PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4

Episode brings with it a new introduction scene and an option to start the game at Episode 4 instead of Episode. I think it would be a great way to get people that we lost during the Microsoft Store fiasco back into the game and up to date on the current content storywise. Thoughts?

@Zarozian8175 said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

Episode brings with it a new introduction scene and an option to start the game at Episode 4 instead of Episode. I think it would be a great way to get people that we lost during the Microsoft Store fiasco back into the game and up to date on the current content storywise. Thoughts?

For the console i don't know but a release on steam is most likely not happening.

@Dracoco1214 said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

@Zarozian8175 said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

For the console i don't know but a release on steam is most likely not happening.

That's incorrect. They already confirmed Steam launch. It's a matter of when.

@Zarozion said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

@Dracoco1214 said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

It won't bother coming to the Switch in the West. As for Steam or PS4 probably gonna be waiting another 8-9 months. MS wouldn't have announced it as a big thing if it wasn't wrapped up for awhile. Much like FF7R being a year for Playstation.

@PhantasyStar369 said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

@Zarozion said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

It won't bother coming to the Switch in the West. As for Steam or PS4 probably gonna be waiting another 8-9 months. MS wouldn't have announced it as a big thing if it wasn't wrapped up for awhile. Much like FF7R being a year for Playstation.

Nah it will come for the Switch. Only a matter of time.

I don't think its will comme on PS4 or switch for now. They said maybe but not this years or any time soon. People miss understood something and tell what they think. Switch version will maybe come first maybe, because its just cloud gaming, but yeah, doN,t put your hope to hight on that. For now let's say PSO2 is PC/Xbox only for this years.

I guarantee, 100% that the steam version will require you to login to Xbox Live / a Microsoft account and when attempting to purchase a DLC item (Such as AC) a steam pop-up will appear (IE: the vertical rectangle window) and show the listing for the microsoft store after logging into it. You might be able to pay with steam wallet, but it'll still likely be the MS Store.

@coldreactive said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

I guarantee, 100% that the steam version will require you to login to Xbox Live / a Microsoft account and when attempting to purchase a DLC item (Such as AC) a steam pop-up will appear (IE: the vertical rectangle window) and show the listing for the microsoft store after logging into it. You might be able to pay with steam wallet, but it'll still likely be the MS Store.

That....will lead to more confusion and problems. It's more likely they will integrate Steam into PSO2 for the friends list like how they did with Xbox. I noticed that there's a tab for it which could mean they can add in more platforms for us to select between.

I don't see the steam not being account/link based when applying for it. I remember they did something similar to an older game because there was an exploit to getting beginners loot boxes.

Didn't Xbox allow Cuphead on switch or something? I don't think Xbox and Switch are competing anymore considering they have different sects now.

@Zarozian I don't know, they might still do that. Currently we are all playing the game using a Microsoft Account with no account above that in terms of hierarchy. If they want to have true cross play like in Japan they will need to create a SEGA ID to encompass MSFT/PSN/Nintendo or whatever else they might release on. At this point it would probably just be easier for them to make the Microsoft account the main account everyone has to login with even on other platforms. There could also be the possibility that we will be locked into whatever ecosystem we started playing on but lets hope that's not the case.

@Noctosis said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

Didn't Xbox allow Cuphead on switch or something? I don't think Xbox and Switch are competing anymore considering they have different sects now.

It has nothing to do with that. It's that PSO2 on Switch in Japan is played thru streaming. All Switch games that can be streamed are only in Japan.

@PhantasyStar369 From what I heard it's almost unplayable any wear outside Japan because of that cloud base. If it does get released, it will have to be overhauled big time.

@XLSilentNightXL said in PS4, Switch, and Steam launch should probably come with Episode 4:

@Zarozian I don't know, they might still do that. Currently we are all playing the game using a Microsoft Account with no account above that in terms of hierarchy. If they want to have true cross play like in Japan they will need to create a SEGA ID to encompass MSFT/PSN/Nintendo or whatever else they might release on. At this point it would probably just be easier for them to make the Microsoft account the main account everyone has to login with even on other platforms. There could also be the possibility that we will be locked into whatever ecosystem we started playing on but lets hope that's not the case.

Don't worry. It's very easy to get mutliple platforms on to PSO2 but holy crap. Needing to ask someone for their Xbox ID then going into another app and adding them is a huge pain in the ass.