When using A.I characters, what do you look for?

Are you searching for a plucky bouncer, a rugged braver, or something else? What do you all prefer?

Depends on what your running. Back on jp server as my friends list is not as built up take what you need to help. Say if i was running a braver before the nerf back then. I would take a friends AI that had weak bullet and wreck bosses. Sure they were random when they used it but god was it helpful. Or if i need a meat shield a character with stats i know built around it. also always take friends ai that have a lot of heals cause they can be helpful when trying to solo a harder boss.j Sure its random but it can come in handy.

Since I have Partner Behavior set to "Do Nothing," I just want bodies to get me more EXP with the Party Bonus.

Didn't know you could change it to do nothing.

@DezDarkly said in When using A.I characters, what do you look for?:

yea though that should only be used while in open field mainly i case you get the catfish spawn. cause lord knows how many times ai whacks him

@DezDarkly said in When using A.I characters, what do you look for?:

I'm wondering about this. Since AI Partners you add to your party cannot have their settings changed:

alt text

And I don't want to change my friend partner card to "Do Nothing" for other people to use and have them find out my character is doing nothing.

@DezDarkly Int the Quick Menu, the "Instructions for Allies" allows you to change NPC behavior, like whether or not they participate in combat and if they use their Photon Blast as soon as they get it ot if they wait until you use yours (to chain).

@AndrlCh said in When using A.I characters, what do you look for?:

@DezDarkly Int the Quick Menu, the "Instructions for Allies" allows you to change NPC behavior, like whether or not they participate in combat and if they use their Photon Blast as soon as they get it ot if they wait until you use yours (to chain).

This really needs to be in the party commands sub-menu too.

That is amazing knowledge thank you.

@DezDarkly And mind, it only effects the NPCs you summon; your personal Friend Avatar will still work as intended for other people.

@DezDarkly And mind, it only effects the NPCs you summon; your personal Friend Avatar will still work as intended for other people.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for non-player partners:

alt text

@coldreactive It doesn't work in the Gateway Ship, but it will once you are in the field.

@coldreactive It doesn't work in the Gateway Ship, but it will once you are in the field.

Considering their AI still functions in the Gateway Ship (IE: Barbara still buffs me) it would be nice if it would work.

@coldreactive Yeah, it's just one of those things that they overlooked.