Best Skill Tree + Sub-class for Hunter (Sword Main)

@The-Question

After much thought, I'm going to use Hunter/Bouncer, while I was playing the game as a Braver, I never realized how much I missed using magic like in the first PSO. Also, I'm used to dying in less than 4 hits, so I should have no problem taking Bouncer as Sub-Class. (Not to mention, I'm going to use the 1,000,000 exp ticket on Bouncer after I go through a certain point in the story)

Does Hunter/Fighter require you to keep low health like Fighter main does? Thats a huge turn off to me, but seems like its the best option.

@Ashikuro said in Best Skill Tree + Sub-class for Hunter (Sword Main):

Does Hunter/Fighter require you to keep low health like Fighter main does? Thats a huge turn off to me, but seems like its the best option.

Hmm, it really shouldn't since it requires HP Up to get access to most of the other branches, like up to 5 to gain access to all of them before you're able to go down a particular path you're own way.

@The-Raven said in Best Skill Tree + Sub-class for Hunter (Sword Main):

Braver and Bouncer subs are not recommended for Hunter as they will really gimp your damage. If you want tech access then you should be using Hunter/Phantom (which isn't released yet). Hunter/Summoner is serviceable compared to braver or bouncer but still not recommended.

I know this thread is old but I disagree with this assessment. I strongly believe Braver and Bouncer are top two subs when it comes to Hunter main. I have to ask Raven this question before I continue.

What is the average DPS for a hunter main for when you would consider not a gimp Build?

One question, does getting the skills Striking Up [1, 2 and 3] worth it or not in a main sword Hunter? Because I'm new in PSO2 ... So, before read some things on the internet, I would put my skill points on all 3 Striking Up skills. But now, I just dont know... please, help the newbie XD

@kasuiakensuzen On Skill Trees, Skills that give multiplicative damage increases have a better effectiveness-to-SP Cost ratio than Stat Ups. In general, you only take Stat Ups if there are no other multiplier Skills that you need (one of the only exceptions being Force's "Technique Power Mega-Up" since it is only 5SP for a whopping 120 TEC-Pwr).

With Hunter, you might be able to get away with maxing the Melee Power Up Skills along with the Perfect Attack Skills and Fury or Guard Stance in terms of SP, but you would have to pretty much eschew any defensive Skills.

@AndrlCh said in Best Skill Tree + Sub-class for Hunter (Sword Main):

@kasuiakensuzen On Skill Trees, Skills that give multiplicative damage increases have a better effectiveness-to-SP Cost ratio than Stat Ups. In general, you only take Stat Ups if there are no other multiplier Skills that you need (one of the only exceptions being Force's "Technique Power Mega-Up" since it is only 5SP for a whopping 120 TEC-Pwr).

With Hunter, you might be able to get away with maxing the Melee Power Up Skills along with the Perfect Attack Skills and Fury or Guard Stance in terms of SP, but you would have to pretty much eschew any defensive Skills.

Ok I am lost!

Stats up ........what does this mean? What is being done here?

SP cost ratio........So what is this?

Can I please get a better explanation I am just not understanding.....:please!

@RainGnyu

Stat Up Skills are any Skill that gives you an increase to raw stats instead of a multiplier, ie. Skills like what @kasuiakensuzen was asking about, Melee Power Up 1, 2, and 3.

SP Cost ratio is simply the consideration of how much use you get per Skill Point; for example, if we take Fury Stance and Melee Power Up 1, for 10 SP you get more benefit from the former (120% Melee Damage) than the latter (+50 MEL-Pwr), so Fury Stance has a better SP Cost ratio.

@AndrlCh said in Best Skill Tree + Sub-class for Hunter (Sword Main):

@RainGnyu

Stat Up Skills are any Skill that gives you an increase to raw stats instead of a multiplier, ie. Skills like what @kasuiakensuzen was asking about, Melee Power Up 1, 2, and 3.

SP Cost ratio is simply the consideration of how much use you get per Skill Point; for example, if we take Fury Stance and Melee Power Up 1, for 10 SP you get more benefit from the former (120% Melee Damage) than the latter (+50 MEL-Pwr), so Fury Stance has a better SP Cost ratio.

Thank you! Getting a better understanding!