How do I get Party Members and What is the Party Member Beacon?

I tried to get party members during the urgent quests but every time I tried, I always end up alone and if I tried to wait in the gateway ship the teleporter starts automatically so I'll most likely end up being by myself in an almost literal sense with no other teams joining me if I didn't open up the other blocks. So how do I wait for other players to join me when I start a mission?

@Guilrel said in How do I get Party Members and What is the Party Member Beacon?:

I tried to get party members during the urgent quests but every time I tried, I always end up alone and if I tried to wait in the gateway ship the teleporter starts automatically so I'll most likely end up being by myself in an almost literal sense with no other teams joining me if I didn't open up the other blocks. So how do I wait for other players to join me when I start a mission?

I wish I had seen this thread sooner for you, but for future reference you can goto the Quest Counter Attendant and find the option where you can join an active party that's already in a quest. If you are doing a random mission you would need a friend to join you or by any chance someone may join you.

Alternatively, you can start a quest that has Multi-Party areas and install a Party Maker by using the View button on your controller and selecting the Party Maker option. Note that you must be in that Multi-Party area, most likely Area 2 of the quest. For emergency quests you can drop these almost immediately.

View button for Xbox Controller:view_button_pso2.png

12.png

You can also change your Online Status through the same menu and search for party members publically above your name. Don't be afraid to speak out too! Youll find someone 🙂

@Rzarcasm

So that's how I get random people to join me? I have to find that option in that certain menu and try to find the Party Member beacon there too as well changing my online options in that menu. Since the game isn't out yet, are these options only in a certain menu tab or will I be able to find the Party Becaon choice or Online options immediately when I open up the menu?

@Guilrel said in How do I get Party Members and What is the Party Member Beacon?:

@Rzarcasm

So that's how I get random people to join me? I have to find that option in that certain menu and try to find the Party Member beacon there too as well changing my online options in that menu. Since the game isn't out yet, are these options only in a certain menu tab or will I be able to find the Party Becaon choice or Online options immediately when I open up the menu?

You'll be able to access the Party Beacon feature easily. That is the easiest way outside of communicating in a lobby that you are looking for others to run with. Communication is key here, and likely, other players are looking for others in the lobby too. Once the game is back up I will be able to give you specifics.

@Rzarcasm Okay, thank you. I hope to see your guide before I start playing again, which may be an hour before an urgent quest or sometime late in the day while I wait for my brothers to get ready.

@Rzarcasm Okay, thank you. I hope to see your guide before I start playing again, which may be an hour before an urgent quest or sometime late in the day while I wait for my brothers to get ready.

For sure! What ship are you on?

@Rzarcasm I'm in Ship 02 since I was forced into it by the Beta during the overcrowd time.

@Rzarcasm I'm in Ship 02 since I was forced into it by the Beta during the overcrowd time.

Oh! Darn, I am on Ship 1. I would have partied up with you. I will still post here for you though. 🙂

@Rzarcasm That's a shame, but I still appreciate you trying to help me out like this.

@Rzarcasm That's a shame, but I still appreciate you trying to help me out like this.

I'm on ship 2 as well. Although, we may need to find things out together. I'm a veteran of PSO, but a n00b of PSO2! 🙂

Here's hoping that you'll be able to figure out on how to get random people to join a party soon. It's pretty hard to join someone else's group when they ended up starting the quest sooner than you think or fill up as before you could even select it.