I didn't know what to do about the skill tree

So I used the recommendation option haha I didn't have time to figure it out but I will be resetting it if it isn't good later.

Maybe someone has a recommendation on the skills to get. So far I don't mind the skill that boosts damage when standing still. Since I'm kind of used to that haha

https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/updated-class-combinations/ here look at his guide, the class combinations on meta are the ones that have synergy with ranger mainclass. One thing is for sure, the photon gain rate skill works best at level 1 and not 5, because you can put the other points into some other skills. also ignore fury critical rate boosting skills on subclasses, they do nothing for ranger at the moment.

@Tarkus oh. That's a handy little page to helo me decide my sub class too! Thank you!

@Hengbok The RA guide assumes 90/95 level cap, which is not the case in the NA version. I have a skill tree for level 75 cap here: http://bit.ly/2UEAB2L.

Some notes:

• This skill tree includes the 10 SP from completing the NPC quests from your class trainer. I didn't add the other 4 SP just yet since I'm unsure of what NA has at the moment.
  • You can choose between taking Iron Will, or maxing Flash Guard 1. This build takes Iron Will, so just remove the points from IW if needed.
  • This build drops Precision Hit Blast Bonus as it's more of a luxury skill than others like PP Preservation Bullet.

@Nope woah it even has the whole grid. Thanks!

I also used recommended setup when I started using the skill tree. I started using custom setup when I wanted a certain skill upped.

Some skills are repeated, such as: Step Jump, First Arts JA Addition, Next Jump, Step JA Combo, etc. Do I need to spend points on them in a subclass?

Check out my signature's Current skill tree for Ranger. The traps skill will be rarely used in most mobbing and boss cases. So spending points will very on situations. The build I use is based on bullet loading to get the +100 RNG going at all times. In the current build you can take some points away from the ammos and put them into long range (Sharp Shooter Skill). Flash and Gravity grenades especially Gravity grenades will be used for mob clearing and launcher ammos. Gravity Grenade will pull the enemies together for the big shots.

Hope it gives you some ideas on how you may want to do things.

@The-Question said in I didn't know what to do about the skill tree:

Check out my signature's Current skill tree for Ranger. The traps skill will be rarely used in most mobbing and boss cases. So spending points will very on situations. The build I use is based on bullet loading to get the +100 RNG going at all times. In the current build you can take some points away from the ammos and put them into long range (Sharp Shooter Skill). Flash and Gravity grenades especially Gravity grenades will be used for mob clearing and launcher ammos. Gravity Grenade will pull the enemies together for the big shots.

Hope it gives you some ideas on how you may want to do things.

There are some issues regarding the skill tree provided:

• Guard Stance outside of prerequisites is completely dead on Ranger mains; Guard Stance needs to be on, which means turning off Fury Stance that provides 161.4% almost unconditionally. If you really wanted damage reduction, maxing Flash Guard 1 would be more beneficial as it provides a 20% damage reduction against MELEE and RANGED attacks, vs Guard Stance's 25% MELEE reduction.

• Critical Fury isn't "bad", but in 75 level cap the points are better used on other skills like Flash Guard 1 until level cap is rasied.

• Trap skills are used frequently in both mobbing and bossing cases. Tactical Trap, when maxed, provides +20% PP recovery ON HIT with any traps. It can be argued that traps may not see much value in bossing situations, but in mobbing? Hitting at least 2 or more mobs is an immediate net gain of +40% PP, which is crucial in getting more attacks in.

• Ignoring a 10% damage boost from Sharp Shooter is rather questionable; given that Ranger's preferred attack range is nowhere close to the enemies, Sharp Shooter is one of those skills that would make sense to take, and the activation range is only 1 dive roll away.

• Bind/Blinding/Jellen Shot. They're not bad skills, but compared to other valuable ones like Tactical Trap, they're usually never taken. Also, loading any other bullet throws away old ones, so you have to discard Blight Bullet rounds to load Jellen/Blinding/Bind shot and etc., making them more of a hassle than it's worth.

• There's no reason not to max Blight Bullet, 2 extra rounds gives you more wiggle room to choose when to mark enemies or not.

@Vundar9115 said in I didn't know what to do about the skill tree:

Some skills are repeated, such as: Step Jump, First Arts JA Addition, Next Jump, Step JA Combo, etc. Do I need to spend points on them in a subclass?

They don't cost SP to take.

@Nope I made them based on not having any of them as a main class or sub class. I made the tree's as a base line. I only said to look at it for ideas of what you can do. Not only that the tree's in my signature are all made and based on RP character value. The skill tree that you looked at is not meant for those who will be maining just Ranger.

@Nope I made them based on not having any of them as a main class or sub class. I made the tree's as a base line. I only said to look at it for ideas of what you can do. Not only that the tree's in my signature are all made and based on RP character value. The skill tree that you looked at is not meant for those who will be maining just Ranger.

I can see where you're coming from and why you made the skill investments like that, but I feel it'd be... counterproductive to provide builds with no main class/sub class as a base line in a class subthread.

@Nope said in I didn't know what to do about the skill tree:

I can see where you're coming from and why you made the skill investments like that, but I feel it'd be... counterproductive to provide builds with no main class/subclass as a base line in a class subthread.

Just providing more then one point of view on how you can do a Ranger build. I normally make all my builds based on my characters RP scenarios and what not. So I traditionally shy away from meta only focused builds. I also like seeing other players play outside metas and still succeed. I'll leave it with that, don't want to get to much into things and completely derail this topic.

No matter what you'll pretty much be gauranteed to succeed. As has been pointed out above and as the saying goes. "You do you." If thats minmaxing/meta'ing(sp?) or RP'ing (Role Playing?) ;~)

Have fun. And enjoy this beautiful game.

o/ =^.^=

@Tarkus said in I didn't know what to do about the skill tree:

https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/updated-class-combinations/ here look at his guide, the class combinations on meta are the ones that have synergy with ranger mainclass. One thing is for sure, the photon gain rate skill works best at level 1 and not 5, because you can put the other points into some other skills. also ignore fury critical rate boosting skills on subclasses, they do nothing for ranger at the moment.

That is awesome sir! Thank you very much for sharing it!

o/ =^.^=

when people say its possible to build for RPing? Is that like if your character you make has a background story and is built based on that?