This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.

Yeah, you probably won't be using it on any of the big Falz / Dark Falz fights, or even the global emergency events where the open world boss monsters are too big (multiple HP bars) or move too fast.

@Berry said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I I'm aware. Again that's still stopped by the max damage cap limit that a good amount of content uses. Plus the need to have it at max charge and have the opportune time to throw it, so I don't think it's at the very least "overpowered"

That pretty much explain the probs here, they started to add the damage cap because of the su/br Maron.

@oldColdReactive said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Yeah, you probably won't be using it on any of the big Falz / Dark Falz fights, or even the global emergency events where the open world boss monsters are too big (multiple HP bars) or move too fast.

You know its not that hard to solo a eq DF right? I talk abouth the 12 player , not solo trigger. Mellon can even solo Erythron Dragon giant fire ball if you know how to set up your pet...

Well it was more when Summoner / Gunner was around, now those were some wild days. Chain Trigger Maron? Scary stuff.

Thankfully Maron never gets around that level anymore.

and I mean everything can solo stuff. summoners don't usually get the best times for those

@Berry said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Well it was more when Summoner / Gunner was around, now those were some wild days. Chain Trigger Maron? Scary stuff.

Thankfully Maron never gets around that level anymore.

and I mean everything can solo stuff. summoners don't usually get the best times for those

Oh yeah , the old time... ahahah its was realy scary. But yeah its juste my opinion on them, like I said I still main Su, I don't hate the class, I like the pets, they are cute,etc and I enjoy to play this class. ^^ I just still doesn't like Maron/Mellon. 😕

it might be because of their mechanics, you charge them just to destroy them and deplete their HP in exchange for damage. You could simply just use other pets and never touch them.

it might be because of their mechanics, you charge them just to destroy them and deplete their HP in exchange for damage. You could simply just use other pets and never touch them.

That pretty much what I do. xD I play other pets. 🙂 But some poeple doesn't like me in mpa because I don't use them. lol

Red Mage in FFXIV still requires almost no skill to play at all. It had no skill whatsoever to play when it first came out.

I wouldn't really say any class in FFXIV requires any amount of "skill", nor is Red Mage any easier/harder than any other class.

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

@MEGAF1UX said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Its kind of disgusting that the online game with the most visceral combat in the world has a class that takes 0 skill to play. So while most of us are meticulously targeting and timing our attacks theres this class in the background where the player isnt even paying attention to the game and is doing DPS comparable to ours. that doesnt sit right.

There is something you're going to learn off the bat is that every class into endgame is going to have high amounts of damage and the damage cap isn't exclusive to Summoner. That's the beauty of PSO2. Examples being the 'complaints' in current day is that a handful of pets e.g. Maron, Melon, Synchro(Shinkuro), and Aero/Torim(Trim) all can hit damage cap but the situations in which they do this is what differs. A point out is that DPS means Damage Per Second and it doesn't matter whatsoever in this game what a single hit does if you cannot do it consistently. 999k every 6 seconds between a Melon or Maron charge, if the fight is even allowing you to sandbag that long and position for the strike, isn't going to look that good when classes other than Summoner can do it in less at the same point in game. E.g. Bouncer/Phantom late game does this every 2.5s. This isn't something exclusive Summoner and people should stop acting like it. Summoner is positioning and situational awareness to maximize your DPS. At no point is Summoner afk because no pet has normals that'll be anywhere near 999k on a single hit. Summoner has no JA whatsoever so they attack on player input or do only normal attacks when idle but none of their PAs so not paying attention = low damage. Disregard Summoner has quite a few nuances to function even semi-efficiently like damage caps effectively makes Maron/Melon strikes a loss of roughly half or more of the potential damage, lack of critical gives inconsistent output damage, Summoner has relatively high PP costs on your most consistent DPS pet which isn't Maron or Melon, oh and imagine your weapons dying and having lockout timers. Review any other class into endgame and everything is OP if this is your benchmark on such. The situations in which they're OP and how often its performed is what you're looking for. We're in Episode 6 meta, any Su/Gu or Su/Br comments are already out the window and the nerfs were addressed for such. Thanks for reading.

@Lumiere That's a lot of meseta!

Another major problem is that the game is balanced for 8 years of content, but you're only doing year 1 content. Power Creep is a serious issue for that older content and it shows.

The accessibility of the tools that being used to leverage the arguments that Summoner is op without being contested isn't even available in NA. Summoner itself has one of the most resource intensive grinds to get your pets online. Not a bit of this is possible any close to immediately as compared to other classes as far as gearing goes. Unless NA Pietro has weekly order changes and every parfait, roll, and egg is available immediately, Summoner won't have any of the power this thread is projecting it has.

@KyleTensei said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

The accessibility of the tools that being used to leverage the arguments that Summoner is op without being contested isn't even available in NA. Summoner itself has one of the most resource intensive grinds to get your pets online. Not a bit of this is possible any close to immediately as compared to other classes as far as gearing goes. Unless NA Pietro has weekly order changes and every parfait, roll, and egg is available immediately, Summoner won't have any of the power this thread is projecting it has.

He has up to level 75 content.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I You know that with the Atlas Tahat Ex you can do 2 marron trow because he canot died on the first instand kill and the tact add more damage power?

you know they fix this first week right? so its not feasible to do this anymore