Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@MisterJaySnek said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@AgentRedStar said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

There has never been any UQ that, as a pug group, I failed in.

You're lucky. I've timed out more than once in a group full of mouthbreathers on SH Luther.

SH luther is broken, this is pretty well known. it has something like 3* the difficulty of XH luther for some reason... I've never failed any UQ and I've never done SH luther, only XH.

edit: scratch that, reading through the topic I forgot about one fight. Always have Gold Magatsu retreating because even though I tell people to aim for the weak spots (head shoulder knees abdomens only where the masks aren't broken) it fails every time , but there's still loot so.... :')

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I don't know why, but when you got to the head, shoulders, and knees part, I kept thinking, knees and toes, knees and toes..

Seems I was brainwashed in my youth, lmao.

@Anarchy-Marine i rem when maga first came in jp i saw the thingies on his knees saw how tall he was and i thought the same knees and toes only to find i ddid like 10 dmg to his toes. made a surprised pikachu face.

@dragonelete Lol. Well the toes aren't an obvious week spot like the knees are, so I never attacked those, it's just a bad habit I have every time someone says head shoulders, and knees in a sentence, either spoken, or written.

@JuggernautGTX said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Cathy said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I'm not even talking about affixing. Just grind it to +30 and each unit to +10. That's the bare minimum you can do.

@Kwars01 said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

tbh the grinding system in this game is trash fuck you bud, i aint doing shit for the likes of you.

thats the answer to your question that you can expect from a player who spends most of his time being dead on the ground

@AgentRedStar said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Cathy Yeah? That sounds fun. Maybe in future update this matching making system might matter but right now, as the NA gamer version is, there is no need to worry about who joins your groups. Every player can kill magatsu all 5 times by joining a random pug group, defeat elder, profound, and apprentice. Yamato is a joke also. I mean I've never failed any mission on this game and I have over 1000 hours game time. Because of that, this thread, is amusing to me.

good that everything is a joke for you....but i rather have geared people doing lv 85 ultimate bosses than some trash people with a +2 sigma bazooka spamming auto attacks....not too much to ask to get geared for at least ultimates - if you do 0 dps and spend most of your time dead on ground then youre not supposed to be doing a quest you are in...as simple as that

Is this what one would call a gate keeper?

Haha so anyway UQ's are fun

In all seriousness I keep seeing phrasing like 'grinf out your gear to +30,' I've done all of Juan's quests but it's been months, and I've been using the same weapon for ages and it doesn't just gain levels. Do you go to one of the shopping plaza vendors to upgrade gear? Do you need other weapons of similar value to increase? Thanks

@IceHedge said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@JuggernautGTX said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Cathy said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I'm not even talking about affixing. Just grind it to +30 and each unit to +10. That's the bare minimum you can do.

@Kwars01 said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

tbh the grinding system in this game is trash fuck you bud, i aint doing shit for the likes of you.

thats the answer to your question that you can expect from a player who spends most of his time being dead on the ground

@Cathy Yeah? That sounds fun. Maybe in future update this matching making system might matter but right now, as the NA gamer version is, there is no need to worry about who joins your groups. Every player can kill magatsu all 5 times by joining a random pug group, defeat elder, profound, and apprentice. Yamato is a joke also. I mean I've never failed any mission on this game and I have over 1000 hours game time. Because of that, this thread, is amusing to me.

good that everything is a joke for you....but i rather have geared people doing lv 85 ultimate bosses than some trash people with a +2 sigma bazooka spamming auto attacks....not too much to ask to get geared for at least ultimates - if you do 0 dps and spend most of your time dead on ground then youre not supposed to be doing a quest you are in...as simple as that

Is this what one would call a gate keeper?

Haha so anyway UQ's are fun

In all seriousness I keep seeing phrasing like 'grinf out your gear to +30,' I've done all of Juan's quests but it's been months, and I've been using the same weapon for ages and it doesn't just gain levels. Do you go to one of the shopping plaza vendors to upgrade gear? Do you need other weapons of similar value to increase? Thanks

Well the collection sheet now gives decent 13 star +30 weapons. I would aim for that.

As for upgrading weapons/units you go to the person next to the pet vendor. It will either be a girl or a guy. It'll give you an option to upgrade along with other things. For weapons you need to feed other weapons to it to hit +30. After +30 you need to feed it the same exact weapon. That or use class specific badges for a materiel that does it instead. Units you just need grinders and they only go up to 10.

I really feel like this topic should ONLY apply to XH. SH isnt that bad. its pretty easilly doable with the gear some folk come into XH with. the jump from SH to XH is WAY more significant than the jump from VH to SH. tbh if youre struggling with SH, maybe you should upgrade your gear too. hell with good enough gear for XH you should be able to solo (Non boss) UQ's on SH fairly easily. you can most CERTAINLY solo SH expeditions and stuff with gear thats good enough for XP.

@N00bie666 If I remember, the initial post (back in June 1 2020) was made when some parts of SH were relevant. Chiefly when some urgent bosses like the first Luther and Elder had more HP and could hit harder on SH than on XH. Right now, at least from my experience, most deaths in XH urgents happen on the initial days when people are not adjusted to mechanics. But that trend dies down by the week, when you see hardly any deaths and the urgents are cleared promptly.

Then again, EP6 (and Ultra Hard difficulty) may make threads like these significant again, because of the upgraded HP and damage stats the new enemies will come with.

Mhm we'll be getting a new difficulty and as always more urgents. I'm expecting more posts like this as well as all the "Trash Phantoms Incoming" complaint threads.

Though posts like this helped me out a lot discovering my skill tree was trash lol. So they have their uses.