Does NPC relationship make any difference?

I've just been dragging 3 npc girls along with me because I want gifts from them, in addition to having cute girls following me around and popping up on screen. Do these npc's give better gifts as their relationships increase, give presents more often, more client orders, etc? I noticed you get titles and they are a lot more friendlier talking to you when you see them on the ship.

Not gonna lie, it's nice when you're on the way to see the concert and Aki cheerfully says hi to you. Risa still best girl though.

woondering the same thing.

Also, how do I increase there happiness?

@Isomer From what I can tell, complete missions with them in your party and get S ranks. Every 5 or so seem to reward a present, and after 10-ish missions, they go from green to yellow. Supposedly it takes 30 completed S ranks to get them to red.

They do give you different gifts up to a point (though some of the better ones, like lv17 PA/Tech discs, are likely dummied out of their gift table), then they start giving you 5 Rations according to their class. These Rations last for 10 minutes (can be stacked up to 2 hours) and give +30 to a Pwr Stat (depending on the Ration type) and +3 PP.

They also unlock titles for taking them out 10 and then 100 times. Worth it if you're going for title prizes.

You take them out for titles (which unlock loot) and presents (that do not do anything huge but are nice.) Otherwise nope, nothing major to the story or anything, it's just because you like your favorite waifu or husbando. No dating sim here! 😛

@Seed said in Does NPC relationship make any difference?:

No dating sim here!

[ Yandere Risa intensifies. ]

Risa was the only real choice.

When the NPC's stops giving presents?

they don't, every time you reach the point to get a present the bar resets

Dunno I've been taking Matoi usually and the last gift she gave me was an Ex-cube so maybe?

@Alevity After a while, they begin to exclusively give you Rations as their gift. For example, Matoi will start to give you Fish Rations because she is a TEC character.

@AndrlCh said in Does NPC relationship make any difference?:

@Alevity After a while, they begin to exclusively give you Rations as their gift. For example, Matoi will start to give you Fish Rations because she is a TEC character.

For a good amount of time Matoi wasn't in the ship at all cuz of episode 4 so I assume that the time I took her in between didn't stack.

@Alevity If her Gift Gauge wasn't filling (as seen at the Ally terminal in the Gateway Ship), then that may be the case.

Also, be aware that once you get to Ration, the Gift Gauge takes twice as long to fill.

The gifts get better for a while and then you'll get a gift they'll keep giving to you nonstop.

I'd recommend just bringing friend avatars, free or your actual friends/aux units as they'll perform a lot better and if your criteria is cute girls then there's plenty of those.