Make trading and selling not a premium feature

@Ima-Leftyy

Since you are already familiar with PSU and their sub model, then PSO2 should work out great for you too. Granted, it is a F2P game and that does give a certain type of mentality to some players (i.e. play as free player). However, just view the premium as an optional subscription. In the long run you might find it cheaper than the $120 per year on PSU since you can pick and choose when you want it active.

I made this post to see what the Majority of the community would say about it helped me get Some more information for a possible workaround. I plan on paying for the monthly premium myself just not sure if my wife will do the same I have at least two other friends I most likely won’t but we’ll see

@SaviorZero82

If these are people you trust, I wonder how dropping things in missions works so you can sell for them.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

getting perks for playing with a friend would be the friend referral system or recruit a friend system which is available on the JP servers when logging into the game for the 1st time and setting up your account name. That may or may not get added to the Xbox version or SEGA may do it differently then the JP servers.

It did mention it when you first started, but there wasn't an option for it (not sure if it was left out or if the server dying made it get missed)

It would have been nice if my wife and friends who I invited to the beta coulda added me as their referrer.

Ah, I thought I missed something. Hopefully there is a way in the future when I invite friends to the official release.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR

They aren't "stupid" just because you do not agree with it.

1 featured change suggestion wouldn't cause the "game to shut down".

JuLeS-SeLLaDoR Posted:  

You have access to PSO2 NA's team operating cost and profit margin?

Money rules the world and decisions like these. I also suspect money was a motivating factor in Sega keeping the game in region locked in JP for so long. Because the NA version was financially risky.

So now that the game is finally coming to NA, before it can already get to open beta, people are asking for handouts? Either pay or don't, I do not care. I will be paying though, no support.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR No but I do have access to my brain.

If you are paying a set amount for a package of features, removing that specific area (trading) from the package but still offering the package and including a different feature (if required) yields no change and thus impacts the margin by exactly 0 or increases the margin if the desired feature has a value to the player higher than trading.

Allowing trading to any player at any time behind the paywall is acceptable to most players, if for no other reason that RMT spam prevention etc. That being said the most common use and complaint would be related to things like trying to bring your friends/family into a market and the idea of "In order to trade with me, a paying customer, you must also pay" would almost certainly fail. Game research would indicate that not being able to play with people they know will drop the overall profit margin because they lose paying customers at the behest of non-paying customers.

Also consider, having designed western conversions of eastern culture games in my life, that Western players DO NOT play the games as Eastern Players do. This means often when porting over any Japanese, Korean or Chinese games into a western culture they CANNOT follow the same "model" or they ultimately fail. Almost all games of this nature have things like Grind Rate, feature availability and general play style altered. If they involve Real Money payment those also are 100% always modified to be adjusted for the cultural differences.

In short. It wouldn't cause the end of anything and whether its trading or any other feature a successful model in Japan != in the US. They will have to have some adjustment or people simply won't pay but simply leave without a chance. That number of people is smaller and simply put the designers may decide that is okay, however the point of the forum discussion on a CBT product is to voice feedback, gather community input and factor that into what they ultimately released and efforts to quash that discussion with "Stupid Posts" is absurd.

Personally I think its just a matter of solving the simple side of allowing you to trade with people you know, refer or play with for long hours. (ps utilizing stores is also a paid feature, for those listing the work arounds) and has the same impact to RMT.

Not a fan of the idea of trading being behind a paywall. Warframe is F2P and it is successful with the revenue from cosmetic items.

@REXEL said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

Not a fan of the idea of trading being behind a paywall. Warframe is F2P and it is successful with the revenue from cosmetic items.

They also had founders packs to help boost their development funding. Not to mention, they took on work-for-hire contracts, etc. The game had a serious rocky start even before its original release.

@almightysundaas you can only drop healing items as far as I can tell, but me and my wife talked about it, I’ll be playing more then her so I’ll get the premium or get a shop pass and put the item she needs up when she’s on for a low amount of $$ and we will do said transaction when she is on and looking in the shop, for me finding most of my gear is what I like to do.

We both were hoping we could do like we did in pso 1&2 if I was playing a cast I would give her what ever techs I would find.

To be honest I was finding techs like crazy and I was finding gear for what ever class I was using at that moment so it’s not really a big deal

@almightysundaas said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@SaviorZero82

If these are people you trust, I wonder how dropping things in missions works so you can sell for them.

you essentially DELETE non healing items, you dont "drop" them.

people need to stop being so stingy, if you are going to play any game (even a f2p one) you should pay SOMETHING for the fact. dont like it? stick to demos and whatever trash you buy once a year to spend your life in. you own xboxes or computers, you dont GET to cry poverty.

Keep trading behind a paywall please. bots will be bad enough even with it paywall locked would be intolerable without it.

I've always enjoyed PSO2s trading system. The premium is really just a feature for players to have ease-of-access. I think the way SEGA deployed their monetizing is great. It lets a F2P game generate profit, so more development can be done for future years. You can however go to the FUN scratch and try to roll for a 3 day shop pass. It's super nice for those f2p players who don't want to spend any money. You can always buy, but not sell and trade.

Plus, on top of that you can't sell the highest tier weapons regardless of premium. Every best in slot weapon was earned instead of bought. I think that was probably the best move they could've made. It slows down the need for RMT.

The only thing I don't like is, IF you want the premium benefits, is you have to pay for Xbox live, then a premium for Pso2. Then add on a girlfriend/wife/kids into the mix and your household is forking over a good bit of money just to play on an equal playing field with everyone else in the house. ( But of course if you're already all playing Xbox live together, your either paying the Xbox live for all already or being smart and sharing with everyone so you're getting 2 for 1). But like, none of that is even against Pso2, that's just the more people you have the more money you spend, that's life.

@Aperture-Mage said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

The only thing I don't like is, IF you want the premium benefits, is you have to pay for Xbox live, then a premium for Pso2. Then add on a girlfriend/wife/kids into the mix and your household is forking over a good bit of money just to play on an equal playing field with everyone else in the house. ( But of course if you're already all playing Xbox live together, your either paying the Xbox live for all already or being smart and sharing with everyone so you're getting 2 for 1). But like, none of that is even against Pso2, that's just the more people you have the more money you spend, that's life.

Ah yeah, that's something I can agree with. PSU (previous Phantasy Star game on Xbox) didn't require XBL. Which was super nice because if you're only using your Xbox for PSO2, you'll just need to pay for Premium if you want that extra feature.

@oldColdReactive said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

They also had founders packs to help boost their development funding. Not to mention, they took on work-for-hire contracts, etc. The game had a serious rocky start even before its original release.

I agree, part of the rocky start was because they were promoting it as a pretty ambitious game. Theres a whole dSega on the other hand sounds like they have pretty good support by Xbox. I'll probably get flak for it but I wouldn't be opposed to a season battle pass type deal like call of duty and destiny has if its done right.

@oldColdReactive said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

I agree, part of the rocky start was because they were a new studio at the time of releasing that game. Sega on the other hand sounds like they have pretty good support by Xbox. I'll probably get flak for it but I wouldn't be opposed to a season battle pass type deal like call of duty and destiny has if its done right.

SEGA also didn't make many RPGs. Alfa System isn't part of SEGA, so PSP2 isn't made by SEGA at all. So they don't have much in terms of JRPG development below their belt. While they do have Shining Force in some cases, it's more of a Strategy RPG.