Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Rao said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Laughs in TMG. pso20200703_215803_005.jpg

How i managed that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aISu34FDI

need stats/gear to show how impressive that is, cause i literally can do more damage than that by pressing mastershot over and over for 20s

Just don't run SH Luther or Elder is the solution. He's scaled to level 75 in NA instead of 70 on JP, giving him roughly 3x his intended hitpoints while extreme has less because it's a bespoke value. So in Extremely Hard you're fighting a weaker boss with level 70+ players.

This is a problem with scaling, not with gear.

@Rorana im not even using bis and best augments, im using a mars series weapon and ray unis with its base augments. pso20200704_144932_000.jpg

im not best geared but i am geared enough to hold my own in the current endgame.

@Rao said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Rorana im not even using bis and best augments, im using a mars series weapon and ray unis with its base augments. pso20200704_144932_000.jpg

im not best geared but i am geared enough to hold my own in the current endgame.

aight thats pretty good then, got better augs than I do on your guns. Though id run ARKS Fever instead of stigma for the PP.

my bow is a bit of a meme due to wanting enough PP to be able to use shifta drink instead of PP drink. d7e799ef-cdbe-4fd3-aa22-5bd7e477974b-image.png

@PhoenixFlame Yeah thats pretty much a given, just sucks when i have to help friends/alliance members and they cant do XH yet x.x

Reading OP again, I think it's actually not a challenging request. If you are using a 7* weapon and a deo, you could do better. Yet I don't expect you to have it all, but just to try to improve your own gear as you get the chance to. I only just got a Nem Calibur, but before that, I was using Ray Sword that I got from Badge Shop. (Which I farmed UQ's while using Nox Schevelle)

This game is becoming a real life sport.

When is the NGL doing the draft!?

Well I don't care about doing dmg, I'm just enjoying the game. That's how I look at it.

That's fine, but if you do very low damage, then there is no need for you to join harder difficulties in multi-player parties. Otherwise, that would be seen as disrespectful. I'm guess it's fine for Very Hard, I'm not sure. Only join the difficulty you are ready to join.

Having a 7* is probably enough to outdamage most people anyways if you know what you are doing, anga doesnt even have a chance to move if people bring 13*

This thread's a hoot. But yeah, please keep your gear up to date. A big thing about MMOs is becoming a strong badass. Don't you wanna be a strong badass? I've held SH boss aggro a lot of the time with an ungrinded 11* from the booster exchange. It doesn't take much.

Ehh.... I don't mind if people are pristine as long as they've taken some heart and put care into themselves. NA weapon paths are grossly overpowered and I don't think they need some mandate.

But what I also don't want to see are some of these people who come in and half idle while wielding total garbage. I just wish some people had a little more shame or SOME semblance of a personal filter. Difficult to avoid, though, doubly so in a F2P title.

It could be worse, they could come in be afk, with low level gear and spamming symbol art/chat animations while hosting and kicking party or retrying when loot is about to be retrieved.

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Having a 7* is probably enough to outdamage most people anyways if you know what you are doing, anga doesnt even have a chance to move if people bring 13*

i highly doubt that a hunter who is using a 7* rifle can outdamage anybody who is using 13 star weapons for their corresponding class - cause these are the people i am talking about...using "beginner" weapons and normal attacking stuff from afar....probably doing 10k damage every 20 seconds during ultimates - they are as useful as players who afk in urgent quests - and if you support these type of players you support afk players during UQ as well

on top of that - nobody who "knows how to play and dps" will be disrespectful enough to use a rappy cannon and be a living meme rather than supporting his 11 mates to finish stuff faster - unless he is trolling - and again the people i am talking about

i always check the gear of people - sending them a kudos asking if they are new and need helpif some of them have sub class 55 and are lv 70-74ish (so prob doing their first ultimate not knowing what theyre doing) - some of them dont even know about "gix being a cheap alternative to nemesis weapons" or that 12 stars exist wich are being monsters at +30 one to name "elder rifle" wich cost about the same amount as the meseta you get from weekly quest with 2 characters and deals a ton of dmg for just being 12 star

nobody is asking people to have 4 astral soul in their equipment and 170 in atk stats...but at least join "current endgame" with half decent gear (gix series could be considered half decent) and dont be a burden to others (those who are intentionally trolling because they are mad about god knows what) same as those who are using 3 npc characters and telling others to f themselfs if they kindly remind them to get rid of said npc

best tip for new players reading this: join an alliance and dont be afraid to ask questions! if you are ship 1 and need help send me a message on here

Honestly just upgrade your weapon to +30 and units to +10 and you will be ahead of the majority of your group already. If your weapon uses lambda grinders, grab a random weapon that doesn't use them and feed it until +10 (or +30 if you have a stable income of meseta and would rather go the extra mile to preserve lambda grinders), then feed them to said weapon to reduce the amount of lambda grinders used.

Do i support afk players? Well not really, i just don't care. If anything i wonder why they even bother to boot up the game if they aren't interested in playing it, but in the end it's none of my business. If anything i support them to spend their time more useful.

newfrens are fun because they come up will all kinds of silly ideas and i enjoy the flavor they bring to the daily grind, never do i think they harm me or my experience in the slightest with their subpar or even nonexistent performance.

I'm sure someone will be grateful for your aggressive campaign to mold new players into elite arks, but personally I enjoy it a lot more if people just do whatever.