Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Morgothryuzaki

For stuff like Elder Hands, I'd usually do VH since those are the easiest and give the best exp per run.

Do SH Elder Body after Hands are down.

hardest Rain and Wind UQ is nice

Very Hard Advanced Quests are done in the mean time, usually in full 4 player groups.

@coldreactive Well they drop regardless of the actual difficulty,but higher difficulties does reward you with more.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@coldreactive Well they drop regardless of the actual difficulty,but higher difficulties does reward you with more.

Well okay then. Guess I'll go farm 28 more (since I have 12) so I can get ONE unit (of three.) Then I can come on Super Hard once I get 80 more after. :V

Unless the lower difficulty ones drop the Rising Badges 2, which doesn't have units iirc.

@BlueSquareGuy So..basically what I have been doing.. Damn.. Welll I guess its the way it is eh?

@Morgothryuzaki Pretty much, that's how it was for me.

Oh, also save up for full Brissa, since you can buy and grind Nox weapons for much cheaper with Meseta

@Morgothryuzaki It's an 11* unit set that you can buy with rising 1 badges at the second floor of the shop area.

@IfrianMMO said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

As you begin to approach the level cap, and you attempt to do Super Hard and higher difficulty content and "End-game" EQ´s, you need to start pulling your own weight, and a successful and profitable run depends on everyone, including you.

The overall difficulty of bosses is not much higher, but they become a bit spongey, so if most of the EQ is severely undergeared, it spells failure.

Now, do not get me wrong, no-one expects you to be wielding a +35 Nemesis with high-end affixes and a fully upgraded, 8 slotted Saiki set to do Super Hard Falz Elder.

But as a bare minimum, attempt to buy a *13 star weapon and a full set of matching *10 units with a set bonus, that you must grind to +10.

If you have been doing lower level UQ´s, you will probably even have enough Unique Badges to get the weapon of your choice absolutely free of charge!

And buying the matching unit set, even with some basic affixes, and upgrading it to +10 may cost you less than 700.000 meseta.

Even with just this basic, bare minimum, skeleton equipment, and assuming you are upgrading your skill trees correctly, you should be able to pull some weight rather than being a detriment.

The amount of people i see in SH UQ´s with lv7 units and a deo weapon, getting killed by literally every mechanic and doing 530 damage on a lv75 Luther (on the very few times they are actually alive) is quite frankly, maddening.

I understand the game does not do a great job at instilling a sense and need for upgrading equipment as up to Very Hard all bosses die within 3 minutes.

But as you raise in level, things change, and you have to contribute.

I can't wait till the next difficulties arrive, then the real hell begins....

@BlueSquareGuy can it be obtained with meseta.. I kinda fucked up then...

@IfrianMMO said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I understand the game does not do a great job at instilling a sense and need for upgrading equipment as up to Very Hard all bosses die within 3 minutes.

Worse than that, it demands new players get to middling high levels (50+) very quickly because the very first week of Tier Missions we got involved three VH tasks (including 10 Urgent completions) and an Advance quest. I'm barely there by the end of the penultimate day, when was I supposed to have the time to farm worthwhile gear, let alone spend hours reading up on skill trees because new players are the only ones who didn't get a skill reset last Wednesday?

Really the whole launch period should have seen a week of low-level challenges and less event spam so we could have taken our time on this stuff.

@Miraglyth Right? It feels like this wasn't planned out well enough..

@Morgothryuzaki I wouldn't feel too bad, content is going to escalate very quickly and people are going to feel like they need to keep up the pace.

I play like 12+ hours a day on my off days, so don't think you need to catch up, it's not really a race.

@BlueSquareGuy Its not so much that I feel that I need to catch up,I just like to do my part and I hate taking up a spot when I know I'll struggle. i'm a good player,yes. But it doesn't mean I can pull my weight no matter the situation.. I mean I'm taking my time for sure,but I gotta get on with these urgent quests ASAP thanks to them being a one time only thing...

@Morgothryuzaki said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@BlueSquareGuy Its not so much that I feel that I need to catch up,I just like to do my part and I hate taking up a spot when I know I'll struggle. i'm a good player,yes. But it doesn't mean I can pull my weight no matter the situation.. I mean I'm taking my time for sure,but I gotta get on with these urgent quests ASAP thanks to them being a one time only thing...

What ship are you in? I might be able to guide etc. plus my alliance has a fun saying, if you die we sweep or sit on you. It works because you wont wanna die anymore lol.

@Lwyu Ship 1,I usually play with my buddies in my personal alliance lol. I join random people and try to go ham with my glass canon braver lol