My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no

So the title says it all mostly. I hit no when permissions popped up. Now the game wont even start. I click play on the microsoft store nothing. Xbox app nothing. EXE file nothing.What do?

Most people say they have to uninstall and re-install. The only other thing you can try is turn UAC off, restart PC and then return it to the setting it was on before and restart again (to see if that resets the UAC prompts).

@Ragnawind I did end up getting a repair and a reset in. So im hoping that fixes it. If not ill try a cold reinstall.

@Dr-Fritzelin said in My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no:

@Ragnawind I did end up getting a repair and a reset in. So im hoping that fixes it. If not ill try a cold reinstall.

Dont uninstall the uninstaller is glitched to hell, it wont uninstall the game, just act like its uninstalled and install garbage until your drive is at max capacity or your pc gets bricked

@SPLATULATED said in My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no:

@Dr-Fritzelin said in My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no:

Dont uninstall the uninstaller is glitched to hell, it wont uninstall the game, just act like its uninstalled and install garbage until your drive is at max capacity or your pc gets bricked

If their game has been working fine until they did this, their PC won't run into that problem. That only happens on PCs set up a certain way.

@Ragnawind said in My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no:

@SPLATULATED said in My stupid thumb hit enter on the permissions and I hit no:

If their game has been working fine until they did this, their PC won't run into that problem. That only happens on PCs set up a certain way.

Why risk it tho, nobody knows yet why some people can play a few days then not at all or why some cant even get it to launch or the exact reasons ubinstaller doesnt work

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. Hit no by mistake and then the game outright refused to launch. Clicking on the launcher, running it as admin, running repair tool, even restarting my pc didn't help. I'm pretty sure if you hit no before the launcher it corrupts it somehow.

Your only option right now is to pray a restore point will fix it, or wait for an official patch. Uninstalling it does not remove the files and if you reinstall it just creates more memory you can't delete.

only took 4 hours but i think im back up

@Dr-Fritzelin Cool, keep us posted.