How to Perfect Guard

So right now I'm in my "next phase" of bringing my Hu (Hunter) subclass to 75 as a main with bringing a subclass Fi as high or to 55. Depending on where it will be at when I reach 75 as a Hu Main. I've been reading a lot about "Perfect Guard" and see it a lot in the Hu Skill Tree.

What I was wondering is how do you execute a Perfect Guard. Is it by chance when you invoke it in battle? It didn't seem like hitting it during the red circle from a last attack made a difference. Plus now gaurantee a monster is going to attack when/if that even worked.

Is it a matter of a chance attack when invoked not doing any damage that triggers it?

o/ =^.^=

A Perfect Guard is simply a properly timed Guard. Essentially, you have to hit the Guard button just as the enemy is about to hit you.

@AndrlCh said in How to Perfect Guard:

A Perfect Guard is simply a properly timed Guard. Essentially, you have to hit the Guard button just as the enemy is about to hit you.

Oof! That sounds hard on the surface. No doubt need to up the pattern watching game to make proper use of that subset of the class!

o/ =^.^=

on mobbing is hard , but on bosses is more easy once u learn the patterns of those its a risk-reward , plus is a way to selfheal (with ring and i think a skill?)

@Warlyx said in How to Perfect Guard:

on mobbing is hard , but on bosses is more easy once u learn the patterns of those its a risk-reward , plus is a way to selfheal (with ring and i think a skill?)

Right, for me Hunter in the big picture is going to be a really good subclass. Though I'll need to rework my skill tree to take back a couple of ill placed points in its early skills. So took that off ye olde weapon-palette in place of another Sword PA (Photon Art) to get my by until 75. Then on to the next non-main subclass stuck at 55. And by all accounts if you're gonna do one first seems Hu (Hunter) is the one.

o/ =^.^=

yeah getting hit at low HP and "DEATH noooooo!.....wait no death! as hunter is looool middle finger to death!

@Warlyx said in How to Perfect Guard:

yeah getting hit at low HP and "DEATH noooooo!.....wait no death! as hunter is looool middle finger to death!

Seriously! I can be giving a boss a sword enema and focus on a good how to book or ponder life. 😼

o/ =^.^=

How do you know if you did a perfect guard correctly?

@Endu-L A visual effect that looks like a barrier appears in front of you.