This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.

Its kind of disgusting that the online game with the most visceral combat in the world has a class that takes 0 skill to play. So while most of us are meticulously targeting and timing our attacks theres this class in the background where the player isnt even paying attention to the game and is doing DPS comparable to ours. that doesnt sit right.

Red Mage in FFXIV still requires almost no skill to play at all. It had no skill whatsoever to play when it first came out. Same with Archer/Bard. Minion Master build for Necromancer in Guild Wars 2 is in the same boat, along with any pet-based build for Hunter/Ranger for GW2.

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of pet-based classes in MMOs don't require much skill. TESO's sorcerer builds around daedric summoning are pretty OP for how little you have to do. Though Summoner in FFXIV is different, it does require double weaving.

@oldColdReactive said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

Red Mage in FFXIV still requires almost no skill to play at all. It had no skill whatsoever to play when it first came out. Same with Archer/Bard. Minion Master build for Necromancer in Guild Wars 2 is in the same boat, along with any pet-based build for Hunter/Ranger for GW2.

That doesnt make it "okay". shall we go through history and make every transgression one human has committed against another "okay" because it happened before?

From what I've heard, the job gets pretty weak after level 60. Coming from a friend of mine who still plays the JP version on PS4.

their cap is 95 too though.

Yes, and our cap is 75, which still is 15 levels past the level 60 bit I mentioned.

First off the issue is really the combat style itself, its tantamount to having a car you dont have to steer in a racing game. Beyond that you can still DO level 75 content AT level 60 (even if you have 0 skill and your class is trash at this point), doing level 90 content at 60 wouldnt work at all though. Its also 1 class pass away from being par, because again the problem is the gameplay style itself.

You can play a different class if you don't like how this one feels.

I feel it does what it sets out to do just fine. it offers a chill alternative to the other classes without holding you down for doing so. They've made sure every class is good enough to contribute to a group effort while making combat feel satisfying enough to the point that players seem to be perfectly fine with sticking to the classes they enjoy rather than folding completely to the path of least effort.

play pso2, do not be played by pso2.

The only probs I have with SU as a main SU, is Maron and Mellon. This both pet need to be fixed or changed. I never use them, I don't like them to be that op, almost like every other pets are useless... 😕

But i will said something as a SU main, I still hate how Sega doesn't like this class and forgot it, so much that they only appear on OP of Ep 6. They never get cool weapon camo. Almost every camo who are all weapon are like eccepte Tact. They stopped to add new pets when in ep4 they said they will add more and more pet... The last pet added was Redran (Rappy was here befor mother) and they doesn't want to add a Rappy rare verion or Dark Rappy pet. 😕 I think is juste Sega doesn't know how to balance it or doesn't know what to with this class since "Su/Br Maron"...

Well, FFXIV doesn't know how to balance their summon pet jobs/classes either, going so much as to fundamentally change how pets work completely. They have said time and time again they have a hard time balancing pet jobs, which is one of the reasons why Turrets no longer are summoned, and are temporary on Machinist. Mind you, this is a AAA development team saying that summoned pets are hard to balance. Just think of SEGA's free to play team by comparison.

Really, it used to be much worse. With other classes too even.

Summoners do have a very strong early game though, and it's strongest point will be mobbing. I'll give you that. But it is very true that it tends to fall off pretty hard until you get a lot of it's gears up to date which requires a lot more grinding than other weapons for the most parts, and even so on it's current iteration it's still on the more lower end classes for dps.

If I had to agree on something it's just changes to make the early game less strong, but not make it fall off as hard later on. I think some pets can get a little more buffs maybe - Popple, Redran, and Viola would be nice to be a little stronger.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I - Maron got nerfed quite a bit over the years on JP. I think it's fairly balanced for what it does now. Melon was always at an okay spot really.

@Berry said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I - Maron got nerfed quite a bit over the years on JP. I think it's fairly balanced for what it does now. Melon was always at an okay spot really.

I don't agree on that I saw some video where mellon and maron are still to much broken... https://twitter.com/buraiou/status/1184425286936346624 this is just not normal...

@I-UsagiTsuki-I That is a very poor representation of power for a few reasons

1 - this is JP's dummy Rockbear meant to scale damage, so it's not a full reflection on how it will work in real practice

2- you can tell the video was sped real up to charge the maron, which even shows it still took a long time to fully charge.

3 - many content has a damage cap of 999,999 that was specifically to counter stuff like that, so the power of that can be gutted just depending on the content itself.

Sure in practice due to how maron works it technically can go faster and likely better, but mind you're either putting a ton of work getting an army of fully decked out marons to do this on a rapid pace or it's as is intended, a one and done nuke every once in awhile for blocking attacks with it.

@Berry said in This class needs a heavy beating with a nerf baton.:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I That is a very poor representation of power for a few reasons

1 - this is JP's dummy Rockbear meant to scale damage, so it's not a full reflection on how it will work in real practice

2- you can tell the video was sped real up to charge the maron, which even shows it still took a long time to fully charge.

3 - many content has a damage cap of 999,999 that was specifically to counter stuff like that, so the power of that can be gutted just depending on the content itself.

Sure in practice due to how maron works it technically can go faster and likely better, but mind you're either putting a ton of work getting an army of fully decked out marons to do this on a rapid pace or it's as is intended, a one and done nuke every once in awhile for blocking attacks with it.

You know that with the Atlas Tahat Ex you can do 2 marron trow because he canot died on the first instand kill and the tact add more damage power? Just add a rappy in your party and its take like what 15 or 20 sec to revive? Sorry but for me its need a rework again.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I I'm aware. Again that's still stopped by the max damage cap limit that a good amount of content uses. Plus the need to have it at max charge and have the opportune time to throw it, so I don't think it's at the very least "overpowered"