I love the Mission Pass features in this game...

It's really a great way for me to know that I accomplished a feat. I like working my way to earning my Mission badges and other incentives. I finally understand how the these Season passes work and I love it.

Thanks FortNite for introducing me to it.

I like it too!

I hate it , because they monetized something that in Japan were free rewards.

If the system was completely free on both tiers, then that would be a different thing and a fun way to introduce all the free rewards that were given during the last 8 years without overwhelming new players.

But as it stands, they are literally monetizing things that used to be quest rewards and free items given on campagins, or fun scratches or free events, which is extremely scummy.

The system itself could be fun and a new addition, if they did not monetize it.

A little example:

alt text

@IfrianMMO said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

If the system was completely free on both tiers, then that would be a different thing and a fun way to introduce all the free rewards that were given during the last 8 years without overwhelming new players.

But as it stands, they are literally monetizing things that used to be quest rewards and free items given on campagins, or fun scratches or free events, which is extremely scummy.

A little example:

alt text

Definitely gotta agree with this one. I like premium service in games (I believe that employed adults should support online entertainment as much as they would support a night out or a few drinks at the bar) and I respect that F2P games generally focus on gachapons + whales.

But non-tradable rewards from mission passes and the star gem shop is really too much. It doesn't take advantage of the theoretical benefits of whale-focused games (letting whales sell leftover items to the F2P community) and is unreasonable given the state of the JP cash shop.

I like the system, the tier missions are a good thought. I'm kind of on the fence about monetised rewards that are free in JP. If we get items that were monetised in JP for free in return then all that really accomplishes is to shuffle things around a little. Considering the pre-PC content disappearance situation, it's not worse than simply never giving PC players a chance for some items at all.

That said, season 3 itself I am on the fence about. If I have my numbers right, PC players can reach tier 23 at best. Which seems a little unfair. Why not extend a week so we could get to 30 if we needed, or find a way to give players some extra stars this time around so new players aren't jipped out of rewards (and might spend a gold ticket)?

Also a new realisation hit me today. For some reason weekly and tier missions update 9 hours ahead of everything else. That might mean we get a third set of tier missions with hours to spare before the 10 June maintenance. If so that would enable higher tiers than 23 on PC at the cost of making season 4 harder to complete instead. It's all very strangely scheduled.

@Miraglyth said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

That might mean we get a third set of tier missions with hours to spare before the 10 June maintenance. If so that would enable higher tiers than 23 on PC at the cost of making season 4 harder to complete instead. It's all very strangely scheduled.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for this.

@CNJL said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for this.

Actually take that back, just saw the mission pass season expires one minute before the weekly and tier missions reset. At least that simplifies things, but it does mean new players are limited to tier 23 at best unless they spend SG. Really should have extended or made tier missions worth more for this week.

@CNJL said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

@IfrianMMO said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

A little example:

alt text

Definitely gotta agree with this one. I like premium service in games (I believe that employed adults should support online entertainment as much as they would support a night out or a few drinks at the bar) and I respect that F2P games generally focus on gachapons + whales.

But non-tradable rewards from mission passes and the star gem shop is really too much. It doesn't take advantage of the theoretical benefits of whale-focused games (letting whales sell leftover items to the F2P community) and is unreasonable given the state of the JP cash shop.

As a working adult, I never have time for a few drinks at the bar (also I don't really drink alcohol). Don't have that free time, or that excess $ to drop on enjoying life, just surviving.

@ERICK001BC Yeah in that case I'd say I wouldn't feel obligated to spend any money on the game. Maybe it's insensitive of me to have written that. 😞

It's still confusing that these items aren't tradable. I've heard on this forum that this Mission Pass (+ Fresh Finds) system is NA's way of catching up to 8 years of cosmetics, but it still doesn't explain the inability to trade those goods. We're going to be caught up in a very short amount of time since we can't get licensing for a lot of the cross-over events. Then, the Mission Pass is still going to be here with no indication of changing in any way.

@CNJL All good, no offense taken. I did sometimes like to go out and enjoy doing light shopping or maybe once in a blue moon go out and spend about $20-40 to play some pool with a friend I haven't seen in a bit. I don't get out much, at least not to bars and stuff. Fishing is free, going to the park and playing sports is free, and other stuff.

Still considering Gaming is my biggest pass time, I usually buy the game and any season pass that I feel really adds to the game, or if I I have faith in the company and wish to support it (as I did here buying 2 founders/regol). Other than that it really does't feel right supporting the ac tickets and premium.

When the fresh find shop and mission pass are tradeable then I might consider buying it out of my own free will and not because I had a few passes to begin with. You make a good point. Considering there is a lot of content we will not see, Eventually they will run out of content for the mission passes and will have to reuse some of the stuff. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-directory/

Star gem issues aside, they can be earned for free and used to buy the pass. As well, this pass includes items that were also ac scratch items in their list as something guaranteed. I feel the system works perfectly fine and I'm glad to have it on na. As soon as the SG issues are repramanded, I feel like all will be fine.

@ERICK001BC said in I love the Mission Pass features in this game...:

<snipped>

Still considering Gaming is my biggest pass time, I usually buy the game and any season pass that I feel really adds to the game, or if I I have faith in the company and wish to support it (as I did here buying 2 founders/regol). Other than that it really does't feel right supporting the ac tickets and premium.

When the fresh find shop and mission pass are tradeable then I might consider buying it out of my own free will and not because I had a few passes to begin with. You make a good point. Considering there is a lot of content we will not see, Eventually they will run out of content for the mission passes and will have to reuse some of the stuff. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-directory/

Oh yeah I totally forgot about items coming back into circulation. One thing that irritated me about non-tradable items was the pressure to buy something because you can't have a change of heart later and buy it from someone else. Re-circulation of scratch items makes me feel better about not going for something the first time it's in circulation.

I definitely agree with you that it doesn't feel right supporting AC tickets since I don't like gambling. And yeah if I don't like a company and don't have faith in it then it doesn't matter if I win the lottery, they won't get my cash. Looking at you, Nexon.

Now that I've played the game for a few weeks and have some sense of how many Star Gems we get I feel a little better about the price of the Mission Pass. I think I'll be able to earn passes I like without real-world currency, and maybe once in a while I'll spend real-world currency to get something from the Fresh Finds shop.

@CNJL It's been posted about the value of the mission pass equiling out for most people. You spend 200 and you can basically earn the 200 back.... kind of. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2528/mission-pass-sg/2?page=1

Yeah I wouldn't worry to much about missing out, things will eventually come back. Still I wish they where trad able.

I like how JP didn't have enough monetization between AC and SG and Premium Pass, so they added even more on top of it in the form of mission pass and fresh finds shop. But that wasn't enough, they also keep having tiny 3 day sales and making sure a ton of stuff is unable to be sold or traded.

Love it.