Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Lwyu Ship 1,I usually play with my buddies in my personal alliance lol. I join random people and try to go ham with my glass canon braver lol

Well you can add me and we can play sometimes, my user is Lwyn ofcourse, main character that is.

@Lwyu I'll take you up on that! Guess that means I'll add one more person to my Xbox account with no xbox lmfao I'll do that as soon as I get back on the game

@Morgothryuzaki said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Lwyu I'll take you up on that! Guess that means I'll add one more person to my Xbox account with no xbox lmfao I'll do that as soon as I get back on the game

Sounds good! I play everyday cant really miss me haha! I'm mostly on block 21 too.

By the time you guys farm enough Rising badges to actually buy a full set of Brissa you could have farmed enough meseta to buy 10 copies of each Brissa unit... Nox weapons also aren't really worthwhile either as it isn't that hard to get unique badges(if you use rare drop + triboost while doing falspawn den you can pull 500+ unique badges in 30 mins easily if you get a group that can burst for more than 2 minutes at a time, spoilers, don't waste boosters running this in early AM hours as those groups are just...bad...)

Rising badge 2 does have a set of 12 star units as well...but the amount of badges necessary to get it is pretty high.

If you wanna go cheap on current tier gear just grab the 2 piece gemini set and a P drive off the market board then put some decent augments in them(Sovereign ward III, gryphon soul, mastery III, etc cheaper/useful stuff, no need to go all out with stuff like modulator/apprentice soul as all this gear is gonna get replaced anyway). I did this on 2 characters and buying the units, +10'ing all six of them, and doing 3 augments to all six units costed the equivalency of about 1 1/2 weeks of playing the game(not a big deal).

If making meseta is an issue for the above(ie you need more than what is given via dailies/weeklies and don't want to grind for it), sell stuff on the AH. I made 10+ mil in the past week(playing only long enough to do dailies on 2 characters each day) from selling technique discs that dropped during my 2 runs per day, and turning any rocks i gathered into rings and selling them as well(I dunno why people pay 300-400k for a ring +1 but they do, surprisingly for some reason).

@EunJaeSeung said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@IfrianMMO Badges sure, but I refuse to spend my money when it will be needed when this game catches up? sorry for not jumping on the best stuff band wagon like the rest of the plebs are? They will feel like a complete moron when they get ripped off at 5.7m gunne-gam 11 star armor only to see it will eventually sell for 30k later lmfao. Clearly not directed to my player type? I am on both, thanks a lot for the assumption scrub.

Maybe you should learn to read, "scrub"

I said to buy a basic set bonus *10 star armor, which goes for like 30.000 meseta a piece, which will allow you to survive most bosses attacks without getting one-shotted while still getting some stat bonus passives and some extra PP

They also tend to drop with 3 or 4 basic affixes such as Genius III / Might III / Deftness III etc, which while not stellar it´s better than nothing and you do not need to spend money for.

Maybe next time pay some attention to what is being said instead of gut-reacting because "MUH MESETA1!1111"

@IfrianMMO said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

As you begin to approach the level cap, and you attempt to do Super Hard and higher difficulty content and "End-game" EQ´s, you need to start pulling your own weight, and a successful and profitable run depends on everyone, including you.

The overall difficulty of bosses is not much higher, but they become a bit spongey, so if most of the EQ is severely undergeared, it spells failure.

Now, do not get me wrong, no-one expects you to be wielding a +35 Nemesis with high-end affixes and a fully upgraded, 8 slotted Saiki set to do Super Hard Falz Elder.

But as a bare minimum, attempt to buy a *13 star weapon and a full set of matching *10 units with a set bonus, that you must grind to +10.

If you have been doing lower level UQ´s, you will probably even have enough Unique Badges to get the weapon of your choice absolutely free of charge!

And buying the matching unit set, even with some basic affixes, and upgrading it to +10 may cost you less than 700.000 meseta.

Even with just this basic, bare minimum, skeleton equipment, and assuming you are upgrading your skill trees correctly, you should be able to pull some weight rather than being a detriment.

The amount of people i see in SH UQ´s with lv7 units and a deo weapon, getting killed by literally every mechanic and doing 530 damage on a lv75 Luther (on the very few times they are actually alive) is quite frankly, maddening.

I understand the game does not do a great job at instilling a sense and need for upgrading equipment as up to Very Hard all bosses die within 3 minutes.

But as you raise in level, things change, and you have to contribute.

Not that you don't make valid points, but you are forgetting skill base. Sometimes skill can make up for that weakness in handicap. Sadly if your trying to get very good gear, weapons, or even badges to raise your gear, you should be doing these with whatever you have. Not everyone is going to invest all their items to their level 13 weapons with level 14 and 15 not released yet, or even back when we didn't have the 12 unit items.

Don't get me wrong, working together is key, but if your doing an urgent quest with randoms, don't expect to much cooperation. That is what Alliances are for, or private hosted parties.

@ERICK001BC said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@IfrianMMO said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

As you begin to approach the level cap, and you attempt to do Super Hard and higher difficulty content and "End-game" EQ´s, you need to start pulling your own weight, and a successful and profitable run depends on everyone, including you.

The overall difficulty of bosses is not much higher, but they become a bit spongey, so if most of the EQ is severely undergeared, it spells failure.

Now, do not get me wrong, no-one expects you to be wielding a +35 Nemesis with high-end affixes and a fully upgraded, 8 slotted Saiki set to do Super Hard Falz Elder.

But as a bare minimum, attempt to buy a *13 star weapon and a full set of matching *10 units with a set bonus, that you must grind to +10.

If you have been doing lower level UQ´s, you will probably even have enough Unique Badges to get the weapon of your choice absolutely free of charge!

And buying the matching unit set, even with some basic affixes, and upgrading it to +10 may cost you less than 700.000 meseta.

Even with just this basic, bare minimum, skeleton equipment, and assuming you are upgrading your skill trees correctly, you should be able to pull some weight rather than being a detriment.

The amount of people i see in SH UQ´s with lv7 units and a deo weapon, getting killed by literally every mechanic and doing 530 damage on a lv75 Luther (on the very few times they are actually alive) is quite frankly, maddening.

I understand the game does not do a great job at instilling a sense and need for upgrading equipment as up to Very Hard all bosses die within 3 minutes.

But as you raise in level, things change, and you have to contribute.

Not that you don't make valid points, but you are forgetting skill base. Sometimes skill can make up for that weakness in handicap. Sadly if your trying to get very good gear, weapons, or even badges to raise your gear, you should be doing these with whatever you have. Not everyone is going to invest all their items to their level 13 weapons with level 14 and 15 not released yet, or even back when we didn't have the 12 unit items.

Don't get me wrong, working together is key, but if your doing an urgent quest with randoms, don't expect to much cooperation. That is what Alliances are for, or private hosted parties.

The thing is, *13 star weapons, even ungrinded, are a massive jump in power over 10/11/12 star weapons unless you have those fully grinded to +35 and with a good potential, and you get a 35 weapon for about 3 Cradle of Darkness worth of badges.

I keep reading about this "Investment" that people keep talking about and i am not sure what are you guys referring to.

The weapon is free and the armor set costs you at most 120.000 meseta total with a decent amount of basic standard affixes or even cheaper without those, and will make you competent until the next content comes.

Honestly Cradle of Darkness would be the best bet for unique weapon badges, I been helping Alliance members whenever I can. Thankfully at later levels, I just donate my nox, or 13* weapons and 11* star units.

I found that Despair UQ mining, is the best and easiest way of getting 11,12 units (if you have a good team that knows what they are doing.)

Look, I fully agree that everyone should be pulling their own weight, unless you fully agree to help someone out, example alliance members, friends, etc. But some people are still new to the game and don't understand that the game only gets harder from here and that if they do wish to do higher level things, they are under prepared and most players won't want to help out. So I get that your trying to help them put now with the cold truth, but not everyone is going to take the game as serious as those wanting to do the harder stuff and get the loot and etc.

I am just saying if it bothers you that much, avoid public matches. Hell I know the feeling of having to carry people, but people are still learning. There are still people out there hitting the damn fish instead of letting him hit you for the boost. There is still much they need to learn.

Says I don't have enough dex to equip 13 star weapons on my hunter even though i almost have 400 badges to buy the sword.

Its like my mag is pure mel attack. I won't have enough dex until braver is 75.

Playing World of Warcraft for 12 years and a handful of others in between has taught me well; i completely understand the gear-upgrade-treadmill game. 🙂

It just takes time, and patience, and a crapton of The Office and South Park episodes.

alt text

@coldreactive Well they drop regardless of the actual difficulty,but higher difficulties does reward you with more.

I just did the Dark Falz Arm on Very Hard now (nine times in a row), it didn't drop any rising badges. (Meaning only the main body gives you badges, which is usually just 1-3 of them.)

Also, in the JP version, UQs that give Weapons Badges like this can be completed infinitely, not just one time per UQ slot so... /shrug

@ERICK001BC said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

But some people are still new to the game and don't understand that the game only gets harder from here

Then they have some big issues that have nothing to do with the game.

Wait, so end game grinding, some things you need to wait for Urgent Quests to pop up just to get stuff? I was told I can grind all day and get stuff or is it gated behind timed/temporary content?

or just bring a summoner with no gear, 10 star jenga with a couple pancakes and do the same damage as someone with a +35 nemesis weapon.

In all seriousness, the gap between 13 stars right now is minimal. The units as well. you can have a brissa set , and a +35 weapon in less than a week. If someone is a fresh 75 trying to do the hard content in crummy gear, you either carry or kick em. If it's ultimate quests, i don't have the patience to carry but any of the UQ's, SHAQ's, i don't care if they show up naked since that content is mindless right now. Ultimate isn't even terribly difficult i just prefer killing the bosses faster and roaming quicker instead of spending 10 minutes on a pack of mobs.

as others have echoed, avoid public matches if you don't want to carry people. It's not just about gear either. Hitting 75 is easy , and a lot of these newer players just don't know what to do once they hit 75. Try to help em a bit if you are playing pub matches.

@Isomer said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Wait, so end game grinding, some things you need to wait for Urgent Quests to pop up just to get stuff? I was told I can grind all day and get stuff or is it gated behind timed/temporary content?

Well it´s a bit more complicated than that.

The game was released about 3 expansions behind the JP and will slowly catch up to JP before the year ends, but we also have some of the features and item revisions of the newest expansion as technically we are using the same client.

Usually there are three ways to get gear or progress :

UQ

Event Quests

FOTM new mechanic/stage/gameplay type of the current expansion.

As we are going thru 5 years worth of content in only about 6 months, there will probably be a whole lot to do at the endgame, but it´s relevance will also be relative and short lived.

So you will probably always be able to advance your character even beyond UQ´s, as soon as the content begins rolling.