Make trading and selling not a premium feature

A reminder that since this topic is in the "suggestions" subthread, posts should either suggest why you agree it would be a good change or why you do not think it would be good.

Well articulated points have greater influence than baseless conjecture.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

A reminder that since this topic is in the "suggestions" subthread, posts should either suggest why you agree it would be a good change or why you do not think it would be good.

Well articulated points have greater influence than baseless conjecture.

I'd upvote if I could. Instead I'll just quote and do this. 👍

I’ve spent about 10k on fun tickets and still haven’t gotten a 3 day shop pass sadly

@NextTime000 thats really a different issue than having free trading. mind you if the game cost money to buy (like previous iterations) i would be 100% for it. they HAVE to have a way to pull in money to keep the lights on, and some of us couldnt care less about cosmetics.

@SaviorZero82 That's not exactly a lot though that is pretty unlucky.. I've pulled 3 with 8k before.. NOT TRYING TO RUB IT IN, REALLY!

but, I think the pull rates for them are fair considering they're right around the range for making people want to spend AC.. tho maybe the drop should be increase a teeeeensy bit. 😉 I unfortunately wont be able to afford to buy premium every month, especially if there's something I want to scratch for...

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh true I got probably 3 weeks worth of my room pass but there are a few things I would like to sell/trade but on the jp server, when NA comes out I already plan on throwing so money at this game.

Playing on the jp servers as giving me more insight to the game that’s for sure but still the only thing that irks me is the trading, for a game that obviously is super social that’s just one part that in my opinion should be there for everyone, with limits of course, I know they need to make money as well and I’m SURE they will with all of the fashion options out there

Also when i made this post I was new to this game(still am) but everyone has given lots of information and insight that it has change my original opinion some so thank you all

@SaviorZero82 said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

Also when i made this post I was new to this game(still am) but everyone has given lots of information and insight that it has change my original opinion some so thank you all

That's the thing, the community has never been one to shy away from newcomers, so I thought it odd that trading is restricted. It's not incredibly hard to get gear in PSO2, but sometimes you just don't get lucky and not being able to share drops with the people you're running with, who are helping you to get said drop and they get multiples themselves... (Looking at you 'desire sensor') can be very frustrating.. It just sucks that something so basic seeming is behind a pay wall, but I get it.. In the end it makes player take extra steps to list something in the market and hope no-one snipes it, but that's the cost of being a free player I guess.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and my main is on Ship 1 as well. Hope to see you on there.

i honestly miss trying to swipe red boxes from other players in regular pso. IF it had the same drop system (none of this everybody wins something nonsense) id be ok with free trading (because it was honestly mostly about getting to the drop first, not actually keeping the item) but it just opens way too many awful doors in a f2p game where everyone gets their own drops anyways. im just trying to imagine trying to keep up with the chat as 3/4 the lobby sits there trying to bum gear off people so they can trade it in for xcubes.

If people are not willing to pay a subscription to do this. You can always sell a one-time "Online Service" pass to enable trading. Much like how White Knight Chronicles would require you to buy an "Online Pass" to combat retailers selling used copies of the game.

I'm not up for making it a free service. Make the Online Pass cost at least 15 USD. Yes, just for trading alone.

Online passes died & got replaced by season passes for a reason y'know...

@Cathy said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

Online passes died & got replaced by season passes for a reason y'know...

Well, then the pass will only last for a year (Hence "Season"), and you'll have to buy it again for 15 USD. Might as well just subscribe to Premium. 😏

@coldreactive or just use the already present Battle pass system that seems to have been added for NA specifically since the JP version doesn't have it.

@Cathy said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@coldreactive or just use the already present Battle pass system that seems to have been added for NA specifically since the JP version doesn't have it.

Link to information about it? Screenshots, etc?

There is very vague Description listed in one of the blog posts on this site and there has been one post buy a GM talking about battle pass and daily shock but there is zero cost information listed as of yet

https://pso2.com/news/blogs/arksmissions

Finally, Tier Missions are Missions you can complete to obtain Stars for raising your MISSION PASS tier. After obtaining 10 Stars, your tier will increase, and you will be able to redeem rewards from your Mission Pass. Tier Missions change weekly and are usually for things you would already be doing, such as Enhancing a weapon or eliminating a certain number of enemies.

And here https://forum.pso2.com/topic/51/battle-pass-daily-shop?_=1583093401120

But not really a whole lot of information as of yet