Need to reset my item shop 2nd password

I've sent support 2 tickets. It'd be great if this got done within the week rather than within the month.

I'm in the same boat. It's been over 4 days since I submitted the first one. This is ridiculous.

They have been experiencing a bit of extra issues, so instead of the 2-4 days response it might actually be the week. Hope it gets fixed soon.

A day I can understand. 4 days I can't. I don't ever recall submitting a ticket in an online game that wasn't resolved within a period of hours.

@Nos said in Need to reset my item shop 2nd password:

A day I can understand. 4 days I can't. I don't ever recall submitting a ticket in an online game that wasn't resolved within a period of hours.

mabinogi used to take 1-2 years to respond before they fired their support team and hired some one faster

They really just need an automated system

I've sent 2 tickets and it's almost been 4 days. Why isn't this just automated? Or at least completely optional..?? Like setting a bankpin in runescape or something. Extremely frustrated after trying every password I could've used over and over, I'm sure I somehow put it in wrong accidentally the first time and now I'm just not allowed into the shop at all.

Why would an automated system be better? "Thank you for submitting a ticket, we will get back to you once we look into it. Thank you."

???? At least from personal experience, an actual person will follow up eventually and work with you.

@ERICK001BC because being able to just do the "i forgot my password" process is faster than waiting a minimum 24 hours and more efficient

@Arcus5045 Ah that's what you meant. I thought you wanted a automated response from the support techs.

Ok, I see your point. The best way though for that to work would be for there to be a sega ID password where you have to link it. It would be too easy to break if it was just a forgot password and would need some sort of account log in other than Microsoft or Xbox or even email/phone for that extra security.

@ERICK001BC said in Need to reset my item shop 2nd password:

@Arcus5045 Ah that's what you meant. I thought you wanted a automated response from the support techs.

Ok, I see your point. The best way though for that to work would be for there to be a sega ID password where you have to link it. It would be too easy to break if it was just a forgot password and would need some sort of account log in other than Microsoft or Xbox or even email/phone for that extra security.

They could do 2fa or just have you log in and change it from the profile settings

Hello everyone I’ve been pretty much in the same boat since I submitted two tickets and haven’t gotten a response back for my item shop password since I haven’t played in a while.