Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I'm sure someone will be grateful for your aggressive campaign to mold new players into elite arks, but personally I enjoy it a lot more if people just do whatever.

Ok cya in block 1 where ya recruit "fun players who i can carry through content" if you are the 0,1% who has fun doing that then why not

I am sure someone will be grateful for your aggressive campain to mold new players into lazy afk arks, but personally i enjoy it alot more if people just play the game without being a burden to others.

Actually, you can do SH or XH UQs with 10* gear just fine as long as you;

A) Most importantly, know what to do and when to do it, using the correct PAs etc. If your getting constantly K/Od then perhaps it's time to play a lower difficulty until you've adjusted, either by gear or by practice and usually, it's practice thats the problem for most people.

B) You skill tree is responsibly spec'd for your class. Far too many perfect guides, elitist skill trees and cookie cutter builds, worse are the players that 'insist' you 'must' use a specific build to be viable, whilst I'll agree that your skill points are very important - this level of perfection is unwarranted, and has been a constant source of noxious elements on the JP server.

C) Your mag is fed properly for your class, making pure mags isn't that hard and will help immensely. Tech and Ranged mags are especially easy to make, Melee is slightly more complicated but still - not really hard at all.

9/10 times a SH UQ fails like, for example Luther is because people don't know the fight, don't know the weak points. Each raid boss all have specific phases and specific attacks, sometimes knowing when to pull back and prepare for a big attack rather than going full on attack is the wise action.

The problem is that so many people, like myself that played on the JP servers know the fights, know how to react and unfortunately more than a few have become jaded and even bordering on elitist with these fights, that some players have become downright hostile against new players who haven't played PUSO before.

So instead of saying Don't join SH or XH UQ content isn't helping anyone, it's better to say is your skill level ready for higher level content? Can you effectively dodge? Can you attack weakpoints effectively? Gear helps tremendously, but the entry gear for these UQs isn't as high as your making it out to be, sure if everyone in the raid had +35 Nemesis and BIS perfectly slotted units...you could probably beat the boss in 2 minutes but then, if you had everything BIS why would you be doing the current raid UQs anyway?

Right now, content wise we're in total easy-mode, I think people need to relax a little and be constructive, help out new players - show them the tricks, if you've got explanation symbol art for Magatsu for example, share it - trust me, it'll help and people learn quickly and if someone isn't geared, then fight a little harder to pick up the slack for them as I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

@JuggernautGTX Uhh.... I'm not carrying anything, i just understand that if i join a pug, I'll get mixed results.

Especially considering current content is entirely optional too. I'll look forward to the wave of users complaining about how their PD took 3 minutes longer than they expected and how their precious triboosts ran out, or how they might even have failed.

@Amari-Kigu I don't think you can really label a skill tree as elitist. I agree with you that we should try to help newer players get to recommended levels of play, but I am curious what alternative skill tree one should recommend if you find these unacceptable? I think striving to have a 'best' skill tree is fine, and what may be a good option in your perspective would be one where they also give other options they can take in place of any 'skill' so that they at least understand the pro's and con's between any skill so they at least have knowledge to weigh upon their decision. For example, I see Iron Will being recommended to hunters, but I never take it simply because it's 75% chance of proccing, and I would prefer consistency. Yet they also give different builds either way (without iron will) so, my suggestion is kind of already done with some guides, I'm not sure about others. I also think we shouldn't be elitist, yet at the same time, this is a two-way street. This is all about respect. I do have an idea, which would be a recommended minimum requirement for weapons / gear for each difficulty. I don't have that in mind, but I would think this would all be based on math, and that would help newer players be aware of which difficulty they would comfortably fit in.

I play with my cousins from time to time wo are 13, 10 and 7 yrsold, they are extremely casual players, they hav messed skill trees but they always hav up to par gear for their level and they do dmg in the millions and rarely die, in fact i never failed a quest with then, not even the infamous SH luther so i talk from real experience when i say this whole tread is not about casual players "disrespecting" pros lol, is more about clumsy ppl who think their triboost running out is everyones fault but then, like if every player is there just to support their farm and not to play and have fun.

Cant believe those ridicule lies about players using non-class weapons and doing 10k dmg on UQs still so popular (i admit it still amuses me), if u see someone trolling UQs and it annoys u, report him, if u cant see the difference betwen a troll and a real player but still feel entitled to ur tears u r part of the problem.

The fact that certain ppl want to clear everything as fast as posible, cuz actually playing the game is horrifying to then, is the actual problem here, be honest pls; the guy who said something like "those who are worse at playing the game are the loudest complaining" was on the right track...

@Ranmaru said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Amari-Kigu I don't think you can really label a skill tree as elitist. I agree with you that we should try to help newer players get to recommended levels of play, but I am curious what alternative skill tree one should recommend if you find these unacceptable? I think striving to have a 'best' skill tree is fine, and what may be a good option in your perspective would be one where they also give other options they can take in place of any 'skill' so that they at least understand the pro's and con's between any skill so they at least have knowledge to weigh upon their decision. For example, I see Iron Will being recommended to hunters, but I never take it simply because it's 75% chance of proccing, and I would prefer consistency. Yet they also give different builds either way (without iron will) so, my suggestion is kind of already done with some guides, I'm not sure about others. I also think we shouldn't be elitist, yet at the same time, this is a two-way street. This is all about respect. I do have an idea, which would be a recommended minimum requirement for weapons / gear for each difficulty. I don't have that in mind, but I would think this would all be based on math, and that would help newer players be aware of which difficulty they would comfortably fit in.

'Best' skill tree is a very subjective subject though that's why you find dozens, if not hundreds of tweaked trees that claim to be the best. So many 'best' skill trees, when your standard cookie cutter builds are just fine for most players - heck, you could build your own skill tree tied to your own gameplay style if you read the skill labels close enough.

And as you said about Iron Will, I never take it because I play Hunter aggressively and rarely take a big hit that would KO me in a single hit, and the 75% proc rate isn't good enough for my playstyle, and thats the keyword 'playstyle' here, people have to make builds based on how they play the game, not by how other people are telling them they should but yeah, your post is great and I recommend it.

Dear SEGA,

Please cap Super Hard UQ monsters and bosses to be level 70, just like the JP server, so as to fix the broken monster stats. (They shouldn’t be level 75.)

Thank you.

@Amari-Kigu I do agree it can be subjective. It may be better to call them 'standard' with reasoning why they believe that is the case, and how it applies to a variety of classes. Regardless, I can say these trees are at least good, and as long as they have reasoning, math and data points to show why they would recommend it over other skills, is important to educate ourselves in our own decision of a skill tree. This way we stray from the 'standard' due to our own knowledge and experience, and not willy nilly. Yet at the same time, I think it's also important we have discussions like the one we are having. I respect that you also choose not to take Iron Will. Finally, I believe it's important people do try to sell us on a 'standard' because, we really can't mess these trees up, we don't have skill reset passes. We can only buy more. I like that Guard Stance has slightly more damage than Fury Stance, but with less skill point investment. Thank you, and I think your post was great too, I enjoyed the discussion. Feel free to talk to me via DM or discord, as I enjoy theorizing about PSO2.

I think in the end, the discussion boils down to whether people have a moral obligation to do their best or not.

I started playing MMO in the 90´s, when doing your best and not wasting other people´s times was a part of what was known as the "Netiquette" and slacking or dragging others down was seen as extremely negative and frowned upon.

Now of course, i do understand that the cost of the internet (no DSL or broadband deals) and the difficulty/grind of older MMORPG coupled with how punishing they were on death (You could lose entire weeks of exp in a single failure) made this more demanding and expecting social netiquette a necessity more than it was a moral requirement, as the stakes were much higher back then.

But i personally feel that when you share in other people´s time (in general, be it a game, a sport, a job or a group project) you owe it to everyone to do your best by default, because everyone doing their best tends to result in higher chances of success and reward.

And all games, activities and jobs do have an established and standard goal to be achieved by the group.

So i feel it is only natural to achieve and help fulfill the objective that you have signed up for.

OP has a valid point, and I dunno why some ppl here trying to counter it by bringing in something like my (insert a single digit number) * weapon beat other ppl with proper gear. This is not a statement, this is bias. You are not going to do better than those with same level of experience as you and having better gears, and you should never assume people who is having better gear is going to be less experienced.

I play my game the way I want is not an excuse for not contributing in a coop game. Specially when it takes less than an hour to prepare the set OP mentioned. unfortunately this game does not have match making system nor punish players who is not contributing (imagine people are queued. based on their average contribution points from their previous matches...how toxic the community is gonna be...), it is really up to the individual decide if the person want to be toxic or not.

@coldreactive You can get them from rappy's and rare spawns. AQ's are a good way to get them. Also take note that this will only drop Rising 2's but you can exchange rising 2's for rising 1's in a two for one ratio.

@Ash-Lv1 said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

OP has a valid point, and I dunno why some ppl here trying to counter it by bringing in something like my (insert a single digit number) * weapon beat other ppl with proper gear. This is not a statement, this is bias. You are not going to do better than those with same level of experience as you and having better gears, and you should never assume people who is having better gear is going to be less experienced.

I play my game the way I want is not an excuse for not contributing in a coop game. Specially when it takes less than an hour to prepare the set OP mentioned. unfortunately this game does not have match making system nor punish players who is not contributing (imagine people are queued. based on their average contribution points from their previous matches...how toxic the community is gonna be...), it is really up to the individual decide if the person want to be toxic or not.

Because people get butthurt when you tell them they're bad or that they need to adjust, or just giving them criticism. For some reason, NA players cannot take criticism from people who have played PSO2 for years. The community is already toxic, just look at Reddit/Twitter/Discords/etc, NA people heavily dislike JP players for some reason.

@Novaline said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Ash-Lv1 said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Because people get butthurt when you tell them they're bad or that they need to adjust, or just giving them criticism. For some reason, NA players cannot take criticism from people who have played PSO2 for years. The community is already toxic, just look at Reddit/Twitter/Discords/etc, NA people heavily dislike JP players for some reason.

I have mixed feelings about that. It's like watching a show or movie. You can tell people a show is really good when recommending it. But you shouldn't also explain everything and spoil the experience. Most people will want to experience it for themselves. Similar to shows or movies that are based on books, I am sure like most people, those who want to spoil and don't care too much about it will look it up anyways and jump ahead. So those players that care more about "Endgame" will come and look up the best ways to move ahead and go further. Other just want to experience the journey.

In this game, both those types of players meet. Also to note, just because you been in a game longer, that doesn't exactly equal skill. Yes most of the players from JP servers have a slight edge but it really is not a huge gap that justifies the sort of attitude that NA players consider to be toxic. In both cases, neither side should really care what the other side thinks and just enjoy the game and play it however they wish to. But as for the toxicity and the hate, it existed way before it launched in NA if you where ever on the forums for the jp only servers. There where always people telling you how to play because of this or that and honestly it is for the player to decided whether they want to accept it or not.

Again, being someone who has played Phantasy stars for years, my fondest memories are on the gamecube, online, just enjoying the game with like mined players. We had tons of fun and didn't worry much about the toxic players, as there will always be those. I have come a long way from that, but I wouldn't ever tell another gamer the way they are doing this is "wrong." If they want help they can ask and receive it, if they want to be toxic they can be reported and ignored, if I don't like playing a certain way I change it to fit better to meet my conditions. Then again, I am just an old man, PS has changed and will continue to do so. Before the PS community was by far one of the most loyal and best communities I knew of. Yes it has dropped a lot because of it's popularity now but more fans is not a bad thing. It means eventually it will all even out and we will fall into some common ground. It's the only way the game series will have a bright future, maybe 30 years from now when another PSO game will be released with older fans and newer fans just enjoying the game together. Considering how much of the games story are about working together to survive, you would think us "Arks" would find common ground to live in harmony. Sadly there will always be some darkness that corrupts. We just have to be stronger than that. Enough talk from a rambling old geezer.

Honestly at this point no one competent I know plays sh at all we stick to vh and xh The rewards between vh and sh aren't that much different but the spike in enemy stats is crazy so not worth it at all, also alot of people try learning content in that difficulty for some reason it's just stupid

There's no reason to SH, XH is better for rewards and VH is usually quick/spammable for EXP (given the kind of quest, technically).