Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

This post is deleted!

@Kwars01 said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

tbh the grinding system in this game is trash. just let a lvl 1 max out an item at 30+ , Just raised the required stat for the weapon /gear.

WHY IN THE LIVING FUCK DO I NEED TO GET A PERMIT EVERY 10 fucking GEAR LEVELS TO UPGRADE MY GEAR WHEN WE HAVE BRAINLETS LIKE YOU TELLING US TO "GIT GUD"

fuck you bud, i aint doing shit for the likes of you.

hell swtor has LEVEL LOCKED GEAR LOOT TABLES in all content. I have no motivation to improve my gear at lvl 58-65 currently as ill just be ignored by the other players in UG's and most "players" are literal bots that dont heal you, let alone acknowledge you exist besides spamming premade messages every 2 nanoseconds in most expeditions anyway

do we play the same game? there is no level lock on gears, and you do not need a permit to upgrade anything.

@DragonGod-Dante said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Honestly at this point no one competent I know plays sh at all we stick to vh and xh The rewards between vh and sh aren't that much different but the spike in enemy stats is crazy so not woTrth it at all, also alot of people try learning content in that difficulty for some reason it's just stupid

Whether it's 'worth it' is a matter of opinion. Personally I like to run the highest difficulty I can simply for the challenge of it. As such, I tend to play solo games with bots for regular client orders/missions, but take it down a notch for Urgent Quests if the highest difficulty I can do is pushing the current limit of my character for their level a bit too much that I ended up feeling like I'm wasting players' Moon Mists.

I find I learn the content best when I'm pushing myself to the point it's adapt or die.

Aye, the elite ARKS thread is back.

Just keep poking SEGA - Expert blocks were introduced in EP4? and Expert Matching was EP5.

If I recall right, the menus for expert matching is already in the game.

@Ash-Lv1 I had to block that guy you replied to. He's a bit unhinged.

They literally give star 13 +30 weapons on the collection sheet now. Star 11 units with decent stats are very cheap now too.

If you know the game then your excuse is laziness. Nothing more to it.

Why is this thread so long wtf.

In a 12-person UQ I never really see there being an issue with people having less than ideal gear. If they die, there's always people there to rez. The only time I've been close to wiping so far is when we don't have enough people or it's a new UQ and we don't know the mechanics. And even then, we still didn't wipe. It's very forgiving imo.

However, I do recommend doing what you can to gear yourself, especially going into SH. The difficulty scaling is really shitty until you get closer to EH, so you'll be less likely to die on the spot if you have decent equipment and understand your class. You probably won't drag your party down if you don't, but you'll have a much more enjoyable experience overall.

As much as I would like to agree with this, Their are alot of parts to this game that go into calculating your damage and it is a lot to ask someone who may be super casual to add anything to a UQ. Fighting a difficult boss can be lame, especially if it takes 20+ minutes.

But excluding these players from some of the most challenging aspects of the game isn't the answer. I suggest anyone who is having problems in UQ to form a party of 4 with friends of equal skill or better. That way you can be sure a 1/3 of your raid is doing a decent amount of damage.

@Cathy said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Why is this thread so long wtf.

This is what happens when everyone isn't using your techer guide. πŸ™‚ Just Jk, every time there has been a pc drop, steam drop people keep coming here to add to the fire when the new player base runs UQ without any "decent" gear.

my advice to new players is to stick to VHARD UQ. you will get through much faster and have more XP overall.

I dunno, I usually have a Nox 12* weapon in the lv 40-50 range as thats when pretty much any class can use them, as for units, the sub/barrier units from ep 4 story quest or the coffie CO, a set of 3 really helps with survability. Each unit adds 150 hp and 20 to all attacks and some dex. They are good newbie units till xh/lv 70+ imo. Not that I haven't searched the market to find better but its hard to find some with simmlar stats. But yeah if your in SH, your 50+ there is no excuse for you to not have a 12* nox weapon as they are often 50k-100k or so on the market. They use defense stat to equip 425 to be exact for the weaps dmg type like a sword uses 425 melee def. I don't plan to really work on my units till 70+ and there is a unit set I actually want, I want a set that has max hp on it as a base stat, and I don't know if any of the current 12* sets have that on them.

Honestly though I hate the entire affixing system as its just counter intuitive and a major hassle to actually use due to how its setup.

Other day friend actually ran out of time in a SH Luther UQ, because the party just did not have the dps needed to kill him in 30 minutes. Hell, I try to get a weapon with blind V on it for luther specifically so I can open the clock weakpoint. I got a rifle, need to get a melee weapon with it next.

Y'all wouldn't be complaining about under-geared free players joining your precious UQ, that you're just farming weapons to sale, if you wasn't a broke joke free player yourself. Any decent whale doesn't even care about your dumb UQ because we can just buy the gear from the market. Now we can end this thread! Have a great day. πŸ™‚

@AgentRedStar said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Y'all wouldn't be complaining about under-geared free players joining your precious UQ, that you're just farming weapons to sale, if you wasn't a broke joke free player yourself. Any decent whale doesn't even care about your dumb UQ because we can just buy the gear from the market. Now we can end this thread! Have a great day. πŸ™‚

Or we just don't want to carry people who don't pull their weight. Game showers you with decent units/weapons that have good augments. You're using an excuse to get free stuff by doing very little.

@ApollosAmour said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

In a 12-person UQ I never really see there being an issue with people having less than ideal gear. If they die, there's always people there to rez. The only time I've been close to wiping so far is when we don't have enough people or it's a new UQ and we don't know the mechanics. And even then, we still didn't wipe. It's very forgiving imo.

However, I do recommend doing what you can to gear yourself, especially going into SH. The difficulty scaling is really shitty until you get closer to EH, so you'll be less likely to die on the spot if you have decent equipment and understand your class. You probably won't drag your party down if you don't, but you'll have a much more enjoyable experience overall.

I could be wrong but when player die, doesn’t it bring down the rare drop rate?

I still believe this is the reason for guild involvement. This would solve this problem.