Ps4 beta date?

@BusterNewman Thats way more games than i expected to be crossplay. Good to see Sony getting on the fun train.

A form of SEGA ID could be set up for NA and somehow link the Microsoft account to it. How this would be implemented no idea but if they plan on releasing on other consoles im sure they are already talking behind the scenes to plan ahead.

@AnonMarc said in Ps4 beta date?:

@BusterNewman Thats way more games than i expected to be crossplay. Good to see Sony getting on the fun train.

A form of SEGA ID could be set up for NA and somehow link the Microsoft account to it. How this would be implemented no idea but if they plan on releasing on other consoles im sure they are already talking behind the scenes to plan ahead.

The server assigned your account a name when you made your first character (which is why they allow one free change).

Theory is you would use that as your ID along with the password/a new password.

@John-Paul-RAGE o: very interesting did not know that you were given an account name. Nice theory sound quite possible.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in Ps4 beta date?:

@Rzarcasm said in Ps4 beta date?:

I'd expect a PS4 release eventually. I think it actually launched on that platform originally in Japan but memory is fuzzy. Might have been on the Vita also.

On a side note. Anything been said about being able to transfer characters over from the JP server when the official western launch commences?

Yes it is on PS4 / Vita, and I don't believe they will be transferring any characters.

Well a fresh start isn't bad either. I have friends on this side that have been interested in it for years but refused to go through the effort to either learn Japanese. Then later when that one fan group made a decent language patch for it they didn't want to go through the effort of doing it because they felt they would always be trying to play catch up. Though a couple couldn't figure out how to navigate the sega jp site to begin with.

Oh no not at all, I am fine with it but many peers aren't, unsurprisingly. It will be much easier for your friends with this version thankfully. Some of mine refused to join as well, so they have no excuses left now! 😬

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Ps4 beta date?:

The server assigned your account a name when you made your first character (which is why they allow one free change).

I noticed that during the first 2 days of the beta the social features (friends list etc) weren't fully functional & that when people would use whisper, it would come through as randomly assigned IDs.

When the game came back up on Sunday evening, the social features were more functional. People I added to my Xbox friends list were showing on the in game friends list, as their Xbox Gamertag not the randomly assigned IDs or their character name. Same with whispers, they'd come through as their gamertag.

Microsoft accounts/gamertags have functioned outside of Xbox but in a similar way (even giving achievements) for other games.

I imagined that for other platforms you would simply login/signup to your Microsoft account upon first launching the game. Like you would login to an Epic account for Fortnite/Dauntless, Activision account for CoDMW, Square Enix Account for FF14. I'm not sure why they would make it any more complicated than that? Even Steam games often require third party login (including Microsoft accounts) if the rumours of a Steam version are true.

It was the only potential hurdle I could see with PS4 cross-play though.

@BusterNewman said in Ps4 beta date?:

I noticed that during the first 2 days of the beta the social features (friends list etc) weren't fully functional & that when people would use whisper, it would come through as randomly assigned IDs.

When the game came back up on Sunday evening, the social features were more functional. People I added to my Xbox friends list were showing on the in game friends list, as their Xbox Gamertag not the randomly assigned IDs or their character name. Same with whispers, they'd come through as their gamertag.

Microsoft accounts/gamertags have functioned outside of Xbox but in a similar way (even giving trophies) for other games.

I imagined that for other platforms you would simply login/signup to your Microsoft account upon first launching the game. Like you would login to an Epic account for Fortnite/Dauntless, Activision account for CoDMW, Square Enix Account for FF14. I'm not sure why they would make it any more complicated than that? Even Steam games often require third party login (including Microsoft accounts) if the rumours of a Steam version are true.

I am interested in how this will be carried out... firing up a PS4 game and finding the Xbox symbol on the login page could be quite amusing. Very interesting.

@BusterNewman said in Ps4 beta date?:

Microsoft accounts/gamertags have functioned outside of Xbox but in a similar way (even giving trophies) for other games.

I am interested in how this will be carried out... firing up a PS4 game and finding the Xbox symbol on the login page could be quite amusing. Very interesting.

Same. The ins & outs of this kind of thing fascinate the heck out of me.

I've done some Googling and it does look like you can link a Microsoft account to PS4 Minecraft, so we wouldn't be in new waters.

@PhantasyStar369 There are many reasons why a platform may or may not be listed on a games website. SEGA could be testing the waters with 2 platforms first to make sure its something they want to invest their resources on. Their resources could be limited thus limiting them to those platforms. Maybe they just want to get the game out the door as fast as possible thus limiting again to whats listed on the website. It could be a behind the doors exclusivity deal that the general public will never be aware of. There are too many possible reasons this is all just speculation. Also take into account that not everything gets leaked it happens on a case by case bases. Just because x got a leak y days prior to release does not mean the same applies here.

Since there is no official statement (and yes i also tried looking around) i take all word of mouth with a grain of slat.

But all of the reasons you mentioned would mean that it is a timed exclusive? At 40.41 he says "and yes, it’ll end up on all platforms". https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/14/phantasy-star-online-2-west-launch-will-come-to-all-platforms/

I don't have a PS4, but personally, I'd like to see the game get to how it is in Japan where EVERY system has the game, and they all have crossplay. When an MMO is fantastic, it should be allowed to have a big player base in order for everyone to enjoy it (and for them to make money to KEEP giving us new content). I don't care about Sony's "no-crossplay" idea they try to always run, if something gets big enough, they've backed down on that idea before. I think the best plan here is, for everyone who can, to get it on PC and/or Xbox and play the cr** out of it and keep campaigning to get it on all other consoles sooner. If they already do it in one country and keep an insanely high player count for an 8 year old MMO, I don't see why it couldn't be three times higher if we got it on all consoles here. Comon Sega, work this out somehow, we support you!

@RedBeard-Steel said in Ps4 beta date?:

I don't have a PS4, but personally, I'd like to see the game get to how it is in Japan where EVERY system has the game, and they all have crossplay. When an MMO is fantastic, it should be allowed to have a big player base in order for everyone to enjoy it (and for them to make money to KEEP giving us new content). I don't care about Sony's "no-crossplay" idea they try to always run, if something gets big enough, they've backed down on that idea before. I think the best plan here is, for everyone who can, to get it on PC and/or Xbox and play the cr** out of it and keep campaigning to get it on all other consoles sooner. If they already do it in one country and keep an insanely high player count for an 8 year old MMO, I don't see why it couldn't be three times higher if we got it on all consoles here. Comon Sega, work this out somehow, we support you!

Very much this. No restrictions with a big user base would be amazing!

@PhantasyStar369 said in Ps4 beta date?:

I'd expect a PS4 release eventually. I think it actually launched on that platform originally in Japan but memory is fuzzy. Might have been on the Vita also.

On a side note. Anything been said about being able to transfer characters over from the JP server when the official western launch commences?

Yes it is on PS4 / Vita, and I don't believe they will be transferring any characters.

Well a fresh start isn't bad either. I have friends on this side that have been interested in it for years but refused to go through the effort to either learn Japanese. Then later when that one fan group made a decent language patch for it they didn't want to go through the effort of doing it because they felt they would always be trying to play catch up. Though a couple couldn't figure out how to navigate the sega jp site to begin with.

Server transfers from the JP to ENG version is bad for the economy and more. Not to mention I'm sure there is plenty of exclusive stuff on the JP servers the ENG won't get from like events and such. Leveling up and such isn't hard in this game and it's fun enough that it shouldn't be a burden.

Redoing progress isn't actually the reason I brought it up. It had more to do with event items collected and the things I bought from the shop

@John-Paul-RAGE o: very interesting did not know that you were given an account name. Nice theory sound quite possible.

Presumably that what the "PN########" is when searching for users to add to alliance, friends list, etc.

@Rantious said in Ps4 beta date?:

Presumably that what the "PN########" is when searching for users to add to alliance, friends list, etc.

It is the unique in-game identifier. In the JP version, this username was the same as your SEGA log-in ID.

@SaRgE-rVb93 its easy if u find right guide on it on youtube

@Rantious said in Ps4 beta date?:

It is the unique in-game identifier. In the JP version, this username was the same as your SEGA log-in ID.

I don't think that's how it worked, your SEGA ID is supposed to remain private. The in-game username just traveled across your account and above your character and friend list name, never combined.