Make trading and selling not a premium feature

@oldColdReactive said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

Also asking: Can people who pay for the trading initiate trades to people who don't? Or do both parties need to pay?

You can gift as mentioned before, with a decoration that's basically a parcel or a christmas present, but only limited up to 9 star items. They cost FUN to buy, but you get double FUN points being premium.

@MEGAF1UX the fact is that the consumer decides what is acceptable and what is not.

I don't mind any of the premium features, but people being upset about trading specifically is understandable.

They have the fun passes for shops, maybe they need something similar for trading. Possibly a barter item that requires "x amount" of badges, excuses, or some other item similarly.

It's really not a big deal, it's a free game they need to make money in other ways. You can get shop passes from the FUN scratches and it's extremely easy to get FUN in the game. You're gonna want premium anyways as it gives you like 300 slots of extra storage, access to rare drop boost premium drinks, trading, shop, etc. plus they do premium sales all the time where it's only $10 and you get some extra stuff with it. For people that played PSU this should not be an issue as that game required a $15 monthly subscription just to play online so I really don't see why people have problems with it, especially in this day and age of microtransactions.

"SEGA also didn't make many RPGs."

they made phantasy star 1-4+PSO+ universe, sword of vermillion, shenmue, the shining games, landstalker, fatal labrynthe, skies of arcadia, dragon force, the panzer dragoon series, and dark wizard (im sure i missed a few). dare i say theres few companies out there who have made more.

@John-Paul-RAGE i suppose, but isnt the idea to entice people TO pay for premium? no f2p game ever survived on bums alone.

@MEGAF1UX said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

they made phantasy star 1-4+PSO+ universe, sword of vermillion, shenmue, the shining games, landstalker, fatal labrynthe, skies of arcadia, dragon force, the panzer dragoon series, and dark wizard (im sure i missed a few). dare i say theres few companies out there who have made more.

I said many "J" RPGs (Or "Traditional turn-based"). Yes, Phantasy Star is a JRPG, and so is Skies of Arcadia. But Landstalker isn't. Western RPGs by comparison are more action-focused (IE: Diablo, etc.)

I kind of like the pay wall... no good reason though. Especially if you can get them with FUN.

with the drop rates as they are and the ease of acquiring a good weapon cheaply from existing shops since there is a slow competition i say we keep it as is from JP

do you know how many Aresvis mechguns drop on a normal Rappy ticket?? get a 3 day shop ticket from the FUN scratch and slap them all up on the shops with prices adjusted. ppl will buy them either as a high DPS starter weap or will buy them for Emper Embrace grind bonus. it's win-win-win. you make a sale, they get a weapon to use for power leveling solo, and then they can use it to grind a 13* for level cap.

anecdotally i recall using an Aresvis all the way to the point where i could get DEX food for my mag easily then maxed that silly little f!cker out and traded up for a Mars rifle. guess where that mechgun went the first boost week? :3

@coldreactive said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@MEGAF1UX said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

I said many "J" RPGs (Or "Traditional turn-based"). Yes, Phantasy Star is a JRPG, and so is Skies of Arcadia. But Landstalker isn't. Western RPGs by comparison are more action-focused (IE: Diablo, etc.)

the quotes are there for a reason, that reason is because its exactly what you said.

@Ilúvatar said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

People don't really trade in PSO2, like at all.

Instead, you use the My Shop option to sell/buy things on the open market. My Shop comes with Premium, but you can get 3-day My Shop tickets from the FUN Scratch. Furthermore, you do not need any type of special privileges to purchase items others have listed for sale.

I know trading was a big thing in PSO, but the paradigm has changed.

yeah well I'd still like to be able to casually hand over all of my units with Lesser Power 1 over to my hunter friend after a run of Endless Quests, without needing us both to be premium anyway

@NextTime000 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@Ilúvatar said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

People don't really trade in PSO2, like at all.

Instead, you use the My Shop option to sell/buy things on the open market. My Shop comes with Premium, but you can get 3-day My Shop tickets from the FUN Scratch. Furthermore, you do not need any type of special privileges to purchase items others have listed for sale.

I know trading was a big thing in PSO, but the paradigm has changed.

yeah well I'd still like to be able to casually hand over all of my units with Lesser Power 1 over to my hunter friend after a run of Endless Quests, without needing us both to be premium anyway

..and sega would rather you were both putting money into their game.

@NextTime000 Not both, only the one selling, put them on your shop, and then they buy it with meseta. And using shop is not Premium exclusive anyway, FUN scratch can give 3 days shop passes.

I know how the shops work, I just wish people could more freely share their garbage with each other; without the hassle of leaving the gateship and going back to the lobby to put stuff up into their store

@NextTime000 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

I know how the shops work, I just wish people could more freely share their garbage with each other; without the hassle of leaving the gateship and going back to the lobby to put stuff up into their store

So do all the gold spammers, and bots.

The problem with Paywalling Player shops is that the Affix market is high demand low supply. If you make it the Feature entirely P2W then the supply becomes even smaller and this makes an already infuriating system (min-maxing stats on your Weapons and Gear through luck)even more unbearable.

In PSO2 JP you can also obtain Shop passes via Fun scratches. The rate is very low but its more than enough for F2P users to get access to the Player shop. Here I spent about 200 Ex-Cubes to get 100k Fun and obtain 7 Shop pass tickets. Which i can use whenever i need to put something up for sale. 200 Ex-Cubes translates to a 2,4m Meseta investment (which obviously isn't ideal) but it doesn't lock you out entirely and 200 Ex-Cubes aren't hard to come by once you reach level 75+ anyway.

alt text

⬇

alt text