My MAG Is Lv. 200; Now What?

I use a (75 MEL 75 TEC and 50 DEX) Mag don't see any problem with it.

@animeregion said in My MAG Is Lv. 200; Now What?:

The problem has already been explained by like three people in this thread.

1. You are reducing your effectiveness

2. Later on high tier weapons/armor will have very high stat requirements to equip and you will need your mag to be single statted, in fact you may very well be unable to equip the best *14 and *15 gear with a mag like that.

3. Classes that benefit from Multiple stats, such as bouncer/braver/phantom have a skill that transforms all of their Mag´s dex into the other stats, which means if your mag has 200 DEX it also gets 200 of each useful stat for free, as if they equipped 3 mags.

There is absolutely no reason to have a mix-stat mag and it´s really bad and gimping in the long run.

@IfrianMMO said in My MAG Is Lv. 200; Now What?:

The problem has already been explained by like three people in this thread.

1. You are reducing your effectiveness

2. Later on high tier weapons/armor will have very high stat requirements to equip and you will need your mag to be single statted, in fact you may very well be unable to equip the best *14 and *15 gear with a mag like that.

3. Classes that benefit from Multiple stats, such as bouncer/braver/phantom have a skill that transforms all of their Mag´s dex into the other stats, which means if your mag has 200 DEX it also gets 200 of each useful stat for free, as if they equipped 3 mags.

There is absolutely no reason to have a mix-stat mag and it´s really bad and gimping in the long run.

1. Not really reducing my effectiveness.

2. Even with a mixed stat mag you can still equip 14 and 15 star weapons.

3. So your saying a pure DEX mag is the best in game then, but I been playing with this (75 MEL 75 TEC and 50 DEX) mag for 8 years and I don't see any part of it reducing my effectiveness to play this game on how I want.

@animeregion The problem is that regardless of your class, you're going to have wasted stats on your mag.

Bouncer would benefit most from that stat selection, as it uses MEL, TEC, and DEX. If you are using Soaring Blades, MEL and DEX will help. TEC will not. If you have a full DEX mag, this translates into both stats equally. There is also a class point that can be spent in an ability that swaps TEC for MEL on Jet Boots.

However, if you are playing say... Hunter. You have 125 wasted points, as Hunter doesn't use TEC or DEX to a meaningful extent.

There is no way to tell if this is reducing your effectiveness from your perspective, as you have been doing this for so long. If you tried a pure stat mag, however, I'm sure you'd notice a sizeable bump to the amount of damage you're doing. It might surprise you.

Seems no one is open minded on the NA guess I'll just go back to PSO2 JP servers.

@animeregion You are free to do what you want, I think the main point is if you want to min-max your character, most of the time you'll need dedicated mags for each class. Don't leave us!!! I'm assuming you're on ship 2 if you've played JP as well.

@animeregion

• [1] If you are happy with your damage and output good for you, play how you want to play.
  • [2] You are right, play how you want to play.
  • [3] No one is saying DEX is the best mag, that couldnt be further from the truth, what they are saying is pick the best mag for the job. Your mag, while not optimal is okay for a freemium mag on a character that you have no plans on playing alts and are not going to buy a new mag, and want to still play every class. You are fine, play how you want to play. However pure mags still do win out in the end. This isn't opinion this is math.
  • [4] I don't know why you played the victim card in the end. People were just sharing their knowledge. However, if that is how you feel, play how you want to play and find your happiness. I wish you said happiness in the future.

HAHAHAHAHA God this was painful.

1. Not really reducing my effectiveness.

You are literally reducing your effectiveness

Having an unfocused mag means that whichever class you are playing is missing around 125 stat points on their relevant damage stat and a whooping 150 DEX if you use a DEX benefitting class.

Just to put an example, if you played a Braver with that mag, you would be missing:

-150 Ranged ATK

-75 Melee ATK

-150 DEX

(Braver Mag skill would give you extra 50 Melee ATK and 50 Ranged ATK, plus the 50 DEX whereas a full DEX mag would give you 200 melee 200 Ranged and 200 Dex due to said Braver Mag skill)

And that is just an example with one class, it´s even worse with many others.

You say you are not reducing your effectiveness?

Someone with an identical character to your own, with the very same gear, skill sets and loadout, would be doing a sizeable amount of damage more than you, and depending on which class he would be outperforming you in every aspect.

There is a reason why every single min-maxer and endgame player uses a full focused mag and simply has a few MAG that are focused on a different stat each, depending on the job they want to perform.

Because it is literally, objectively and absolutely the better choice.

Numbers do not care about your feelings.

With that being said, you are free to do whatever you want, no-one will come to your home and put a gun on your temple and force you to respec the MAG or else, and you can beat every content the game without being 100% perfect stat optimized anyway.

But do not come here to argue that having less effective stats is just as good as having more effective stats because it´s literally absurd not only in terms of PSO2 but in any term, 10 is not equal to 20

Basically a full dex mag is good on braver/bouncer/phantom(unreleased class) because it convert the dex on the mag into multiple offensive stats with passive skills in the skill tree of those classes basically.