Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.

As you begin to approach the level cap, and you attempt to do Super Hard and higher difficulty content and "End-game" EQ´s, you need to start pulling your own weight, and a successful and profitable run depends on everyone, including you.

The overall difficulty of bosses is not much higher, but they become a bit spongey, so if most of the EQ is severely undergeared, it spells failure.

Now, do not get me wrong, no-one expects you to be wielding a +35 Nemesis with high-end affixes and a fully upgraded, 8 slotted Saiki set to do Super Hard Falz Elder.

But as a bare minimum, attempt to buy a *13 star weapon and a full set of matching *10 units with a set bonus, that you must grind to +10.

If you have been doing lower level UQ´s, you will probably even have enough Unique Badges to get the weapon of your choice absolutely free of charge!

And buying the matching unit set, even with some basic affixes, and upgrading it to +10 may cost you less than 700.000 meseta.

Even with just this basic, bare minimum, skeleton equipment, and assuming you are upgrading your skill trees correctly, you should be able to pull some weight rather than being a detriment.

The amount of people i see in SH UQ´s with lv7 units and a deo weapon, getting killed by literally every mechanic and doing 530 damage on a lv75 Luther (on the very few times they are actually alive) is quite frankly, maddening.

I understand the game does not do a great job at instilling a sense and need for upgrading equipment as up to Very Hard all bosses die within 3 minutes.

But as you raise in level, things change, and you have to contribute.

Well put.

Another thing, that might be slightly off-topic but still very annoying, please do not start the teleporter if you don't see 12/12 (unless the UQ timeframe is over). Had an Apos Dorios run where we were 7/12 because someone started TP, despite most of us telling them to stop it. A lot of the MPA was floored, and it puts a lot of pressure on everyone because you refused to wait 30s for 5 more people to join.

Where do I get Rising Weapons Badge 1 (and not from the Mission Pass) so I can upgrade my armor then? On Summoner, I don't really need to upgrade my weapon, but I do need to upgrade my units.

Also you don't need a 13*, while 13* weapons are the better option, you need least 12* max element and grinded to at least +15, higher grind the better and the better rarity weapon with max element you have the better.

I refuse to do that, I know what's coming so I'm not spending my earned meseta on a set of armor that will be obsolete the moment schvelle armor comes out, nor will i waste money on a 13 star when I know Novel and a lot more accessibility options become available in the future for Phobos weapons and what have you. 12 star is enough, also won't be wasting my meseta on high end affixing anything until then, a LOT more options for affix choices coming in future updates. As for luther? 95% of this community doesn't even know to use Zan on him to open his chest clock, you CAN'T do gauntlet route without good dps. You can argue that other wind techniques are "better damage" or whatever, but that isn't the purpose of using wind magic on him.

@EunJaeSeung said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

I refuse to do that, I know what's coming so I'm not spending my earned meseta on a set of armor that will be obsolete the moment schvelle armor comes out, nor will i waste money on a 13 star when I know Novel and a lot more accessibility options become available in the future for Phobos weapons and what have you. 12 star is enough, also won't be wasting my meseta on high end affixing anything until then, a LOT more options for affix choices coming in future updates. As for luther? 95% of this community doesn't even know to use Zan on him to open his chest clock, you CAN'T do gauntlet route without good dps. You can argue that other wind techniques are "better damage" or whatever, but that isn't the purpose of using wind magic on him.

So you are basically a JP player, coming to a thread clearly not directed to your player type to basically brag about how you refuse to spend 1 hour of casual playing worth of meseta or get a weapon you literally get for free with the current tier badges?

I mean, that is a weird flex, but okay?

Well I am starting to get into Super Hard atm I have 'decent' gear for very hard but how would I go about upgrading my armor exactly? I mostly get Weapons but Armor I didn't mess with too much because the game litterally is a joke atm... I don't wish to be one of 'those guys'.

Don't spend too much time thinking about how people barely hit 50 and do SH hand runs for Exp when VH is easier and more effective for leveling.

In terms of body, I never had trouble in XH since everyone there is usually competent enough to stick to their own guns and fight accordingly.

You shouldn't use moons on people who are undergeared anyway, Moons are better used on XH.

@BlueSquareGuy what is XH? I am sorry but I am new to PSO2 so i don't know the full terminology yet.

@Morgothryuzaki Extra Hard, you need to be at least level 70, and that unlocks that hardest content in the game (as of right now.)

@BlueSquareGuy Oh,you mean Extremely Hard? Yeah I barley made it to 50 and kinda feel the struggle of levelling past it. Any recommendations?

@IfrianMMO Badges sure, but I refuse to spend my money when it will be needed when this game catches up? sorry for not jumping on the best stuff band wagon like the rest of the plebs are? They will feel like a complete moron when they get ripped off at 5.7m gunne-gam 11 star armor only to see it will eventually sell for 30k later lmfao. Clearly not directed to my player type? I am on both, thanks a lot for the assumption scrub.

Besides the Mission Pass, where do I get Rising Badges from? I asked 12 hours ago, there have been 9 replies to this thread since, and my comment is relating to the topic.

@coldreactive If I remember right,they drop from Dark Falzar Elder,its where I got most of mine. So i assume that Luther is going to drop them as well(?)

@Morgothryuzaki said in Do not join Super Hard (or Higher) UQ/Content without upgrading your gear first.:

@coldreactive If I remember right,they drop from Dark Falzar Elder,its where I got most of mine. So i assume that Luther is going to drop them as well(?)

So I need to do UQs with bad gear to get good gear so I can do UQs? Sounds counter-intuitive in the OP's eyes.