Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@Eguzky said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

He looks like a Kingdom hearts baddy with his SH color scheme. 😛

LOL it really does, does it not.

I tried to rez people about 5 times that fight, but someone else always rezzed them a second faster

I cannot even begin to count the amount of times that happened to me.

I tend to use them when the fight is nearly finished, since by then people usually have ran out of Moons and it would suck for a player to be dead when the boss dies.

But it depends on the time and the situation, really.

I alwasy try to rez people,unless no one bothers to rez me. The reasoning is simple,if no one bothers,then I won't bother. To be fair,this only happened to me ONCE in over 100 hours of play so far. So either I contribute more than enough to warrant the occasional raise,or people have pity of me lmfao. But I always fight my darnest for sure so there's that. I may get more cautious and be less aggressive if I know I can be killed too easily though.

Ok I did yesterday a DF luther Run in XH in a stream with some of my friend to tried to figure out what was the probs. I think the biggest probs is people doesn't know how to do the boss fight. Most of then use wind technic a the begining to break is clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_AjgNYVZ4

I will said guys folow this guide. And if you are a Force,Techer or Summoner, NEVER and NEVER use wind technique at the first phase. I reapet, NEVER DO IT. You will make the run much more long and nightmare for nothing. You will get punished to do that. USE LIGHT TECHNIQUE FIRST and when BOTH ARMS a destroyed, you can use your wind technique. Beause destroying the clock befor the arms is USELESS. His weak spot is protected by his arms and its will be much more hard to destroy both arms and if you don't destroy it, you can lose somme items drops.

If you guys realy need help, I can do a stream and explain it.

Item drops? Luther doesn't even drop anything, aside from a couple cubes and I'm pretty sure they changed the way drops work for these bosses a long time ago if that ever even was a thing for UQ.

I am genuinely curious though, even on NA my XH runs last 4-5 minutes at max even when noone touches the clock at all, what kind of MPA's are you guys getting that you need a 10 minute guide to explain where the pointy end goes?

@IfrianMMO Please word yourself properly because you're constantly hopping around with your definitions and that's why your moral superiority is a joke, because you can't even properly formulate how people should play the game and contradict yourself. Did you know that you yourself play with an inefficient katana tree and it's mostly due to

Note that this is a basic build based on my personal playstyle

There is a word of difference between where we're going with our reasoning for one simple reason of social contracts. What you're trying to do is add some rules to your MPAs that weren't agreed upon by the participants in any way, but instead are supposed to be natural and obvious even when they grow into contradictions (you play an inefficient build, some players always put in more effort yet don't worry about it too much because game is fun for them and they're rewarded by having that fun, respecting everyone's time isn't just about finish the urgents fast). My reasoning is that MPAs are by their nature severely lacking in any social contact beyond the possibly most basic things like no AFKing unless necessary, and no malicious behavior that mostly come from 101: how not to be a major ass in any social setting + community guidelines. Therefore one shouldn't be surprised to find that people come with gear not to their liking and lacking any skills, and adding an unofficial set of rules then trying to hold people accountable to them without their agreement is simply wrong. If you want another social contract wait for expert requirements that speak for themselves, or make one in a private MPA.

After glancing at some stuff in this thread here is my problem with it. You have two groups of players those who know everything already and those who don't.

The game itself does a terrible job of imparting even basic information to players. And I've found for myself trying to figure anything out is a pain because you have to sort what is and is not in the american version and what is only partially implemented. Now finding all the hidden information or easy/cheap/secret ways to do things. Lols.

The bad players aren't those who aren't gearing up, it's those who know it all already, and are not writing up proper guides for people to find.

I don't mind writing guides for anything regarding PSO2 but considering barely anyone even reads / watches them and there's plenty of bad / misinformed players making guides faster than me with wrong and outdated information, i just don't bother, because our based "JP VETS" pretty much know everything better anyways.

I offer anyone to answer any questions about the game, but as i already established i don't actually care whether people "gitgud" or not. I just want people to enjoy the game and I've seen multiple cases where players are afraid to step into quests due to anxiety of underperforming and those people rather stop playing altogether then especially when the community reinforces the behaviour of constantly monitoring player performance as we see in this thread.

Seriously how do you even have fun sitting in a quest looking at every player's gear to find the one guy who doesn't have """acceptable""" gear

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I don't mind writing guides for anything regarding PSO2 but considering barely anyone even reads / watches them and there's plenty of bad / misinformed players making guides faster than me with wrong and outdated information, i just don't bother, because our based "JP VETS" pretty much know everything better anyways.

I offer anyone to answer any questions about the game, but as i already established i don't actually care whether people "gitgud" or not. I just want people to enjoy the game and I've seen multiple cases where players are afraid to step into quests due to anxiety of underperforming and those people rather stop playing altogether then especially when the community reinforces the behaviour of constantly monitoring player performance as we see in this thread.

Seriously how do you even have fun sitting in a quest looking at every player's gear to find the one guy who doesn't have """acceptable""" gear

It's in every MMO.

Not geared properly in Wow? Kicked. Guild Wars 2? Kicked. FF14? Kicked.

People always want to judge others and many of them are believe they have some 'right' to do so based off of knowledge, or time played. And another subset of them believe they are untouchable; they know better, so newer players better sit down and listen.

And that's when MMOs start getting toxic.

@Macmaxi said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

PSO2 is a game abouth skill. You need to get better. You need to look tuto on the internet. When episode 4 will be out with expert classement only you will understand what we are talking abouth. Because what will happen is everyone who have good skill, good dsp will be together and all other will be alone and will quite the game.

That how is PSO2. What we trying to do is warning you because in the end is if you guys don't take advice you will be punished. That how the game is. You missed up your skill tree? Buy a new one or wait for a treeskill reset pass. Like I said I'm open to help people to learn how to the boss fight because some boss will have gimick and you need to understand that. What will happen when ep 5 will come out and you need to use the canon all the 12 player to destroy a meteor? What will happen when some one need to take the job to use the sword to open the dragon weak spot?

The probs is so many player need to understand the basic stuff. How to counter, dodge, Just attack or parry. When you will learn that you will pretty much be realy hard to be killed and have a good dps.

@IfrianMMO said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@EunJaeSeung said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I refuse to do that, I know what's coming so I'm not spending my earned meseta on a set of armor that will be obsolete the moment schvelle armor comes out, nor will i waste money on a 13 star when I know Novel and a lot more accessibility options become available in the future for Phobos weapons and what have you. 12 star is enough, also won't be wasting my meseta on high end affixing anything until then, a LOT more options for affix choices coming in future updates. As for luther? 95% of this community doesn't even know to use Zan on him to open his chest clock, you CAN'T do gauntlet route without good dps. You can argue that other wind techniques are "better damage" or whatever, but that isn't the purpose of using wind magic on him.

So you are basically a JP player, coming to a thread clearly not directed to your player type to basically brag about how you refuse to spend 1 hour of casual playing worth of meseta or get a weapon you literally get for free with the current tier badges?

I mean, that is a weird flex, but okay?

Well, I'm also a JP player so I know the progression, problem is while it's good to say "gtfo until you upgrade your gear" we have no real timeline on when we'll actually get the "meat" of this game's content. Basic gear is good and all but as some no doubt have said, the BIGGEST issue are people's job builds outside of the gear first and foremost.

@Eguzky said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

It's in every MMO.

Not geared properly in Wow? Kicked. Guild Wars 2? Kicked. FF14? Kicked.

People always want to judge others and many of them are believe they have some 'right' to do so based off of knowledge, or time played. And another subset of them believe they are untouchable; they know better, so newer players better sit down and listen.

And that's when MMOs start getting toxic.

I mean even in classic WOW you can't join in some raids because you are using an odd build that definitely can work (there's very few exceptions but they exist) without anyone giving you a chance for instance most players will always prioritise a Warrior for tanking but druids can definitely tank but if warriors have Thunderfury (some legendary sword don't mind that) they are objectively better at that job, while say Paladins can use Thunderfury too to keep the agro for the boss and such they need some setup because they can't taunt and suck when they have no mana anymore.

So i can kind of get what you may need specific build for x or y things and why you really shouldn't try to do something stupid that doesn't work as well. But yeah you find a lot of toxic people in the hardcore scene.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

PSO2 is a game abouth skill. You need to get better. You need to look tuto on the internet. When episode 4 will be out with expert classement only you will understand what we are talking abouth. Because what will happen is everyone who have good skill, good dsp will be together and all other will be alone and will quite the game.

That how is PSO2. What we trying to do is warning you because in the end is if you guys don't take advice you will be punished. That how the game is. You missed up your skill tree? Buy a new one or wait for a treeskill reset pass. Like I said I'm open to help people to learn how to the boss fight because some boss will have gimick and you need to understand that. What will happen when ep 5 will come out and you need to use the canon all the 12 player to destroy a meteor? What will happen when some one need to take the job to use the sword to open the dragon weak spot?

The probs is so many player need to understand the basic stuff. How to counter, dodge, Just attack or parry. When you will learn that you will pretty much be realy hard to be killed and have a good dps.

What kind of glorified view of PSO2 do you have, seriously? The expert requirement never changed MPA quality for me back in the day, it wasn't even hard to get. You could do it in a party even.

You are "warning" players? PSO2 doesn't get much harder for a long time. There is no failstate in UQ's (except maybe unlikely case of timeouts), the only actual "hard" content was when they put deathlimits on the rematches because you actually had a failstate and then it was nerfed. If the stars align we might actually not get the death limit and otherwise it's pretty much impossible to fail.

JP only slowly introduces difficulty back with Infiltration and Divide and even then "failing" is still pretty hard, especially when you have access to PH / ET especially the latter with Damage Balancer.

Get over yourself, for many people it's the first week of playing a new and rather "unique" action combat game. You aren't warning anyone, people can see that they die just fine and realize they must be doing something wrong.

Just let new players be new players jesus christ, what is that makes you so fixated on player "skill"? The only thing that is happening here is that you antagonize new players by telling them how they should be playing.

Yes this is a thing in every MMO, and its the same shitty behavior that i critisize in every MMO. The only difference being that most MMO's lock their raid content behind formed parties (statics, guilds, whatever) which means you can police people to play a certain way. If a guild doesn't want to take you as a druid tank, then you have to find someone who does. The goal here is to find like-minded players.

In PSO2 the content is mostly done in PUGs, and the reason for that is mostly because the content is easy and requires no coordination / strategy / communication. But of course that doesn't stop people from bringing their ruleset with them and trying to enforce it on others. You aren't gonna always find like-minded players in random groups.

Why would I even start using a set when this is the result?

https://imgur.com/R1aenF8

The Arms of this set are just terrible compared to what I have equipped

Edit: Answered my own question. This is the result of making it a set bonus

https://imgur.com/p9PhYG8

GMs should nuke this thread now ... and direct any and all of these topics to the guides section.

@Eguzky

The most power you get ouf of units is by grinding (enhancing) them to +10, which can be done at Dudu / Donika in the Shop area. Usually the higher Rarity the Unit has, the more Defense it will have once its at +10, and that is what's gonna make the difference in how much damage you take.

The process takes Meseta and Grinders but it's worth to try out to see the difference. Generally the advice you will see here is to get 11-Star units from the Player Shops and upgrade those, because right now there is so much supply they are very cheap and once you can wear them you will be able to tank everything at lower difficulties.

That being said, this is a really big over generalization, there is a lot to these systems because they have been in the game for a long time. There are probably a bunch of people willing to help you ingame / discords or even here. The game also leads you to the NPC Leontina who gives you a bunch of advice for these systems which are a decent read i think.