Summoner pet damage--what does it scale off of?

In the summoner tree, the nodes by the bottom don't specify and don't seem to add damage to the pets, but guides are all using it.

As well, the fighter sublass, people are investing in a lot of physical damage stuff, does my pet gain benefits from them?

By default, Summoner pets scale on TEC Power. There are two stances that let you switch between Shot (RNG) and Strike (MEL):

alt text

@coldreactive kk-- So, having my Mag go full Tech is beneficial. Does the Tech my armor gives me, through it's passives, also raise pet damage?

And the specific node that wasn't seeming to reflect onto my pet stats is called "Total Attack Mega-Up". As well, "Total Defense/Dexterity Mega-Up".

• Why are people investing in this skill if it doesn't reflect onto the pet's stats? Like, before spending the point, and after, my pets damage/defenses stay the same.

@PhantasyManAGO Pet damage is calculated using both the Pet's TEC-Pwr and your own TEC-Pwr (not including the TEC-Pwr from your Harmonizer).

@AndrlCh

So, Tech from armor won't raise it's damage as well? Just to confirm.

@PhantasyManAGO Yes, it will. Your TEC-Pwr (or MEL-Pwr/RNG-Pwr if you are using Switch Strike/Switch Shot) that is used in the calculations includes your Base Stats, your Class Stats, your Mag, any Stat-Up Skills from your Tree, Bonus Stats from Units, and Augements on Units. The only source of Pwr that isn't used is from your Harmonizer.

@AndrlCh Gotcha. One last question regarding the skill tree then, and stats.

The skill node, at the bottom of the summoner tree, "Total Attack Mega-Up", it looks like it doesn't increase the pet's dmg, at least in the pet's stats menu. But does it still get calculated into the pet? It sounds like it should/will?

@PhantasyManAGO said in Summoner pet damage--what does it scale off of?:

@AndrlCh Gotcha. One last question regarding the skill tree then, and stats.

The skill node, at the bottom of the summoner tree, "Total Attack Mega-Up", it looks like it doesn't increase the pet's dmg, at least in the pet's stats menu. But does it still get calculated into the pet? It sounds like it should/will?

As AndrlCh said, "Pet damage is calculated using both the Pet's TEC-Pwr and your own TEC-Pwr"

meaning, your pet actually doesn't increase its TEC Pwr based on your stats, skills or equipment. The Pet's stats are completely separate from yours.

@coldreactive

So, if I'm understanding this correct,the stats do not reflect my PWR that's increased by "Total Attack Mega-Up", BUT, it's damage does increase.

Is that right? Just making sure "Total Attack Mega-Up" is a good investment.

Basically the damage values for you (including the mega up you're specifically referencing, since it adds to YOUR TEC Power) and your pet (which includes any and all sweets you've added to increase their TEC Power) are added together, to... put it simply.

So is it best to stack TEC PWR on equipment as well as full TEC PWR for my mag?

@AndrlCh Awesome THANKS. Was worried I had screwed up LOL!