Make trading and selling not a premium feature

@SaviorZero82 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR First of all I was not asking for handouts, I just did not get the whole trading behind the paywall and how I saw it, well it sucked but after reading some more info I realize why it’s there tho it would be nice to maybe adjust it where we can trade gear and disks of rarity up to 10*, do not allow $$ trades maybe even attach a fee on the trade, me and my wife played the beta and I was picking up items that she could use so it was a bit of a let down when we could not help each other in this simple way, I don’t expect the game to change this tho, the sub forum is labeled suggestion, and I probably could have worded my 1st post a bit better

I am in the same boat as you. My wife and brother are new to the series and it would be nice to "trade" crummy weapons to them, there is certainly ways it can be accomplished without compromising the economic stance of the game.

A trade limit would be one idea. Can't trade weapons above certain rarities, units, mags, etc. Could also add a meseta limit as well.

If that isn't possible, when the party mentioned getsba 3 day shop pass, I will just have them sell a monomate for an outrageous price and give them meseta that way to buy what they need.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@GM-Deynger said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

These posts are stupid. you're getting a ton of content for free. This game would not be very fun if they had to shut down the servers because PSO2 NA did not make financial sense.

Everyone's suggestion is valid in this forum. There are others who feel the same way. Please do not discourage others from having opinions they are entitled to.

Whoa I did not expect a Admin response.

Yeah I recognize my post came across as dismissive and conversation ending. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Sorry, that was 8 days ago. I was having a bad day, presumably because I stayed up too long the night before playing the closed beta. To my defense, I did quit posting shortly thereafter and did not continue further discussion.

The nature of this thread, in which the OP is asking for handouts, before beta had even ended seemed like a typical "I'm a victim" scenario and a grasp at attention and increase in post count.

Yes....there are several of us lurking so beware. 😁 We'd like to maintain a status as the most friendly and helpful community in gaming. 😉

Now, you would be perfectly entitled to rebut this with your points, WERE this not located in the "in-game" suggestions section. Generally, where one person has an opinion, others will share it, and providing it here allows us to take those feelings and thoughts to the Dev team in a pure form, unencumbered with sword-fighting. Similarly, someone who can provide good points to the contrary would also be welcome to comment on the Suggestions, as these points may be more impactful with the Dev team. So long as these are stated in a "I feel" or "I think" manner.

It's okay to think someone "seems" a certain way, but try to consider all possibilities before responding based on an assumption. 😉

It's okay to think someone "seems" a certain way, but try to consider all possibilities before responding based on an assumption. 😉

Based mod. I don't think requiring prem to trade on JP was a good design choice, and I think it helped lead to the anti-social nature of the game there. If I could help my non-gamer friends out, that didn't play CBT and haven't played since PSO1, by being able to give them help as they're starting then maybe they'd end up sticking around or spending money on AC in the future.

The poster that said limit it 10* had some really good ideas that I also agree with. I'm going to shill this game to all my friends, and it would suck to not be able to help each other out, and JP really made players feel alone in this regard.

Thanks for bearing with us, kuma.

Yes, those are great points to bring up to the team.

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

Based mod. I don't think requiring prem to trade on JP was a good design choice, and I think it helped lead to the anti-social nature of the game there. If I could help my non-gamer friends out, that didn't play CBT and haven't played since PSO1, by being able to give them help as they're starting then maybe they'd end up sticking around or spending money on AC in the future.

The poster that said limit it 10* had some really good ideas that I also agree with. I'm going to shill this game to all my friends, and it would suck to not be able to help each other out, and JP really made players feel alone in this regard.

Thanks for bearing with us, kuma.

This pretty much covers exactly how I feel with trading. I can get selling and while it can be annoying, there are still options with the shop pass, but I love being able to give stuff to friends and we often have the luck of getting whatever the other person needs.

And while there is the gift box option, that still requires premium and actually getting a gift box (and hoping the person even has space in their room...)

One of my most important items was actually a gift from a Japanese user-- I had asked could hold onto something until I saved up for it in a friend request, only for them to surprise me with it as a gift. Even after years, it's my "main" outfit in the game (and playing through the Beta without it felt so weird as I actually had it since Level 19 over on the Japanese server) so I'd love to be able to surprise other friends and help them out.

It could always have some small requirements-- maybe level or how long you've been friends to lessen people trying to bypass trading or shops (if that even ends up being an issue), but I feel like it'd easily do more good than any harm and wouldn't take away from other things.

yeah like; to many people the special ability affixing/augmentation system is very intimidating and only manages to take time away from them that they would rather be using to go run another quest. I was just thinking that like, if even only 1-12⭐ weapons and 1-11⭐ units were tradable without requiring premium, it'd open up people a lot more to like; have That One Friend who gladly accepts everybody's garbage items, and refines them into kits for people to at least get their units set up to something serviceable

I prefer it stays premium like in jp servers. High tier weapons should either be worked for or have restrictions on them.

@Meta77 Uhm

Most of the relevant weapons aren't sell-able even if you are premium. And even then You can buy as free user regularly. Premium doesn't have anything to do with it.

I agree with a lot of you, if we could say trade stuff that’s 1-10*, no $$, just lower level gear and disks that would be cool, in that sense you could help out some new friends that may just start out or don’t get to play often, the game is super social and it would add to that part, I would even be fine if you had to pay a trading tax or you have to use a npc/visphone like station to do it, heck make it where we would have to go to the cafe to do it

@Cathy said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@Meta77 Uhm

Most of the relevant weapons aren't sell-able even if you are premium. And even then You can buy as free user regularly. Premium doesn't have anything to do with it.

You sure. I could have swore ive sold some 14s at one time. that or i did something to those wands >.>

@Meta77 yes, some 14* can be sold (Dim, Awake and that recolored Orbit weapon series's) that act as good Entry level weapons but nowadays people aim for 15* weapons as their endgame goal

@NextTime000 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

yeah like; to many people the special ability affixing/augmentation system is very intimidating and only manages to take time away from them that they would rather be using to go run another quest. I was just thinking that like, if even only 1-12⭐ weapons and 1-11⭐ units were tradable without requiring premium, it'd open up people a lot more to like; have That One Friend who gladly accepts everybody's garbage items, and refines them into kits for people to at least get their units set up to something serviceable

According to the JP servers. Everything up to 14* rarity is tradable via player shops except armor units which only go to 12* rarity and eggs go to 9* rarity in player shops, but overall go as high as 14* rarity. You cannot trade or scrap items into "kits" as no such thing is in the game. However, if you go to the salvage shop in the shop district. You can trade 10* - 12* weapons / armor units for various items including EX Cubes which you can then trade for fun point tickets at the EX Cube shop. (through updates over time. 10* eggs have been made tradable to the salvage shop)

Just be glad the current trade system isn't like how it used to be back when 10* was the highest rarity and in order to buy from player shops. You had to have premium then go to the salvage shop and exchange certain items for a 10* weapon / unit exchange pass then use the pass at the player shop to trade for the weapon / unit. After several updates later. That was all done away with and is no longer a required thing.

@S0UL-REAPER302 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@NextTime000 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

According to the JP servers. Everything up to 14* rarity is tradable via player shops except armor units which only go to 12* rarity and eggs go to 9* rarity in player shops, but overall go as high as 14* rarity. You cannot trade or scrap items into "kits" as no such thing is in the game.

That's completely wrong

Every weapon up to 13* is trade-able and some 14* weapons are also but not every 14* weapon. Similarly 13* Candy can be traded but not 12* Units. Those are still restricted to 11*. and ever since 14* eggs became a thing, consolidated Personalities etc and they are given through collection files for virtually free, there is no reason to increase Pet egg trading levels.

nobody buys the cow if you give the milk away for free. i prefer it that freeloaders suffer.

like, the milk is technically already free; 3 day shop passes have been in the FUN scratch since forever, and excubes flow like water so you can just get as many 1k FUN tickets you need to get 3 day shop passes.

I just find the shops system inconvenient when I log in after a rowdy session in pso2es and I have more soul receptor units than my body has room for. or like, if im running endless a bunch with friends, and one of them would really like to have all of the Lesser Power I units we collectively find.

I have premium but im suffering because I can't just, give people things unless I can keep my shop's inventory moving so I have space to put this other stuff up, and pray that there isn't some other person searching for this ability at the same time and snipes them out from my friend, or hope my friend doesn't have their myroom completely full so I have to do the equally inconvenient method of dropping gift boxes in their room one item at a time