New Player Here. Just Asking Some Questions.

First Question:

[Q] I would like to know what the frequency of content drop feels like. Is there an expected set date, like every 3 months you can expect some more content or is it randomly but often or not often enough? I am new to the community, the last "PSO" game I played was Phantasy Star Universe for Xbox in 2006.

[A] @ERICK001BC: Because it is a port, and they are trying to catch up with Japans, we been getting content that came out 4 months in Japan in the 1st month. So far "fashion" content has been constantly releasing every 2 weeks, with weekly intervals. As for the major content gameplay urgent quest, and etc almost monthly. There are other rotations weekly but overall it is constant and looks to be the constant until we fully catch up.

@SHYST Because it is a port, and they are trying to catch up with Japans, we been getting content that came out 4 months in Japan in the 1st month. So far "fashion" content has been constantly releasing every 2 weeks, with weekly intervals. As for the major content gameplay urgent quest, and etc almost monthly. There are other rotations weekly but overall it is constant and looks to be the constant until we fully catch up.

@ERICK001BC Thank you so much for the information

@SHYST No problem. Glad I could help. There are plenty of other things we still have to catch up on, as of right now they just released the Ultimate quests difficulties and the wedding content bingo. With how they are setting up the quest to be finished by the end of June, they may be hinting at releasing the other episodes, item crafting, (considering the personal shop from ex-cubes in market exchange shops) and other classes from the Jp version.

@ERICK001BC As players in the community what should I know about the developers? Dev updates and communication? Do you feel the NA 2020 Windows release capable of breathing new life into this game? As a new PC player I would love to step into a world with potential and plenty content ahead but if I'm in one where its beginning to settle or feel stale, please state your feelings as such. I plan to spend money on microtransactions and would love and insiders perspective on the longevity and quality of the current game and future potential.

@SHYST said in New Player Here. Just Asking Some Questions.:

@ERICK001BC As players in the community what should I know about the developers? Dev updates and communication? Do you feel the NA 2020 Windows release capable of breathing new life into this game? As a new PC player I would love to step into a world with potential and plenty content ahead but if I'm in one where its beginning to settle or feel stale, please state your feelings as such. I plan to spend money on microtransactions and would love and insiders perspective on the longevity and quality of the current game and future potential.

You're starting to sound like a reporter. I'll give you my honest opinion, please take it as is. This game came out in 2012. I was so hyped to play it considering I love My time on The gamecube so much. I tried Universe and 1 and didn't enjoy them very much. When I heard it was never coming to NA, I was crushed, even more so when PS got the vita edition. My friend told me I could still play it if I played on the Japanese server which I eventually did. I didn't have a good computer and honestly Didn't play it for too long, roughly 2 years. I had just graduated college and was under my internship and trying to look for work in my field so I was very busy. I was also playing warframe at the time. The game itself was very enjoyable even though everything was in Japanese. I only know basic Japanese and that was not enough to play the game without help/guilds/etc. I eventually stopped playing but it was because of work/personal life issue where I couldn't afford any fun time. Skip ahead a couple of years when this game got announced.

The hype returned, and I was excited to play. As how I feel about the game/developers/community. The Game itself is incredibly fun and addicting. I love this game. There a lot of things that where improved and a lot of things where I feel they really went backwards on. The premium feature, the cosmetics, all these have their very bad habits of MMO's. They can at times be over whelming because of the amount of content that floods us to play catch up. But this is the cosmetic feature. If Cosmetics are not an issue, you really don't lose anything from the game content. This is very important, but sadly most people fall in the middle. The game itself can be fully enjoyed and even though some people complain about the lack of content, the replay value is truly the enjoyment. I don't think I felt bored yet. As for the future, it makes me feel nice as a veteran PSO fan that the game is getting so much attention and love from the player base. It means that the future will be bright. At first I was worried because I felt it was the last thing they could do before the next release, but now it feels like this game has another 8 years of life before we get a new PSO.

The Developers/Community I played many games from all developers. My favorite and the reason why I still play Warframe is because of DE. They are hands down in my opinion the best developers I have met. They actually listen to the fans, react to content play the game with us, and know the game. When there are issues they are fixed fast, they make changes and report, live streams etc. There is always a balance between what they want to do and what the fans want to see. If there is an unbalance they do try to fix it, by admitting that they tried and that it will be addressed. Warframe to me was a mix of 2 of my most favorite games. PSO and Gunz the Duel. Sadly, the developers here don't seem as on top of everything. Even with the virus c-19 DE still keeps in touch with the community. The community is prob one of the least toxic communities out there. Players are always willing to help, no matter what level. Trading is fair and honestly to those that don't give it the fair chance they miss out on an experience. I wish more Game developers and the community was like this. Yes they make tweets, and just recently about a few days to a week after PC they addressed that there where PC issues. They are also trying to make as much money as possible so it is obvious that it feels more like those fremium mobile games. Though the devs have gotten better at addressing issued but not solely on their part. The thanks goes in majority to our GM'S. They are working non stop to make things better and things have been changing. Since I started there have been noticeable fixes to issues we have addressed. The game is only improving thanks to their support.

Finally the community, I met tons of players here and outside. Outside seems to be more about Memes and fashion over the game, regardless of which ship. The community is rather split as well. It's very hard to find veterans of the Japanese game who rather help then make it seem condescending when they speak. The love is there for everyone, that is no doubt and they want the game to succeeded, and that is to obviously have everyone be able to play the game's harder content and not quit because of the difficulty. This also means that they have more members to play with. Sadly they forget that they are far ahead of the curve. The game becomes only about the META, and less about the fun and the experience. I won't say that the community is not helpful because any knowledge usually is shared to help everyone. The sad part is that the META seems to be the only thing as accepted. This doesn't mean you can't be different and do both, just that no one really takes anything you say at face value. Players want to constantly one up each other, but in reality it is wasted when they can be having fun and enjoying the game. That isn't to say that there are hundreds of players who are "veterans" who wish to help other players enjoy the game regardless if they are new or not. But again the community is split with what is right and what is right to do. No one is wrong, and the love we have for the game doesn't stop being there.

I hope that this encourages you to try it, and get a little understanding at the situation. I don't speak for everyone, just myself and this is my current opinion. This will only get better eventually. As for now, it is a very fun and enjoyable game to play. Thank you.

One last thing I would like to say that I didn't want to add but will just to put everything on the table.

The community tends to feel entiltled to things and are upset when not given those things. It is still a new game in retrospect to this NA release and patience is important. It doesn't help their case though that with the lack of communication bewteen devs and the community, issues that have been addressed multiple times still occur. The community feels ignored and start losing trust even if again the GM's are doing everything they can. Instead of supporting eachother many feel the need to bring someone down when they say something negative about the game without adding any criticism or fact. But even with all this negativity, you wont be able to go anywhere in the game or community where the fans dont love this franchise. Pso fans have always and will always be loyal and caring people. The fans love the game and right now the older fans are trying to mix in with the newer ones. But the love remains.

@ERICK001BC Firstly, thank you for such a lengthy and honest response!

My first ever experience with this franchise was Phantasy Stay Universe. Even now I can still remember its social hub and beginning missions of a game that came out in 2006. It was the game that introduced me to MMOs and I fell in love. Later in my career I stayed with Halo and Gears of War primarily. All I knew was shooters. I was looking for a game to break me away, didn't like Skyrim, didn't like Fallout, didn't like Neverwinter. Years fly by and this game has never left my mind and when I hear of a Windows release when I'm older and into PC gaming I was understandably hype.

The current game I play is Gears 5. When I believe in the franchise or devs I'll always support with microtransactions either just cosmetic or pay to win. I did that with Gears 5, Ive committed so much extra money towards this game out of my love for it and security of its growth. I am willing to come back to a game I haven't played in forever and find my love for it again. Continue to purchase Mission Pass Tiers, Premium Content and AC but I just didn't know of the security of the community and IP.

I did happen to run into a nasty bug where restarting my PC corrupted my PSO game files and couldn't delete or re-download but I'm still hype and ready for the future.

@SHYST No problem. Atm, The PC release is having some technical difficulties. They seem to be responding to it and trying to fix it. Here is hoping they fix it by the end of this month (most likely sooner), so those waiting to play can jump in and enjoy it.