Make trading and selling not a premium feature

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

It would be nice to have some easier method of giving some things to friends. A good solution (it wont happen, but that doesnt invalidate that it would be a good solution) would be some kind of "friendship level" where you gain perks for playing with that friend for so long.

The final perk could be trading with them regardless of Premium status.

getting perks for playing with a friend would be the friend referral system or recruit a friend system which is available on the JP servers when logging into the game for the 1st time and setting up your account name. That may or may not get added to the Xbox version or SEGA may do it differently then the JP servers.

getting perks for playing with a friend would be the friend referral system or recruit a friend system which is available on the JP servers when logging into the game for the 1st time and setting up your account name. That may or may not get added to the Xbox version or SEGA may do it differently then the JP servers.

It did mention it when you first started, but there wasn't an option for it (not sure if it was left out or if the server dying made it get missed)

It would have been nice if my wife and friends who I invited to the beta coulda added me as their referrer.

I've played with two different accounts in the JP server, and one of them I didn't spend a yen, and I always traded drops/meseta between both with the shop tickets from FUN, rate is low, yes, maybe 5-6 tickets for each 20k FUN , but it was more than enough for me to clear storage for 3 days and then take a long rest of managing the shop.

I'm good with that being a premium feature.

Anyone else wanna see free trading I understand they need money to keep the servers but paying for trading for me personally kinda blows Im coming from psu days so using my shop and grinding for things to sell was a huge part of my personal gameplay just wanna see how everyone else feels ;D

Personally, I'm okay with throwing money at this game. So many sorry excuses for games on the market right now. no support.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR okay but how is premium gonna work is it yearly or like monthly

I was really shocked about the paid training option as well. Whether one spends on the game or not such a basic function of enabling trades between players was disappointing to have a cost associated (BOTH MUST PAY).

Interesting Idea the friend played time version. General trading behind a pay wall great. When I am playing with friends that can't pay for trading access even if i did pay and am unable to help them just means the game won't keep them for something so small.

Creative solutions to problems are better than just paywalling everything imho.

@CopycatNebula said in Free Trading:

I was really shocked about the paid training option as well. Whether one spends on the game or not such a basic function of enabling trades between players was disappointing to have a cost associated (BOTH MUST PAY).

So let's just glaze over 100s of hours worth of free content with no strings attached and be disappointed in having to pay for trading. PSO2 NA team has to make money some how, expecting the players to pay for trading seems like a more than fair deal for the players. It's not like you have to trade all the time, in theory you could stock pile loot and only purchase trading every other month.

These posts are stupid. you're getting a ton of content for free. This game would not be very fun if they had to shut down the servers because PSO2 NA did not make financial sense.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR

They aren't "stupid" just because you do not agree with it.

1 featured change suggestion wouldn't cause the "game to shut down".

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR

You have access to PSO2 NA's team operating cost and profit margin?

Money rules the world and decisions like these. I also suspect money was a motivating factor in Sega keeping the game in region locked in JP for so long. Because the NA version was financially risky.

So now that the game is finally coming to NA, before it can already get to open beta, people are asking for handouts? Either pay or don't, I do not care. I will be paying though, no support.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR Of course I don't, but it is reasonable to assume that offering an alternative to a single function for players that meet certain criteria wouldn't meet the prerequisites to cause an entire project to get shut down.

The website opened with the CBT so players can express their opinions for the purpose of the staff to consider or address.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Make trading and selling not a premium feature:

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR

You have access to PSO2 NA's team operating cost and profit margin?

Money rules the world and decisions like these. I also suspect money was a motivating factor in Sega keeping the game in region locked in JP for so long. Because the NA version was financially risky.

So now that the game is finally coming to NA, before it can already get to open beta, people are asking for handouts? Either pay or don't, I do not care. I will be paying though, no support.

We should consider here that the game will likely be making most of its money off of selling cosmetic items, as is the case with PSO2JP. Consider, further, that this has already provided enough money to sponsor two anime seasons in addition to funding the game.

Given, then, how trading is almost central to the PSO2 experience, I would suggest that the trading function should not be locked behind a paywall on the PSO2NA servers; insofar as we are aware, Microsoft is not bound to the same rules regarding its client as SEGA of Japan, unless one of the GMs would like to state otherwise.