Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?

I have joined multiple parties that show a speaker icon next to their names, but never heard anyone yet. Since the xbox didnt come with anything to try it with mine was a speaker that was crossed out. I think I saw someone with no speaker icon.

I wasn't sure if because I didn't have a mic that maybe I couldn't hear anyone or if maybe no one was talking. Or maybe they were using xbox party chat.

Was wondering how good the ingsme voice chat sounded :x

I joined a party that had two people speaking and it sounded great at first. I was in the desert with the default audio settings. I stayed with the party for one to two hours and we did a Tundra exploration. I couldn't hear them due to the music and the voice quality dropped.

The voice chat is def crisp and clear when it works, but the issue I ran into was the voice feature just kinda...stopping working. It seems like they might still be working it out, since its a new feature that wasn't in PSO2JP. I imagine this was probably the first major test of it.

Its a little wonky for now, but its a great add for teams.

That's great that it is at least kinda working haha. I just can't imaging having to add every single person on xbox to voice chat if needed, but luckily we always have the classy keyboard 🙂

I didn't get a chance to try it, but PSO2 also supports keyboard and mouse play. Given that I've been playing PSO2JP on keyboard and mouse for too many years to count, its definitely worth a shot if you havent tried it. Once the full game is out, I'll be running that build fulltime.

But yes, for this game, a keyboard is super important. It was important enough for the dreamcast original PSO that they even made special controllers just for it, back when MMOs on console were just getting started. History lesson for the day! 😛

Also, if you're having trouble with voice chat, you can always use xbox group chat for you and your team or party. Its a real good option in case you're having trouble with voice chat like I was earlier!

@MachineQueen Wish I knew that before I struggled with the controller.

Is there a way to turn voice chat audio to 0 volume or to permanently disable the in-game voice chat feature? I'd rather not listen to people talking in voice chat while playing the game.

@oldColdReactive No there isn't a way to set audio chat to 0. When I was looking to hear my party friends better there was only the options for BGM, Sound Effects, In-game voices, and the music.

Then I'm going to have to mute the game entirely, because unlike in JP, more people in the west are willing to use the feature, which could cause problems since a lot more people in north america like to swear for no reason.

@oldColdReactive said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

Is there a way to turn voice chat audio to 0 volume or to permanently disable the in-game voice chat feature? I'd rather not listen to people talking in voice chat while playing the game.

I used my stereo for sound 🎼 , never plugged in my headset, never heard any voices.

@Seedenator said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

I used my stereo for sound 🎼 , never plugged in my headset, never heard any voices.

I have bluetooth headphones, which Windows incorrectly labels as a headset (despite not having a microphone) but I put it in via the wire, so hopefully that will make Windows think it isn't a headset anymore. (It doesn't use the bluetooth / battery when plugged in via wire.)

In windows you can usually tell the OS "hey this is headset/speaker/stereo/surround system" I wasn't sure about Xbox, as I never change it.

I know if I am in an Xbox party, with headset, I only hear voice chat in headset, but through stereo if I unplug headset. (can't talk, obviously)

In games, people in Xbox party usually have mic icon crossed out, I never really tinker with party chat in game. When I do have headset plugged in voice chat comes through only headset.

Presumably you could listen through headphones plugged into stereo. (They do make blue tooth for that, though I prefer corded)

Are you all sure this is actually an in-game feature and not Xbox integration like PS3/4 does?

Are you all sure this is actually an in-game feature and not Xbox integration like PS3/4 does?

This feature is in the game, and only works when you are in a party with others.

@Plazza7020 said in Has anyone tried the ingame voice chat feature?:

I joined a party that had two people speaking and it sounded great at first. I was in the desert with the default audio settings. I stayed with the party for one to two hours and we did a Tundra exploration. I couldn't hear them due to the music and the voice quality dropped.

I always turn down the BGM a bit in the game settings when playing PSO2, it tends to get louder and louder (or feels that way) depending on the mission.