early game. It falls off so hard at end game that barely anyone on JP even plays it, not to mention it's the most boring class to play in my opinion. This isn't an issue to complain about in all honesty.

@ArcaneTechs Interesting. I was recently looking at a 2019 player report that said summoner as a main is the least played at 3.45% and techer at 2.34% and hero being the most popular at 26.8%.

@Jake-Owns-PSU said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Summoner is only good during early game. It falls off so hard at end game that barely anyone on JP even plays it, not to mention it's the most boring class to play in my opinion. This isn't an issue to complain about in all honesty.

@Harriet said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@ArcaneTechs Interesting. I was recently looking at a 2019 player report that said summoner as a main is the least played at 3.45% and techer at 2.34% and hero being the most popular at 26.8%.

Popularity doesn't mean its bad in terms of the Meta, just not everyones cup of tea. You'll also see that Gunner is on the side of least played but yet its the best class in game because of its constant burst damage and easy mob control. Hero is still popular because of how OP it was back in 2017 and its general use of being easy to play; low effort=high gains for casuals at least. A lot of the player base is still likes the class or they're still adjusted to it so I don't see people dropping it still