Fi/hu build will it work

From what I can see, it works for the most part and needs just a few editing here and there. Specifically, for the Fi tree, I recommend choosing either Melee Up 2 or 3 to max as you gain more Mel-Atk by maxing as opposed to splitting your SP among both Melee Up 2/3. I also see that you added 1 SP to HP Up which is rather wasteful. I would recommend using this +1SP to max out your Valiant (Brave) Stance instead.

With regards to the Hunter sub tree, I recommend choosing either Automate Halfline or Iron Will. Frankly speaking, you just don't have enough SP currently to have both without compromising your damage. Fury Combo Up gives an huge damage boost (+10% when maxed) so I would aim to give at least +5SP or max it instead.

I would drop both Striking Up 2 and 3 and instead go for halfline and deadline, your main dmg comes from Overload (Limit Break) which cuts your HP so both of those effects activate. If you already put points in them maxing one is better than splitting. Also for future reference, getting max Overload isn't necessary, since you dont gain more damage bonus past lvl5. Not saying you cant/shouldn't do it, the extra duration is nice.

About Hu tree, what @Drop-of-Rain354 said word for word.

As far as does your build work? Yes, you have most of the important multipliers but you'll be lacking some damage. But in the end the choice is yours about what you want to do.

I would have to disagree with maxing Half/Deadline Slayers. At first glance, the large combined increase of +250 Mel-Atk (maxed Half/Deadline Slayer) may seem appealing, but there are actually more factors that we must consider. First of all, Half/Deadline (as well as PP Slayer and Crazy Beat) gives you a FLAT Mel-Atk bonus. This means that they cannot be further boosted by buffs such as Shifta Drink (x1.20), Team Tree Atk Up (up to x1.20) and Shifta (up to x1.197 without Te, and x1.24625 with Te).

On the other hand, Mel-Atk gained from Melee Up 2/3 are added directly to your BASE Mel-Atk. This means that they affected and can be further boosted by the buffs mentioned above. (Note: this also applies to any stats gained from equipped mags as well). Now, a quick math to visually show what I mean.

Let's make our base Mel-Atk is 700 and that our weapon gives us +800 Mel-Atk.

With Melee Up 2 (at max), we will get an additional +75 to our base Mel-Atk for a total of 775. If we get a max Team Tree Atk buff (x1.20), Shifta drink (x1.20) and normal Shifta (x1.197), our total Mel-Atk becomes 775 x 1.20 x 1.20 x 1.197 = 1336; if we include our weapon, it'd be 1336 + 800 = 2136. Once we use OL, we will gain an additional Mel-Atk boost of +200 (Crazy Beat), +26 (Halfine) and +40 (Deadline) for a total Mel-Atk of 2136 + 200 + 26 + 40 = 2402 Mel-Atk.

Now, let's see how it is with maxed Half/Deadline Slayers. Our Mel-Atk with all the same buffs above would be 700 x 1.20 x 1.20 x 1.197 = 1207; if we include our weapon, it'd be 1207 + 800 = 2007. Once we use OL, we will gain an additional +200 (Crazy Beat), +100 (Halfline) + 150 (Deadline) for a total Mel-Atk of 2007 + 200 + 100 + 150 = 2457 Mel-Atk.

As you can see, with a max Melee Up 2 build during OL, we're only behind a max Half/Deadline Slayer build by +55 Mel-Atk only. On the other hand, while we're off OL during for the 30s downtime (or even longer if you died while using OL), we see that we're actually +136 Mel-Atk HIGHER than the maxed Half/Deadline Slayer build. And this is including only one max Melee Up; if we had maxed Melee Up 3 as well, the small gap during OL will become even narrower while the gap off-OL will become even wider. Additionally, unlike Half/Deadline Slayers, the Mel-Atk gained from Melee Up 2/3 are unconditional. Unconditional buffs are what you'd want the most!!!

Keep in mind that these calculations were done without Te Shifta (x1.24625) and the Shifta Drink buff that NA will eventually get (x1.50 instead of x1.20). The point is, going Melee Up 2/3 is by far the better investment as opposed to maxing out Slayers. Now that I've given you a bunch of maths and explanations, like Gerbilios said, the choice is yours at the end on what you want to do. I'm all for player choice and playstyle, but I do want to ensure that you are well-informed before you make such decisions.

Sorry, guys, i'm new in this and have a question, what do you mean whit "Striking Up 2/3"? i can't see that skill in the tree

oh ok, it's the Japanese name for "melee power up"!

OMG, I'm so sorry! I should've double checked the names. Will edit my previous post lol

@Drop-of-Rain354 said in Fi/hu build will it work:

I would have to disagree with maxing Half/Deadline Slayers. At first glance, the large combined increase of +250 Mel-Atk (maxed Half/Deadline Slayer) may seem appealing, but there are actually more factors that we must consider. First of all, Half/Deadline (as well as PP Slayer and Crazy Beat) gives you a FLAT Mel-Atk bonus. This means that they cannot be further boosted by buffs such as Shifta Drink (x1.20), Team Tree Atk Up (up to x1.20) and Shifta (up to x1.197 without Te, and x1.24625 with Te).

On the other hand, Mel-Atk gained from Melee Up 2/3 are added directly to your BASE Mel-Atk. This means that they affected and can be further boosted by the buffs mentioned above. (Note: this also applies to any stats gained from equipped mags as well). Now, a quick math to visually show what I mean.

Let's make our base Mel-Atk is 700 and that our weapon gives us +800 Mel-Atk.

With Melee Up 2 (at max), we will get an additional +75 to our base Mel-Atk for a total of 775. If we get a max Team Tree Atk buff (x1.20), Shifta drink (x1.20) and normal Shifta (x1.197), our total Mel-Atk becomes 775 x 1.20 x 1.20 x 1.197 = 1336; if we include our weapon, it'd be 1336 + 800 = 2136. Once we use LB, we will gain an additional Mel-Atk boost of +200 (Crazy Beat), +26 (Halfine) and +40 (Deadline) for a total Mel-Atk of 2136 + 200 + 26 + 40 = 2402 Mel-Atk.

Now, let's see how it is with maxed Half/Deadline Slayers. Our Mel-Atk with all the same buffs above would be 700 x 1.20 x 1.20 x 1.197 = 1207; if we include our weapon, it'd be 1207 + 800 = 2007. Once we use LB, we will gain an additional +200 (Crazy Beat), +100 (Halfline) + 150 (Deadline) for a total Mel-Atk of 2007 + 200 + 100 + 150 = 2457 Mel-Atk.

As you can see, with a max Melee Up 2 build during LB, we're only behind a max Half/Deadline Slayer build by +55 Mel-Atk only. On the other hand, while we're off LB during for the 30s downtime (or even longer if you died while using LB), we see that we're actually +136 Mel-Atk HIGHER than the maxed Half/Deadline Slayer build. And this is including only one max Melee Up; if we had maxed Melee Up 3 as well, the small gap during LB will become even narrower while the gap off-LB will become even wider. Additionally, unlike Half/Deadline Slayers, the Mel-Atk gained from Melee Up 2/3 are unconditional. Unconditional buffs are what you'd want the most!!!

Keep in mind that these calculations were done without Te Shifta (x1.24625) and the Shifta Drink buff that NA will eventually get (x1.50 instead of x1.20). The point is, going Melee Up 2/3 is by far the better investment as opposed to maxing out Slayers. Now that I've given you a bunch of maths and explanations, like Gerbilios said, the choice is yours at the end on what you want to do. I'm all for player choice and playstyle, but I do want to ensure that you are well-informed before you make such decisions.

Can u give me a build fighter/hunter pls i rilly like ur explanation 🙂 and im noob here

@Ociomen Hi! Welcome to the Fighter class! Here's a standard Fi/Hu build https://bit.ly/3e1dVAR

This skill tree was taken from the class builds (I did tweak it a little though) that can be found in Phantasy Star Fleet discord. There's a channel dedicated to NA Fighters such as yourself and there are many knowledgeable players so feel free to join!

@Drop-of-Rain354 So would not Melee UP 3 being maxed out better than Melee Up2? Based on all what you've stated here so far. Just still trying to figure out how those things are calculated.

@Pulptenks Both Melee Up 2 and 3 give a max of +75 Mel-Atk each; so you can just max either one.

Let's say you maxed Melee Up 3 instead of Melee Up 2. Melee Up 3 would still give +75 Mel-Atk, which is the same amount as as max Melee Up 2.

@Drop-of-Rain354 That it's what I see.What confuses me is the part where it says "Produce a better effect then 2".

@Pulptenks It's probably just a copy+paste error since on the Hunter Tree Melee Power Up 3 gives +100 while Melee Power Up 2 gives +75.

Yeah, just ignore that part lol

@AndrlCh So you say Melee up 3 is actually better? But on Hunter side only?