Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

As a Ranger I also just go ahead and break the jewels on the cloak instead of attacking his head. If I attacked his head, he would probably die before we finished breaking him.

I just said not to do clock at face point. That works now where people are trying to do that for speed kill, but that doesn't work anymore for future JP contents, where players have told me that it was patched for higher difficulty.

@LapisWave Right. On XH, the issue is, even if you break the clock right away, a red miasma protects the weak point until both arm wounds are destroyed.

A lot of this isn't really the player's fault, if I'm being honest. The jump from VH to SH is big in terms of health pools and damage output, but everything else before that is an absolute snoozefest in terms of challenge or difficulty. There's not really a warning label that tells players this.

Even worse, there is close to no way to gauge one's individual performance in this game. No internal damage metrics/meter, and no way to measure how much your contribution is compared to others. The closest thing we have to that is in mining defense, and that's just based on killing blows from wave to wave and then at the end.

If there was some easy way to measure performance, or we get confirmation that damage parsers are OK, I'm gonna have to go with you're out of luck. People are naturally going to be punching above their weight purely due to game design.

Interesting advice. I'd highly recommend not calling people detriments and telling strangers what they Have to do. That kind of behavior is abusive and we all SHOULD avoid people like that.

@TheTokenSquare I would highly advise not intentionally ruining others experiences because some people just want to ride in someone else's backpack.

This advice wasn't even worded badly and offered many solutions. The alternative is the NA version bringing back Expert blocks so all the "play how I want people" can never finish a quest?

@John-Paul-RAGE You "Get on my level"players who are super GODS forget being new yourselves. People do play this GAME for fun, ya know. If you want Serious Gamers only - LOCK YOUR LOBY

That is if they can keep the game up.

@John-Paul-RAGE -- and the fact you believe people are joining your games to INTENTIONALLY RUIN your experience is so narcissistic. Says so much about you and very little about them. I feel sorry for those that join you - you lone wolf you.

@TheTokenSquare Posting three separate times addressing one person is not necessary. Consider editing your post if you have more thoughts to add after you've already posted.

@TheTokenSquare it becomes intentional when someone offers advice to how you can contribute and you refute by saying "I can do what I want".

@TheTokenSquare said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@John-Paul-RAGE -- and the fact you believe people are joining your games to INTENTIONALLY RUIN your experience is so narcissistic. Says so much about you and very little about them. I feel sorry for those that join you - you lone wolf you.

I am not quite understanding your logic here. So should people not make guides for those who may want to learn or are having issues? Should people not let others to correct mistakes if its getting out of hand? There are 12 people in that mass parties, and there will be those people who will get frustrated because others are not doing it right.

I think its equally rude to say that we cannot even allow to let players to be guided correctly. Since you said to lock lobbies to players who want to take it seriously, it's equally the same towards players who are trying to ruin others by throwing it.

@LapisWave said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@TheTokenSquare said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I am not quite understanding your logic here. So should people not make guides for those who may want to learn or are having issues? Should people not let others to correct mistakes if its getting out of hand? There are 12 people in that mass parties, and there will be those people who will get frustrated because others are not doing it right.

I think its equally rude to say that we cannot even allow to let players to be guided correctly. Since you said to lock lobbies to players who want to take it seriously, it's equally the same towards players who are trying to ruin others by throwing it.

I also want to add that people that actually want to improve in the game will look at this thread and people that aren't won't so it's not really relevant to come here and be like "what about no". That's just trolling at this point.

A full Brissa set is 120 weapon badges, its a really good set if you cant be bothered to farm for Saiki.

a week and a half of playing got me a full brissa set and im still fairly new, theres no excuse to dragging the rest of the team down, hell a varder set can do wonders for people.

@LapisWave said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I think it comes from the way the thread is worded honestly. It just sounds condensing. When people want to help they don't try and make others feel stupid or worthless. Consider a teacher, that want's students to achieve. The teacher understands that they can only do so much, and that the rest falls on the student. A better topic wording would be, "Consider upgrading gear/weapons to better succeed success rates during UQ/Harder content." This makes people who want to get better take the information you have (which is clearly a lot of well taught out info from experience). I am just saying, the way its been going makes it sound like you consider yourself a Gordon Ramsay of PSO. It's clear from the couple of posts that starting derailing the thread that you're bothered by going into public matches and having to carry people and sometimes failing because of it.

Not saying that you aren't right in wanting to help people, just that the way you went about it will obviously upset people because they will tell you not to tell them how to play their game. Everyone has their own way of teaching, some people respond better to kindness over brute truth, but again there is no right or wrong way about it, but at least understand why some people might see it that you may come off as arrogant with it. I am really not trying to offend, just stating how it seems like. Take CATHY for example. Shes one of the well known TECH/FORCE players, and her way of helping people is to say how she feels and help out without telling them that they have no place on harder content if they are running the wrong gear. Just wanted to give the other side of the coin on this one. Nothing more or less.

Maybe people would not tell others "How to play their game" if they kept in mind that a MMORPG is not a single player game and that there are very fair and understandable expectations from anyone partaking in multiplayer content.

-Your time is not more valuable than my time.

-Your fun is not more valuable than my fun.

-Your needs are not more valuable than my needs.

-Your way to play the game is not more valuable than my way.

But precisely because we are all different and it impossible for every group to cater to every single way to play, the only fair and democratic way to play the game is for everyone to do their best and do a honest effort at success whenever multiplayer content is participated in.

Why?

Because doing so puts everyone on the same ground, gives an equal amount of responsibility, and ultimately, benefits everyone as well.

And to suggest that we should just party with our friends or play only within premades is to completely miss the point and to put the blame and the solution where it does not belong.

It is not WE who are wrong, it is YOU, the lazy, the selfish, who are in the wrong , so it is you who should change and adapt, not us.

And yeah sure, i know that realistically speaking, that is not going to happen, because lazy people are gonna laze and selfish people are gonna self-interest.

But at the very least let us not pretend the responsibility or fault falls to those who play the game the way it is intended and who contribute to success.

You say that i sound condescending by my demands?

To me, someone who believes he or she can do whatever they want and screw anyone they may be partied with because "Noone tells me how to play" is way more condescending and selfish.

To me, someone who believes everyone else is there for their use and service and to carry them because they feel lazy, tired, or cannot be arsed, is way more condescending and selfish.

Other people in MMORPG are not NPC, they are not there for you, they are there to play the game WITH you, not FOR you.

If your style of play is "My way or the highway" then either go play single player games or play solo, you have no right whatsoever to purposefully underperform because of your personal quirks.

Just because no-one can stop you, it does not mean you are right to do so.

P.S: And because i already see the false equivalences coming, let me explain, before you even say it, that no, expecting everyone to do their part is not the same as imposing your way on everyone else.

When everyone does an equal amount of effort, everyone has the same responsibility and everyone gets rewarded equally, therefore, while it is true that it may not be the preferred way to play of everyone in the group, it is the most fair outcome.

No-one is asked to do more or less than the other player.

When a single player´s "My way or the highway" is imposed, everyone else is required extra effort with no benefit to them, it only benefits the one player.

So no, telling people to do their part is not equivalent to imposing one´s way.