Actual cost and should they just let us pay $60 for this?

I've been looking around in game and noticing that while FTP is cool and I understand the way it works, I have never quite seen anything like this game. I mess up my mag, I can surely find another like in PSO and just start over right? Nope, that's $$$...ok but I have a character that I main as a Bouncer and thought boots were cool but now want to main swords and need to reset my skill tree. Surely I can find a way to do this also right!? Nope that's gonna be more $$$...additional bank storage, additional anything.

I would have rather just paid, or been given an option to pay for the game instead of being told to enjoy the game I need to spend my stimulus check to get all there is out of this game.

I would love a buy to play version.

Its gonna cost me over 400$ to get what I want.

Inventory space, bank space, material space, premium, etc... mostly RENTED items...

I want to own these items not rent them.

They know they make more money off players being freemium than buy to play. This game is not very fun going full f2p. I don't know anyone personally who has played it to 75 on multiple classes and not spent a dime.

@liggittman said in Actual cost and should they just let us pay $60 for this?:

I've been looking around in game and noticing that while FTP is cool and I understand the way it works, I have never quite seen anything like this game. I mess up my mag, I can surely find another like in PSO and just start over right? Nope, that's $$$...ok but I have a character that I main as a Bouncer and thought boots were cool but now want to main swords and need to reset my skill tree. Surely I can find a way to do this also right!? Nope that's gonna be more $$$...additional bank storage, additional anything.

I would have rather just paid, or been given an option to pay for the game instead of being told to enjoy the game I need to spend my stimulus check to get all there is out of this game.

Honestly that's because of that kind of stuff that i inform myself before starting a new MMO.

I cannot argue with that. I would have been 200% fine with paying an upfront cost as well.

Agreed, would have happily spent $60 or the equivalent for the full game, allowing everything to be purchased with Meseta or FUN - without relying on player shops. PSO Ep I & II was a prime example of a buy to play game. Sure you had the Hunter's License, but that is the equivalent of XBOX Live or PSN nowadays.

400 to get what you want? damn, meanwhile theres people with every single cosmetic in the game out right now, having spend only 15 bucks on a month premium. you have a lot to learn

@liggittman said in Actual cost and should they just let us pay $60 for this?:

You can exchange Excube for lv down mag you know?

@niko2172 hello I’ve got to 75 on 4 classes so far and not spent a penny in the game. It just depends on how much forward thinking and planning you do.

Use excubes to fix your mag and wait for Sega to give us more reset passes to fix your tree.

It's important to think carefully about your decisions before making mistakes that will cost you.

It would be nice, but I bought 2 founders packs to support the game. Anything after that is really hard to justify it.

As for freemmium games, Warframe is free to play and everything else is just Cosmetics. I only spend money when they do donations to hostiptals/children.

Do not play f2p games if you are poor

PSO2 has one of the most aggressive monetization programs I think I've ever seen in a game. Free to play? yes, but actually no. PSO2 will punish you at every chance it can if you aren't spending money. You really are getting the absolute very bare minimum if you are going Free to play. Sadly for Japanese culture this is normal. The JP gaming culture has evolved to thrive on on gambling (Gacha, loot boxes, or in this case, scratch cards) mechanics and game developers have learned that their end goal isn't to make a game fun for its players, its to make the game frustrating so you will lose your patience and pay for a solution. Its pretty diabolic if you think about it. Make a game that looks fun, purposely create a frustrating situation and then sell the solution to that situation to the players at a high price, thus maximizing profit and minimizing actual game development standards.

Unfortunately this is what it means to be a part of this gaming generation, its sad to see gaming go down his route, drowned by unending greed, but its what it is.

Anyway back on topic, at this rate, with how severally and aggressively monetized PSO2 is, I'd rather just see a subscription policy put in place and the massive paywall removed as a result.

But lets face it, that's wishful thinking at this point.

PSO2 Hongkong, PSO2 Taiwan, PSO2 Sea, PSO2 Thailand all shut down within several years because of the aggressive monetization. Please do not spend any money on this game cause this game will fail by the end of 2020

I don’t think the aggressive monetisation would of been that bad if what you got was so bare bones to start with . 50 item slots is really low considering after clothing and weapon and restoration items you already lost half of it. They should of put like a 1 time stargem upgrade on some of these things (yah sure stargems can be bought but can be earnt too) . I think the worst one in my eyes is the colour change pass . Like why have a saloon ticket if a part of the saloon is locked behind another item ?

A lot of games try to give you a taster of the items in the shop and if you want more you pay for more . Besides they don’t want Money from Europe so it makes less sense