My install randomly broke twice and now I'm out 120 gigs.

So this is twice now that my microsoft store install of this game has just randomly broken, and due to the permissions garbage has just devastated my hard drive by consuming 60 untouchable gigabytes of data each. I can't uninstall it, the windows store doesn't recognize it. Your game is fucked, either fix this or give me a new hard drive dawg. I can't think of another game in recent memory that has actively been detrimental to my actual computer.

I ran into this as well. Trying to remove the game via Control Panel doesn't work, however I did get it to uninstall properly by going to Settings > Apps.

I am not certain for most, but I put my install on a second SSD, not my primary 😄 drive. This means that I can forcefully delete the directory it creates. If it is installed on the 😄 Drive Windows will fight like hell to keep the directory from being deleted.

Cool guess what happened again? I'm done.

@Nuebot I gave up on trying to keep the MS Store version alive. If you want to re-download, use the PSO2 Tweaker. It makes live so much better and fixes all of the lag issues.

The tweaker worked great for 2 days for me. Tried to start the game today, blocked by the MS store.

@Nuebot Hey dude quick question, what operating system are you running? I've been testing a bunch with my friends and anytime Windows 10 Home 64x is used we run into the problem of where after a reboot practically half the files are missing and we gotta reinstall the game. It only seems to not have that issue when I run a build with Windows 10 Pro 64x consistently. I'd have to get back to ya on the files eating up your storage tho..

@Nuebot said in My install randomly broke twice and now I'm out 120 gigs.:

So this is twice now that my microsoft store install of this game has just randomly broken, and due to the permissions garbage has just devastated my hard drive by consuming 60 untouchable gigabytes of data each. I can't uninstall it, the windows store doesn't recognize it. Your game is fucked, either fix this or give me a new hard drive dawg. I can't think of another game in recent memory that has actively been detrimental to my actual computer.

Noticed your post, you can download Treesize to get rid of the unwanted files and recover your 120gb. I made a post in this forum (below your post). Hope it can help you. Im out and done too, not going to bother with this game any more. Cheers mate!

@TsunamiShijo86 you will need to run the MS Store fix again. Takes a few minutes but you should be good to go after that.

To find the files you need to activate your ribbon (quick access toolbar) on your file explorer, then select views and turn on the see hidden files option. Then you can select your hard drive->program files->windowapps(notice this file is a different shade, it was one of the hidden files)-> MutableBackup. This is where Microsoft store keeps dumping the files. Now you have to take ownership of the file and all its subcontent to delete it because Microsoft sucks. I've tried using the tweaker launcher like others and after 8 hour download and install it directed me straight to other launcher to reinstall game even after running all fixes and following guides multiple times.

@Nuebot I had the exact same problem, except the windows store malware managed to download FIVE copies of the game to my mutablesbackup folder. The other guy told you correctly, you need to take ownership of the windowsapps "hidden" folder. You need to unhide it, go into security, and take ownership. Then what I did was use the uninstaller, which uninstalled 12 or 17 gb, delete ALL copies of the game in mutable backup, plus, check mutables and look for the main file which has something like onyxia in it's name. That should get it fully deleted. Once I did that, I downloaded the tweaker, followed all the directions-there is a good youtube vid that walks you through it if you're an idiot like me, now FINALLY I'm back in the game. I've never been so frustrated with ANY computer issue, game or otherwise in my life. GOOD LUCK