Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

Item drops? Luther doesn't even drop anything, aside from a couple cubes and I'm pretty sure they changed the way drops work for these bosses a long time ago if that ever even was a thing for UQ.

I am genuinely curious though, even on NA my XH runs last 4-5 minutes at max even when noone touches the clock at all, what kind of MPA's are you guys getting that you need a 10 minute guide to explain where the pointy end goes?

Usually takes 10-20 mintue depending on ship 2 here lol. A good thing I see is that people know the break points atleast like his arms and biceps to bring down the thorat. Also the spinnign discs on the floor and his slow spin move kills people a lot for some reason. I'm a techter main so most fights have me throw down zanverse and go heal people and do dps whenever I can.

Turning on HP overlay over peopple really helps me see if people need healing or their fine on their own.

@EunJaeSeung Lol I hope they slowly drip content releases just because you are a douche bag. I played JP as well and know what’s coming but that’s not stopping me from using good gear. Still have 400mil saved already as well...

@DKGJustus said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@EunJaeSeung Still have 400mil saved already as well...

I would have saved that much if AC scratch didn't come in every week.

I just wanted to strongly disagree with the person in here who said "there's no such thing as support, everyone is a DPS".

It's true that as a Techter I still feel obliged to maximize my damage to carry my weight, but I've had plenty of runs where I absolutely carry raids with Resta spam and buffing Deband cut (if someone gets close to dying with it you know they would have died without it). I can't imagine the amount of mates I've saved by healing people, and the amount of downtime I've prevented by keeping them full health, or time I've saved keeping them Shifta'd. I typically consider those my main priority, followed by Zanverse if grouped with the raid, and then finally melee.

I may not be doing exceptional personal DPS in these particular circumstances but ain't nobody gonna tell me without looking silly that I am not contributing.

Fact of the matter is most players aren't perfect and people get hit, and they get hit a lot. Keeping people going with spot heals is a huge damage increase and efficiency buff, keeps the momentum going for your "pure DPS" classes. In a way, healing/buffing is in and of itself a DPS increase of its own (especially if you use Zanverse).

“ I’m better than you so listen to me “ play how you wanna play . Everyone is going to suck if people dying is annoying for you how about you raise your gear up so you won’t play with these weak players .

@Zipzo Just chiming in to say, that yes 1 Techer in a party is not only extremely powerful just due to the stronger Shifta, in a 12 man MPA and the right fights Zanverse is going to actually make you do the most damage out of everyone (Source: tested it), yes this is not exaggerated. That mostly applies to boss UQs though. The resta / megiverse spam is a nice bonus.

People see this game too black and white, and peddle outdated or simply wrong information and that's whats hurting me to read. In terms of unique support it's pretty much limited to Ranger WB / Jellen and Techer Shifta / Deband, as other classes can cover healing (Megiverse is going to be just as powerful as FO or BO), but especially currently on NA, from what I've seen a dedicated healer is going to be rather handy in Ultimate Quest.

So since this a thread about sizing people up, why don't we discuss actual numbers. We have the DPS test simulator in pso2 na (rockbear test), so what do the elites in here think should be the minimum 20-second damage average to be sure that one is contributing in practical situations?

Trying to tell others how to enjoy a game? Odd.

@Zipzo

No one is saying that the support and picking up people doesn't help, but contributing to damage helps the fight go by quicker rather than the one guy in the back spamming Resta. That costs PP, so you can't do it forever, and spamming Resta isn't always needed. If you're Techter, Zanverse is the most valuable thing to be using in the MPA, and Zondeel for mobbing. Megiverse and Resta help with healing, and Anti for removing statuses, which is very helpful if someone is frozen, for example.

People getting hit can be avoided if they manage their dodging and iframe usage better, but yes, healing helps and new players are not used to dodging and iframes more than likely.

Calling it now, all the people in here with the "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" attitudes are going to be the first ones yelling to nerf the raids because they're "too hard".

People's lack of motivation to improve makes me sad.

@EunJaeSeung said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

schvelle

You are waiting till Episode 5 for Units? I feel you can get your meseta back tenfold before that drops. Also, it's more or less tokens from Buster quests for those right?

@Zipzo said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

So since this a thread about sizing people up, why don't we discuss actual numbers. We have the DPS test simulator in pso2 na (rockbear test), so what do the elites in here think should be the minimum 20-second damage average to be sure that one is contributing in practical situations?

You went through all that trouble to shill support and then you just backpeddle all the way to that?

Well i guess i'll bite, i would recommend at least doing 3.667.368 damage on Rockbear before you can come to my MPA's.

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@Zipzo said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

You went through all that trouble to shill support and then you just backpeddle all the way to that?

Well i guess i'll bite, i would recommend at least doing 3.667.368 damage on Rockbear before you can come to my MPA's.

What are you on about? I'm just asking what a good number to shoot for is on the damage calculation test for reference, it wasn't sarcasm. The game doesn't tell you what a good number to be at is, so I'm asking other players.

And if you're actually saying 3.6 mil you're bullshitting at levels over 9000. I figure most players are somewhere between 500-1.2 million on the wider spectrum.

I wasn't bullshitting you, i just told you what i got when i went in.

I was just trying to tell you that "theoretical" DPS doesn't matter as you have correctly tried to argue for already when you revealed your anecdotal evidence about your supporting career.

Every class will have vastly different numbers on every single enemy in the game due to how their moveset interacts with the enemy's. Then there are classes that can't even do maximum damage on a target that doesn't fight back (i'm thinking of SU). Even "minimum dps" would have to be seperated for every class (or even every class and subclass combination) for it to be accurate and even then that's not gonna be reflective on how well they do on different bosses.

@Macmaxi Could you please accept 3.642.106 noob into your MPA? I just need Techer shifta...