Adding 6th weapon Affix

Hi All,

I have a question, I have upgrade my weapon to +35 and it has 5 affixes. Can I check if I can still add a 6th weapon affix still?

Upslotting is always risky, you should be able to add a 6th ability, but upslotting reduces the success rate of other abilities sometimes quite drastically

So if I upslot a new slot, the current affixes will downgrade or be removed?

No, they have a chance to be removed. When you're affixing you can see the success rates on the window before confirming affix attempt. Upslotting reduces the success rate. It doesn't do anything to the abilities themselves. If you succeed, you will have all your 5slot affixes + the one you added. IF you fail you might end up with 5 slots but one was replaced with what your were trying to add as a 6th or worse, downlsotted.

@Gerbilios said in Adding 6th weapon Affix:

No, they have a chance to be removed. When you're affixing you can see the success rates on the window before confirming affix attempt. Upslotting reduces the success rate. It doesn't do anything to the abilities themselves. If you succeed, you will have all your 5slot affixes + the one you added. IF you fail you might end up with 5 slots but one was replaced with what your were trying to add as a 6th or worse, downlsotted.

Oh dear lord. lucky my item is a mid level item lol

You can use support items to increase the success rates, and using multiples of the same ability boosts its success rates from fodder