Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?

@Bashea I did turn down the music and BGM but they still sounded like their mic was in a microwave.

@Plazza7020 Oh boi 😥 It'll probably be better in OBT. I didn't try it myself.

@Plazza7020 said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

@Bashea I did turn down the music and BGM but they still sounded like their mic was in a microwave.

Perhaps integrating a feature (that you can toggle) to fade out the background audio while someone talks would help.

@Bashea said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

@Plazza7020 Oh boi 😥 It'll probably be better in OBT. I didn't try it myself.

Hopefully it does get better!

I went and grabbed a chat pad for the controller on monday after beta.

I'm looking around for a good chat device to use with the xbox to try out next time.. i have a few for my other devices that I will see if they work first before buying any but if anyone has recommendations on which is the best headset for xbox. I seen some with an easy access button feature that attaches to the controller which lets you mute and adjust the volume i think.

If you play on Xbox an don’t wanna hear people just make a Xbox live party an it won’t play game chat but still have the game sound (at least it does for my other games)

@FluffyShinobi said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

If you play on Xbox an don’t wanna hear people just make a Xbox live party an it won’t play game chat but still have the game sound (at least it does for my other games)

This is a good idea, but we will definitely need a feature for players who don't want to hear anyone else.

@Rzarcasm said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

This is a good idea, but we will definitely need a feature for players who don't want to hear anyone else.

Especially with it coming to the west. The west has far more players willing to use voice chat over text chat because people just want to be able to swear/etc. and express themselves easier without being censored, which is exactly the problem, and why we need a feature to turn off voice chat. Some streaming services won't allow vulgar language / certain types of jokes / etc.

Not everyone is as popular as the game grumps after all.

My only problem with voice chat is well, family can be loud. I really would like there to be a "push to talk" like there was in the old game. Unless this feature is in there and I missed it somehow?

@Policroma-Sol said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

My only problem with voice chat is well, family can be loud. I really would like there to be a "push to talk" like there was in the old game. Unless this feature is in there and I missed it somehow?

I don't think so, that would be a great feature for the voice chat.

@coldreactive there is an option in the settings to disable voice chat (I believe it's in the "general" settings all the way at the bottom; found it last night.) My problem is that I want to use voice chat and haven't seemed to experience it working yet >.<. My friends and I usually just make xbox parties, but when teaming up with randoms, I'd rather be able to discuss plans and such (no keyboard atm as I'm traveling for work.) Will probably buy the controller chat pad soon, but until then... :s

@oldColdReactive said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

Are you all sure this is actually an in-game feature and not Xbox integration like PS3/4 does?

This feature is in the game, and only works when you are in a party with others.

PSU did the same thing and the PC version didn't have voice chat. Though if they release the game for Windows 10 exclusively, it's definitely going to be the same UWP app. It's at least a roughly 70% chance.

Does this work with Skype by any chance? Just wondering.

You can turn voice chat off if you dont wanna hear anyone its in the options

It's alright. That function will do alright with random people. Most people who have friends will likely use discord or something similar.

Most people do use discord but not all have that luxury. While alliances have their respective discord channels, some new players to the game would find it difficult to use the In-game voice-chat. That would be an issue and it's something that Sega needs to address. As far as me, I've learned to just use discord, but when I'm with people that aren't part of my alliance it becomes a problem.