SEGA 4 EVER ! :-P

That is all i have to say 😄

We need a new, creativ console which is bashing all this MS and Sony plastik trash from this world 😄

@mickschen said in SEGA 4 EVER ! 😛:

That is all i have to say 😄

We need a new, creativ console which is bashing all this MS and Sony plastik trash from this world 😄

Go buy "console wars" and read up on exactly how SEGA's console division died (spoiler: corporate infighting).

As for a prospective sega console, there's always the SEGA Neptune.

im optimizm 😄

A SEGA console? I'm in! Just pre-install all the classics for us! 🙂

@mickschen It has been almost 22 years since the Dreamcast was released. Sega has become more focused on releasing games than releasing consoles. I would rather Sega not release another console and keep releasing their games on all platforms available. I'm not a huge fan of console exclusive games because it makes someone who wants to play that game buy a new console they do not own.

The way the future of game looks itself, entering in a console race now if you're not established for today's current gaming climate is suicide. Sure, they have had momentum before, but I really don't think anyone would take SEGA seriously again if they suddenly announced a console when they would already be fighting the competition the likes of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. And with even these big three slowly moving away from consoles--even if they are releasing another generation--they are aware and even investing in streaming, which is inviting even more competition from Google, Amazon, Apple, and Nvidia just to name a few. Streaming is just the inevitable next step into the future after this coming console generation. Unless you're PC which will keep evolving because it does more than just game.

There is just no room for SEGA to jump in anymore, unless they somehow bring out a streaming service that blows the socks off everything and everyone, which they show no signs of. If they tried anything beyond what they are doing now, they'll implode like last time. They are playing so safe now that they have literally played themselves safe into a corner they cannot leave.

@Plazza7020 said in SEGA 4 EVER ! 😛:

@mickschen It has been almost 22 years since the Dreamcast was released. Sega has become more focused on releasing games than releasing consoles. I would rather Sega not release another console and keep releasing their games on all platforms available. I'm not a huge fan of console exclusive games because it makes someone who wants to play that game buy a new console they do not own.

Thats fukkun true!

@Sylus said in SEGA 4 EVER ! 😛:

The way the future of game looks itself, entering in a console race now if you're not established for today's current gaming climate is suicide. Sure, they have had momentum before, but I really don't think anyone would take SEGA seriously again if they suddenly announced a console when they would already be fighting the competition the likes of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. And with even these big three slowly moving away from consoles--even if they are releasing another generation--they are aware and even investing in streaming, which is inviting even more competition from Google, Amazon, Apple, and Nvidia just to name a few. Streaming is just the inevitable next step into the future after this coming console generation. Unless you're PC which will keep evolving because it does more than just game.

There is just no room for SEGA to jump in anymore, unless they somehow bring out a streaming service that blows the socks off everything and everyone, which they show no signs of. If they tried anything beyond what they are doing now, they'll implode like last time. They are playing so safe now that they have literally played themselves safe into a corner they cannot leave.

Yes! And im thinking they are really save today too. SEGA is so big, they make other things great aswell like arcades and so on...

And if they do at for only release their own titles, they will be lose again.. Only if they push a console who is better, greater, taller, more buityfull and more stabil as all the other console (except nintendo caus they are friends 😄 ) then the next Console will kick Microsoft and Sony in the backyard 🐶

But Anyway, SEGA is cool, im hopefull that we will get an SEGA Saturn Mini in 5-6 Years! Cause we need more power, like an actually PC for 1500$ in a small paet for 80$ .. that need s time 😛

And im happy with remakes too 😛

Dreamcast was great, but the XBOX ONE is fine for me, even the gamepads are alike. I bought it 7 days ago specifically for PSO2, as soon as I found out about the closed beta test. Other games are not interest to me.

@Vundar9115 said in SEGA 4 EVER ! 😛:

alike.

You will hate me but, i bought a xbox in an internet shop, then played the beta and send the console back to this shop 😄

So, now i will look what pso will make to us, when is the next beta and where we can play it. Is it on xbox again then i will buy and older one for 60-70$ and only for this game again 🙂

Ooh, an interesting discussion I missed out my chance on participating on. 😅

@mickschen , while things are certainly improving with SEGA... especially in terms of relations with their other divisions, they still aren't as big as other companies are in the West and they still lack a degree of consistency.

For SEGA to be as big it is in the West as other companies like Namco and Capcom are would need a bit of a push in a new direction:

• SEGA should embrace the PC market more often than they do now. PC gaming is not popular in Japan in comparison to consoles, portables and especially the mobile market, whenever a company like Capcom makes a game available on PC they are in fact doing it for the Western market. While SEGA's definitely had some incredible PC ports it really does feel like PC SEGA fans get the short-end of the stick many times as SEGA's still primarily focused on consoles. It certainly would be nice if say...Yakuza (+Judgement and Fist of the North Star) got more frequent PC ports, Project DIVA had at least a game ported to PC and of course... the latest Sakura Wars releasing on PC.

• SEGA should listen to their Western fans and be more open to communication with their Western branches. An interview with the head of Localization at SEGA of America revealed that how much of a say SEGA West has on certain matters tend to vary whether it be things like the game getting a PC port or even what Western fans want out of the game in question. In many cases, this is the reason why many things like games released in Japan take several months to release outside (using Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Sakura Wars as an example, it seems SOA doesn't get to localize entirely till after the game's already released in Japan) and odd choices in terms of platform choice (Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax released... on PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3... in 2015). Being more open to communication with their Western branches the same way Namco and Capcom do and listening more could help alleviate these issues since for the most part, SEGA of America does seem to understand their fanbase but just don't have much of a say on things.

• SEGA should embrace their legacy... I'm not one to demand sequels to older IPs, but at least having proper rereleases or ports of them would be nice. I'm not asking for another "SEGA Megadrive Collection", we have plenty of those... I'm talking about actual ports of later games (Saturn-Dreamcast era) available on other platforms. I again, emphasize the PC market not just due to its importance but also the fact that it would be the best way to have a timeless collection thats available regardless of what console you own (never forget... SEGA made ports of SEGA Model 2 games... on PS3 and Xbox 360 and a year before PS4 and Xbox One's launch). Furthermore, many game publishers on Steam even have older titles listed... SEGA has such a backlot of PC game ports that with some little modifications could run on modern hardware such as Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, Billy Hatcher, Outrun 2006, Virtua Tennis, Typing of the Dead (which even had a Japan-exclusive version with Online Multiplayer).

@Leonkh99 said in SEGA 4 EVER ! 😛:

and Capcom

And even they're not as good as some people think they are. They stopped supporting Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2, the latter being released on PC, and will not even run on newer versions of Windows at all.

One of their most beloved niche game serials, MegaMan Legends, also got the cold shoulder for the west, which is terrible.

MegaMan Battle Network could've been a lot better too, but they ended up doing a lot of questionable things with the IP, almost to the point of making it into a milking machine.