Make trading and selling not a premium feature

@Seedenator said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@NextTime000 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

I know how the shops work, I just wish people could more freely share their garbage with each other; without the hassle of leaving the gateship and going back to the lobby to put stuff up into their store

So do all the gold spammers, and bots.

Having a limited trading option that reflects market value of items doesn't encourage botting or gold spammers.

I think a lot of PSO2 veterans are forgetting how the Western culture has historically viewed paywalling what would be considered a "basic" feature.

Shop has a way of accessing it without paying real money. Trading does not.

I know how the shops work, I just wish people could more freely share their garbage with each other; without the hassle of leaving the gateship and going back to the lobby to put stuff up into their store

..this place needs a thumbs up button.

From my understanding, most of the premium perks are for convenience. I do not think trading applies. I will not be affected as I plan to get the premium pass, but I do not feel f2p players should be limited in trading. Just my opinion, but most of you are complaining and being volatile for no reason. Someone suggested an idea in a suggestion forum, and you're here to dismiss them?...

I don't get how it would stop rmt to make it free to be able to give another player "crap" loot?

Scenario: Player buy 10m meseta online, put up a shop and sell a low value item for 10m for the seller to buy. In what way does the game prevent the above scenario from happening?

@Agent-of-Shadow said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

I don't get how it would stop rmt to make it free to be able to give another player "crap" loot?

Scenario: Player buy 10m meseta online, put up a shop and sell a low value item for 10m for the seller to buy. In what way does the game prevent the above scenario from happening?

In no way, really, other than people doing this with a monomate, then of course Sega will notice the price difference and look into it. That's why sharing meseta between accounts (if you play with more than one, or you share with friends) is less risky if you sell weapons or units, since they can be used to improve other weapons, and their random attributes can make them very valuable even if they are low rank.

The trade system is designed on purpose the way it is and limited to the certain tradable items it's limited to because it stops things like trade scamming from occurring and it also stops people from trying to lag switch the trade for scamming purposes. Item drops being set to individual drops was also done on purpose to prevent trade scams via drop trades. We've all seen this way too many times on the Xbox servers for both PSU NA and the PSU NA demo. I for one am glad trade scamming is removed. You won't find a single person on the JP server on any ships that do trade scams.

@S0UL-REAPER302 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

You won't find a single person on the JP server on any ships that do trade scams.

You also won't find a single person on the JP server that uses the trade function at all.

Yes that is a hyperbolic statement but I legit don't remember the last time I used this function. Was either 2 or 3 years ago.

that didn't stop them in the past; there were tons of bot farmers on the jp server for a while until I think they put down an ip block on where they traced where the bots were coming from. They also nerfed the amount of meseta you get from selling garbage weapons/units to the item shop, but I don't see that really holding back a bot farm too much, simply by the sheer quantity of drops they could farm.

you don't need premium to get 3-day shop passes from the FUN scratch either, so I don't feel like having direct item trade regulated like this is hurting gold sellers and bots much at all

RE trade scammers: PSO's data was peer-to-peer, which could be exploited by lag/disconnects; and I actually do not remember how trading worked in PSU anymore so I wish I could say something about that, but my experience with pso2 is that all of our inventory data is managed server-side, which I think ought to eliminate most forms of trade interface exploits.

@NextTime000

RE trade scammers: PSO's data was peer-to-peer, which could be exploited by lag/disconnects; and I actually do not remember how trading worked in PSU anymore so I wish I could say something about that, but my experience with pso2 is that all of our inventory data is managed server-side, which I think ought to eliminate most forms of trade interface exploits.

Trading in PSU was player based other than player shops. In order to trade. You had to send a trade request with the person whom you want to trade with. 1 or more people in the trade must either put up an item or meseta in the trade and then hit confirm unless it's a 1 sided trade. Then the 1 person of the 2 people trading doesn't need to put anything up in trade unless they have no inventory space. However, if the person you are trading with is a scammer. All they have to do is put up an item or meseta and wait for you to put up an item then hit confirm. A scammer will never hit confirm 1st. They wait until the other person does it 1st then they use lag switch by putting their modem in standby mode long enough to remove the item or meseta from the trade on their end and confirming the trade before getting disconnected from server.

#NoChanges, stuff like this just reminds you that this is a free to play game - not a free game...

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

#NoChanges, stuff like this just reminds you that this is a free to play game - not a free game...

It being a free-to-play game doesn't mean every featured behind a paywall needs to remain behind a paywall.

As many here have suggested, trading is barely used in the JP game.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

These posts are stupid. you're getting a ton of content for free. This game would not be very fun if they had to shut down the servers because PSO2 NA did not make financial sense.

Everyone's suggestion is valid in this forum. There are others who feel the same way. Please do not discourage others from having opinions they are entitled to.

@GM-Deynger said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

These posts are stupid. you're getting a ton of content for free. This game would not be very fun if they had to shut down the servers because PSO2 NA did not make financial sense.

Everyone's suggestion is valid in this forum. There are others who feel the same way. Please do not discourage others from having opinions they are entitled to.

Whoa I did not expect a Admin response.

Yeah I recognize my post came across as dismissive and conversation ending. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Sorry, that was 8 days ago. I was having a bad day, presumably because I stayed up too long the night before playing the closed beta. To my defense, I did quit posting shortly thereafter and did not continue further discussion.

The nature of this thread, in which the OP is asking for handouts, before beta had even ended seemed like a typical "I'm a victim" scenario and a grasp at attention and increase in post count.

I agree with this post, i would prefer trading be free without any walls, or work arounds. Should be like the old PSO games If your friends wants something you can give it to him no matter what it is. My buddies and I all have different time schedules and I'm usually the busier one, and with the worst luck, and they always want to help me catch up, and want to give me their hand me down or they get something i want and they dont care about, but alas most games have a trading wall and i hate that.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR First of all I was not asking for handouts, I just did not get the whole trading behind the paywall and how I saw it, well it sucked but after reading some more info I realize why it’s there tho it would be nice to maybe adjust it where we can trade gear and disks of rarity up to 10*, do not allow $$ trades maybe even attach a fee on the trade, me and my wife played the beta and I was picking up items that she could use so it was a bit of a let down when we could not help each other in this simple way, I don’t expect the game to change this tho, the sub forum is labeled suggestion, and I probably could have worded my 1st post a bit better