About the story

I do hope we get to one day do more than spam dialogues in a menu with a few battles very far in between. The story is nice,yeah. But I'd like to go places and work a little bit for it.. This is one thing that WoW and FFXIV definitely has done leagues better.

Wait till you see Episode 4..

So..I assume it will never get better? No spoilers,please.

@Morgothryuzaki said in About the story:

I do hope we get to one day do more than spam dialogues in a menu with a few battles very far in between. The story is nice,yeah. But I'd like to go places and work a little bit for it.. This is one thing that WoW and FFXIV definitely has done leagues better.

That's probably due to the fact that it is an instancied MMO, then again MMO like SWTOR exist which disprove my point entirely by being instancied with actual lore.

@Dracoco1214 I mean,that's fair. I don't necessarily mean that I want PSO2 to be like any of those. I think they could keep the same take a mission format,like they did in Phantasy Star Portable or PSU.

@Morgothryuzaki I do agree that PSU nailed it perfectly, PSO2 did it that way certainly due to ressources problems

@Dracoco1214 I mean,I'll play the way it is of course. Its still Phantasy Star in the end and its still fun as hell to play. I just cannot help but look at these games I mentionned from the serie's past and be like.. Damn I miss this formula.

@Morgothryuzaki Honestly that's fair and i feel this.

You are exploring and unlocking areas outside of story, otherwise you can't advance in the story, so yeah, you have to mix it all together, not take the story mode as a stand alone.

The original story mode mixed online partying and recollection requisites in a way a lot of people didn't like, it had long action story missions for each chapter, some of them with branching paths, I don't remember anyone not liking those so I really don't know why they removed them in the omnibus version.

@landman Ah so its why I had a feeling that those dialogue options were hiding something removed...

The current dialogue options are only different answers, that part was the same long ago in JP, but the original quests you had to go to objective A, then keep unlocking scenes finding drops, then a new path opened, or maybe go back to an episode 1 mission in the middle of episode 2 because time travel and new paths open.

I really liked how PSO2 offered a "Quest Tree" system. I kind of miss it. I believe the BINGO Card system repurposed some of that system's assets.

Hmmm,I kinda like how it used to be then.But that is solely on paper with the theory to go on. I'd need to try it first hand to fully understand I guess..

@Dracoco1214 said in About the story:

@Morgothryuzaki I do agree that PSU nailed it perfectly, PSO2 did it that way certainly due to ressources problems

It's mainly because the game is designed to be played on a lot of platforms, including the Vita.

However, they finally ended Vita support, which means they should start being able to improve a lot more.

@Ephemiel Hey,I liked my Vita lol. But yeah I get it,I guess that it would be a lot of work to make it fit on a Vita.. That is a valid point for sure.