If I got premium today, would it be foolish to try and grind out the mission pass?

So I finally have the PC version in a functional and non-self-destructive state (hoowah!) and I was holding out on getting a premium sub until this was the case. If I were to get premium today (which I wanted to do anyway), could I manage to grind out the mission pass before it resets? I really want mission badges more than anything so I can exchange them for some stuff I really want.

And I guess another question. I’m currently only level 24-25 at the moment. I’m not sure if I’m required to do a lot of leveling to progress the mission pass, but I do and it’s impossible for me to grind it out either because of that or because of the timeframe I’d have... Should I just wait to get the subscription until the mission pass resets? I want to get this one month thing to test the waters and I just wanna make sure I fully benefit from it.

Oh jeez, and one more question: Are the items available for mission badges going to change once the current pass changes, or will I be safe if the mission pass changes while I’m saving up badges?

Premium and the Gold Mission Pass are two different things.

Getting premium does not give access to the Gold tier of the mission pass, you have to purchase that separatedly with 200 SG.

If you REALLY want the max it out, I guess you could always complete the story for all the SG bonuses, buy the Gold Mission Pass and use SG to skip as many levels as you can, then grind out whatever mission objectives you're able to do

@IfrianMMO said in If I got premium today, would it be foolish to try and grind out the mission pass?:

Getting premium does not give access to the Gold tier of the mission pass

Only if you get premium tickets directly. If you get them from the AC Shop via the "Premium Set (## Days) Pack" then you also get a mission pass gold ticket:

alt text

Using the gold pass ticket again when you already have it is effectively the same as throwing it away. (One gold mission pass goes for the entire season. No matter how long it lasts.)

@coldreactive said in If I got premium today, would it be foolish to try and grind out the mission pass?:

@IfrianMMO said in If I got premium today, would it be foolish to try and grind out the mission pass?:

Only if you get premium tickets directly. If you get them from the AC Shop via the "Premium Set" then you also get a mission pass gold ticket:

alt text

Using the gold pass ticket again when you already have it is effectively the same as throwing it away.

Oh wow that´s something i completely missed, thanks for correcting me and giving more info to the new player.

@coldreactive Thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping I had the right info and didn’t sound dumb, haha.

It seems like it’d be really tough to grind out the pass from what I’m seeing. Working every day and only having a few hours a night before I go to sleep might not benefit me if I wanted to rush it.

Now the question is, if I get premium now, would I have enough time to complete the mission pass once this one ends? Since I’d have ~21 days left to do it.

I just wanna make sure I’m planning this stuff out the best I can since this wasn’t really a thing on the JP server (at least not when I played a while back).

@Bippzy The Mission Pass Gold Ticket only applies to the current "Season" when it i used, but since it is a separate Ticket from the Premium Set, you can just hold on to it until the next Mission Pass Season starts and then use it.

@AndrlCh That would imply me having to get a separate gold pass though, correct? I only have ~30 SG at the moment and I don’t know how quickly I can slam out the story for the SG stuff. Although I suppose I would have time to get enough SG while I have premium...

From the start of a new season I find it takes me two and a half weeks to grind out my pass all the way to tier 35 (without sg). If I can't make it that season I don't bother using the gold pass.

@DezDarkly How active of a player are you on a daily basis? I can put in a good few hours on weekends but I may only have a couple hours a day during weekdays due to work (today is a day off thankfully though).

@Bippzy You get a Gold Pass with Premium, but it is a separate Ticket to use, and it does not automatically activate when you use your Premium Ticket, so you can use your Premium immediately, and just hold on to the Gold Ticket that came with it until the next Mission Pass starts in 8 days.

Every month of premium grants a mission pass

@Bippzy I may play anywhere from 1 to 4 hours a day.

@AndrlCh Okay, I understand now. I was confused as to whether simply having premium allowed access to the gold mission tiers or if I had to activate it with the ticket. Thank you!

@DezDarkly Okay, thanks for that info. So I’m not totally doomed with the hours I can play! Woo!

@coldreactive said in If I got premium today, would it be foolish to try and grind out the mission pass?:

Only if you get premium tickets directly. If you get them from the AC Shop via the "Premium Set (## Days) Pack" then you also get a mission pass gold ticket:

alt text

Using the gold pass ticket again when you already have it is effectively the same as throwing it away. (One gold mission pass goes for the entire season. No matter how long it lasts.)

OMG... 389.95?!?!? What are we gonna have a race?! I'm at 310 right now