Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@RainGnyu said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@ApollosAmour said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

In a 12-person UQ I never really see there being an issue with people having less than ideal gear. If they die, there's always people there to rez. The only time I've been close to wiping so far is when we don't have enough people or it's a new UQ and we don't know the mechanics. And even then, we still didn't wipe. It's very forgiving imo.

However, I do recommend doing what you can to gear yourself, especially going into SH. The difficulty scaling is really shitty until you get closer to EH, so you'll be less likely to die on the spot if you have decent equipment and understand your class. You probably won't drag your party down if you don't, but you'll have a much more enjoyable experience overall.

I could be wrong but when player die, doesn’t it bring down the rare drop rate?

I still believe this is the reason for guild involvement. This would solve this problem.

Only if they don't get rezzed and go back to the gate.

@GamerKillance Thank you for the conformation! I wasn’t sure how that works. I was thinking this is why the OP made this thread. But it seems that is not the case.

I personally don’t mind and prefer them try to get into the fight than leech EXP.

This thread topic should be about EXP leeching!

If one were just wanting to level, it'd be faster to just run VH over and over - the boss centric ones especially like Dark Elder's hands where it's over crazy fast, and the time to restart and go again is even quicker.

That EXP piles up, and you don't need outstanding gear to be useful in them either

Reminder that most of the thing about this thread is because NA raised SH bosses from level 70 to 75 resulting in cases where some SH bosses actually have higher HP than they do on XH.

Tryhard punks usually ruin it for someone. It's one thing to say STFO of XXX but if you have a player that is actively trying to learn and contribute even if under geared that's different.

Remember this version of PSO2 is moving at a faster rate then it's JP counterpart. All that "fancy" gear will soon be outdated and the others after it. Just play the game, have fun and stop trying to police ingame content.

pso2 is one of games where you can get good gear very fast.... simply do dailyes for 100k+ mesetta about 3-6 days. Weekly tacks gives you about 2500k in gate area and 6 weekly gathering quests in Franca Kafee 100k messetta ea. Then go to Auction House and search for 12-13 star weapon ( nemesis expensive but Gix is cheap and have decent power ) and 11 star units.. what after ? - simply buy them... so simple. They costs about 100-300k mesetta ea. I myself already have 3 genesis weapons and 2 slaves.. How? - doing dailyes and doing some grind in Ultimate Quests about 1-2 hours per day - buy

Idk, luckily I have weapons/units, but they are very expensive. I can see why players wouldn't want to buy them, especially with how fast ac scratch items are being released, and how much those cost in meseta.

In jp everything was so much cheaper.

@Theuberclips That makes a lot of sense. SH is a lot harder starting out for everyone.

I still believe this is the reason for guild involvement. This would solve this problem.

I'm pretty sure dying increases RDR that's why everyone is constantly dead right?!

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I'm pretty sure dying increases RDR that's why everyone is constantly dead right?!

exactly - after the 100th death of one of your teammates a shiny unicorn appears wich poops rainbows...if you collect all of the rainbows youll get a 500% rdr increase for 2 hours

well shid i always killed the unicorn, no wonder I'm not getting rares

Sad but true. What I see is mostly bad gear on most players. Their affixes sucks, their weapons are not grinded. I joined during steam launch, started gearing myself. I just grinded some sigmas to 20+, I dropped and affixed Briass, I have 2x 13* stars weps to run EX EQ and Ultimates (I need right element to use Ele weakness stance), cost me maybe 6m. And that was paid trough dailies and weeklies on 3 different chars. Didn´t pay a single cent, can enjoy hardest content and I know that my DMG is enough.

Is this thread still going? Why? There is nothing in this game that is really difficult; this whining is clearly unwarranted. There has never been any UQ that, as a pug group, I failed in. During every boss fights there's no limit on resurrections, all player can resurrect, there's no game over mechanics that can't be overcome with a half life doll, the time limits a joke most things are dead with three quarters of the time to spare, and nearly all UQ can be solo'd with a properly geared character.

I mean do you guys really lose on boss fights that you want to restrict the people that group with you? God, y'all must suck because I've never had a problem defeating any of these bosses with pugs. Or is this just a forum to express your elitism? I mean if we're just practicing elitism in the guise of 'level completion' I can't get on board with that. Elitism is a shiny star upon itself. You should embrace it and not hide in in false rhetoric. Stand up and shoot, "WHALE and PROUD!"

@AgentRedStar said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Y'all wouldn't be complaining about under-geared free players joining your precious UQ, that you're just farming weapons to sale, if you wasn't a broke joke free player yourself. Any decent whale doesn't even care about your dumb UQ because we can just buy the gear from the market. Now we can end this thread! Have a great day. 🙂

Have fun buying 15* weapons, most 14* weapons and 13* units which aren't tradeable. 😊

@Cathy Well, I never played the JP version but from what I hear you just buy one Slave and one Nemesis, get some cubes, and you craft your not tradable 15* or something like that. Moreover, it won't even be until Ep5 drops that we're going to get any better weapons then what we currently have now. So really what people are complaining about in this thread is that low geared players are joining their Ultimate Quests where they are farming these weapons and since it's taking a few seconds longer to kill these bosses in the Ultimate Quests the poor sad free players farming for meseta are upset they can't farm as fast.