PS02 JA content?

Does anyone know if there is a way to view how much more content the JA version has over this version so far? I'm curious to see how much further along it is. Thank you.

They got as far as getting Mechs!

NA is somewhere in the middle of Episode 3, and only missing 3 more major UQs before moving on to Episode 4 content. However, it's also missing a major system(Crafting) which should've been available by now, I think.

Do they have more gear options, areas, raid bosses, etc? Is there any way to view this info somewhere?

Let's see, a summary of future content to come (not 100% complete, not counting limited time events except one and not counting seasonal urgent quests).

Episode 2~3 content still missing from NA:

• 2nd Mining Base urgent quests (has been skipped on NA, but could still be added in the future?)
  • Miasma Daybreak urgent quest (there's a chance it could be skipped)
  • Crafting system (technics and units)
  • 1st Episode 3 urgent quest boss
  • 2 challenge quests
  • 2nd Episode 3 urgent quest boss
  • New time attack quest (already available on NA according to PrinceBrightstar)
  • 4th Mining Base urgent quest
  • Solo extreme quest (already available on NA according to PrinceBrightstar)

Episode 4 content:

• Episode 4 story
  • 1st Ep4 expedition
  • New rings and merging L rings into 12* units
  • Bonus quests
  • 1st Ep4 urgent quest boss
  • Custom/crafted photon arts
  • New time attack quest
  • 2nd expedition and riding quest
  • New time attack quest
  • 3rd ultimate quest
  • Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 collaboration (includes cutscenes with Emilia and Vivienne)
  • 5th Mining Base urgent quest
  • Solo extreme quest
  • 2nd Ep4 urgent quest boss (in the JP version, 14* weapons were introduced here, but it may be different for NA)
  • Solo trigger boss quest with the Episode 3 final boss
  • Battle arena (in the JP version, lvl 80 cap was released around here, but it may be different for NA)
  • 3rd Ep4 urgent quest boss

Episode 5 content:

• Episode 5 story
  • Hero class
  • Buster quest
  • 1st urgent buster quest
  • New ability, dark blast
  • 1st Ep5 urgent quest boss
  • New type of augments (S-class augments) for weapons
  • Ep5 expedition
  • Lvl 85 cap
  • 2nd Ep5 urgent quest boss (enhanced version of an older fan favourite urgent quest boss)
  • New extreme quest (2 versions, solo and party)
  • 1st endless quest
  • 14* pets and rare color variations, 14* candies
  • Simple compound technics and wand photon art
  • 3rd Ep5 urgent quest boss
  • 2nd urgent buster quest
  • Extremely hard mode expeditions with adjusted maps (only forest, caves and coast got this adjustment on JP, but it could be different on NA)
  • Solo ultimate quest and lvl 90 cap
  • 4th Ep5 urgent quest boss and 15* weapons
  • Solo trigger with the 2nd and 3rd Ep4 urgent quest bosses back to back
  • 2nd endless quest

Episode 6 content (still on-going on Japan):

• Episode 6 story
  • Phantom class
  • Ultra Hard difficulty for expeditions and urgent quests (older urgent quests have been getting UH one at a time on JP)
  • Armada urgent quest
  • Weapon crafting for "new type" weapons (all weapons on NA are "new type")
  • Complex photon arts (HU sword, FI Knuckles, RA Launcher, GU Twin machineguns and BO Boots)
  • 13* units and S-class augments for units
  • 4 players ultimate quest
  • Limited time event with a new version of the 1st Ep3 urgent quest boss
  • Lvl 95 cap
  • Etoile class
  • Balance adjustments for Braver, small adjustments for Fighter and Hero
  • ATK and HP drinks buffs
  • Divide quest
  • New augments transfer system
  • *** JP version is here currently ***

Incoming Ep6 content to be released on JP:

• Balance adjustments for Hero, Phantom and Etoile
  • New high exp bonus quest
  • New evolved version of the Redran pet
  • Complex photon art for BR Bows
  • 2 more Ep6 story chapters
  • Ep6 urgent quest boss
  • Gunblade class (name not yet known)
  • A new type of quest? (details unknown)
  • A gigantic update teased as "Not Episode 7"

No wonder people say the western server will be a rush this year.

I'm curious. As a new player with PC, the only urgent quests we know are the temporary ones - Wind & Rain, Unfathomable Abyss, a couple mining base ones and I think I took part in one that wasn't any of those with a different dark boss on the day or two after PC release.

It felt like these urgents had minor story relevance, and the Dark Falz ones may be replicated within the story quests I've yet to get through. But it sounds on that list like they are placed within the story. Are they still temporary? And does this mean if you aren't on top of the story you can't really understand where they fit in or generally what's going on?

@Miraglyth said in PS02 JA content?:

No wonder people say the western server will be a rush this year.

I'm curious. As a new player with PC, the only urgent quests we know are the temporary ones - Wind & Rain, Unfathomable Abyss, a couple mining base ones and I think I took part in one that wasn't any of those with a different dark boss on the day or two after PC release.

It felt like these urgents had minor story relevance, and the Dark Falz ones may be replicated within the story quests I've yet to get through. But it sounds on that list like they are placed within the story. Are they still temporary? And does this mean if you aren't on top of the story you can't really understand where they fit in or generally what's going on?

Unlike the NA version, which made all the Ep1, 2 and 3 story available from launch, in the JP version the story is released 1 chapter at a time (Episode 1 chapter 1 in an update, Episode 1 chapter 2 in a future update, and so on).

In the JP version, major urgent quest bosses are usually released in an update soon after the relevant story chapter (usually a few weeks appart).

But yeah, urgent quests are all temporary, though old ones often return with new difficulty modes (thoughout Ep6 old urgent quests have been getting the Ultra Hard difficulty mode on JP one at a time).

@Ezodagrom said in PS02 JA content?:

In the JP version, major urgent quest bosses are usually released in an update soon after the relevant story chapter (usually a few weeks appart).

But yeah, urgent quests are all temporary, though old ones often return with new difficulty modes (thoughout Ep6 old urgent quests have been getting the Ultra Hard difficulty mode on JP one at a time).

This feels like a really weird approach. Not least owing to asset use. The dark falz we can fight in urgent quests has a video at the end. If that's a conclusion to one of the episodes, does that video never get used outside of appearances for that specific urgent quest? 🤔

@Miraglyth said in PS02 JA content?:

This feels like a really weird approach. Not least owing to asset use. The dark falz we can fight in urgent quests has a video at the end. If that's a conclusion to one of the episodes, does that video never get used outside of appearances for that specific urgent quest? 🤔

You get to fight Elder in the story, the video is included there. Though, there are urgent quest bosses that we can't fight in the story, so the intro/end cutscenes for those can only be viewed in the urgent quests themselves (though some of them can be rewatched in the player's room, I think?).

That list is a bit inaccurate. Ep 3 We already got the solo extreme quest. Also we got the Harukotan Time Attack. Ep 4 we already have merging rings into units. There just aren't many units to use that with yet. The list is also missing the Phantasy Star Portable 2 cross over event (confirmed via datamining including English voiceovers.)

@PrinceBrightstar said in PS02 JA content?:

That list is a bit inaccurate. Ep 3 We already got the solo extreme quest. Also we got the Harukotan Time Attack.

Didn't know those 2 were out already, I guess they were released in the ultimate quests update as well?

@PrinceBrightstar said in PS02 JA content?:

Ep 4 we already have merging rings into units. There just aren't many units to use that with yet. The list is also missing the Phantasy Star Portable 2 cross over event (confirmed via datamining including English voiceovers.)

A friend showed me a screenshot a couple days ago with the option to add rings into units greyed out, even though 12* units are already out.

Will add the PSPo2 crossover to the list, wasn't sure if I should include it due to the chance of it not coming to the NA version.

EDIT: Done, post edited with the new info. ^^

I could have sworn they said in an interview that we'd be on the same content as jp in the American release. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy the game is out. I just hope they don't take too long to get episode 6 out X_X I want my Phantom now.

Trust me, I would love Phantom class as soon as possible as well... and crafted techs, because I miss ramegid zero already. And Wand PA. I suppose I'll just keep bonking things with normal attacks as Techter.