Are there any Pure DEF (Defense) Mag Guides

So I have undertaken the task of raising at least one of all the standard ATK Pure Mags. And experimenting to see what happens when you do thinks like nothing but Moon or Star Atomizers to see what raising all 3 to 200 looks like.

What I wondered is does anyone know/have formulae about how to raise Pure DEF Mags? Or is it so considered not useful that it for the most part isn't done to the point there isn't any player info/guides on how best to do?

Thanks.

o/ =^.^=

I have never seen anyone do a pure def mag back in jp, usually points in def is considered as a wasted point, because it's simply unnecessary, some EP6 enemies can be pretty spongy, and using proper units alone is enough to allow pretty much anyone to survive pretty comfortably, it's just not much point to have that extra defense, but that 200 atk from a mag is almost 7.5% of the attack stats u get from a EP6 end game weapon, so people choose that 200 atk over def in general.

No no no, no more ruined mags please, they hurt me.

DEF won't do anything, content that hits hard will still hit hard, you're supposed to NOT get hit. No HP, no Defense.

@KnightHarb1nger said in Are there any Pure DEF (Defense) Mag Guides:

So I have undertaken the task of raising at least one of all the standard ATK Pure Mags. And experimenting to see what happens when you do thinks like nothing but Moon or Star Atomizers to see what raising all 3 to 200 looks like.

What I wondered is does anyone know/have formulae about how to raise Pure DEF Mags? Or is it so considered not useful that it for the most part isn't done to the point there isn't any player info/guides on how best to do?

Thanks.

o/ =^.^=

I have done Pure Def Mags in PSO2 JP before. You will need room items (1 Star items is MEL DEF - 2 Star items is RNG DEF - 3 Star items is TEC DEF)

I also did DEF Armor DEF Armor Photo

But over all there is no real guide for DEF Mags. I ended up doing a DEF Mag with 100 RNG DEF and 100 TEC DEF do to it was the easiest to do. The Armor mostly used for the MEL DEF if monsters and players can make it to me that is.

Subbing Hunter does more for you than a defense mag. Hilariously subbing Summoner does more for you than a defense mag. But if you want to dump 5 bucks to see for yourself, i encourage you to do so, sometimes you cant just take people's words at face value... you have to know it yourself.

I do know and readily accept and understand its not effective for even what might pass for marginally effective/efficient game play. If I did, or when I do, it will if for nothing else than to see what form it takes. And/or maybe play test it for funsies. But certainly there is a good reason the greater "PSO Diaspora" has no definitive information on this with almost 8yrs of JP.

Thank you guys all!

o/ =^.^=

Leg Units - +Striking/Melee Def, +Dex, -Striking/Melee Attack

Arm Units - +Ranged Def, +Dex, -Ranged Attack

Back Unit - +Tech Def, +Dex, -Tech Def

If you really want pure def mags, you do it like you do pure 200 attack mags, except instead of Weapon+Mates, you do Unit+Mates equivalent.

In short,

Alternate leg units+monomates for striking/melee def

Alternate arm units+dimates for ranged def

Alternate back units+trimates for tech def