Ps4 beta date?

@FluffyShinobi Yeh the game is addictive i made an account back in 2012 and played on and off thru out the years.

@AnonMarc said in Ps4 beta date?:

@FluffyShinobi I also dont play but do remember seeing some news about it. Epic and fortnite players did make a huge fuzz about it.

Yes, it is completely cross platform on all consoles. Hopefully we see this with PSO2!

This post is deleted!

@the-emcee Well tbh sega already has a stable PS4 build of the game and if it is fully crossplay like they say then the server work will be done this spring. Given that info the PS4 version should not be that far away. Could even release sometime this year if they wanted it to.

Xbox got a timed exclusivity is why you won't be seeing PSO2 on PS4 for awhile. Also it's been said only the Xbox and PC version will be crossplay(most likely due to no other version announced). So when the exclusivity deal does end it would mean Sony would need to play nice with Microsoft since it's Azure servers and log in with a windows account. You saw how long it took them to give in for Minecraft.

Xbox doesn't get FF7 remake for a year so maybe PSO 2 is away for the same amount of time.

This post is deleted!

@PhantasyStar369 said in Ps4 beta date?:

@the-emcee Well tbh sega already has a stable PS4 build of the game and if it is fully crossplay like they say then the server work will be done this spring. Given that info the PS4 version should not be that far away. Could even release sometime this year if they wanted it to.

" Xbox got a timed exclusivity is why you won't be seeing PSO2 on PS4 for awhile."

Got a source for the time exclusive agreement / announcement i can check out?

@PhantasyStar369 That would be cool if FF7 remake comes to XBOX but I don't they announced it ever will?

I'd expect a PS4 release eventually. I think it actually launched on that platform originally in Japan but memory is fuzzy. Might have been on the Vita also.

On a side note. Anything been said about being able to transfer characters over from the JP server when the official western launch commences?

@PhantasyStar369 said in Ps4 beta date?:

" Xbox got a timed exclusivity is why you won't be seeing PSO2 on PS4 for awhile."

Got a source for the time exclusive agreement / announcement i can check out?

Call it like it is. If you don't see anything listed on the website it's that way for a reason. Most people find out about how long they are from leaks. You don't announce it to the West during a huge show to not have exclusive timing. How long it will last is the real question. We've seen 30, 90,180, 365 days.

Phil Spencer said it would come to other platforms. So it would make sense they would list them below with the others if a deal was set in place or ready to be announced. Sony tried to keep FF7 listed as exclusive for the longest time but leaks happened. It was known to come to Xbox when it was announced but the insiders couldn't show the hard proof besides what special insiders they talk to knew.

The writing is on the wall. psoinfo.png

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in Ps4 beta date?:

I'd expect a PS4 release eventually. I think it actually launched on that platform originally in Japan but memory is fuzzy. Might have been on the Vita also.

On a side note. Anything been said about being able to transfer characters over from the JP server when the official western launch commences?

Yes it is on PS4 / Vita, and I don't believe they will be transferring any characters.

@oO-ARAGAMI-Oo said in Ps4 beta date?:

@PhantasyStar369 That would be cool if FF7 remake comes to XBOX but I don't they announced it ever will?

Since the game got delayed the exclusivity deal got extend also to keep it at a year. The podcast I'm a part of goes to E3 and we have talked with people inside Xbox from time to time about things. But people can believe whatever they want to believe but time will tell.

ff7ps4exclusivetimed.png

@Rzarcasm said in Ps4 beta date?:

Yes it is on PS4 / Vita, and I don't believe they will be transferring any characters.

Well a fresh start isn't bad either. I have friends on this side that have been interested in it for years but refused to go through the effort to either learn Japanese. Then later when that one fan group made a decent language patch for it they didn't want to go through the effort of doing it because they felt they would always be trying to play catch up. Though a couple couldn't figure out how to navigate the sega jp site to begin with.

@PhantasyStar369 There are many reasons why a platform may or may not be listed on a games website. SEGA could be testing the waters with 2 platforms first to make sure its something they want to invest their resources on. Their resources could be limited thus limiting them to those platforms. Maybe they just want to get the game out the door as fast as possible thus limiting again to whats listed on the website. It could be a behind the doors exclusivity deal that the general public will never be aware of. There are too many possible reasons this is all just speculation. Also take into account that not everything gets leaked it happens on a case by case bases. Just because x got a leak y days prior to release does not mean the same applies here.

Since there is no official statement (and yes i also tried looking around) i take all word of mouth with a grain of slat.

@Rzarcasm said in Ps4 beta date?:

Well a fresh start isn't bad either. I have friends on this side that have been interested in it for years but refused to go through the effort to either learn Japanese. Then later when that one fan group made a decent language patch for it they didn't want to go through the effort of doing it because they felt they would always be trying to play catch up. Though a couple couldn't figure out how to navigate the sega jp site to begin with.

Server transfers from the JP to ENG version is bad for the economy and more. Not to mention I'm sure there is plenty of exclusive stuff on the JP servers the ENG won't get from like events and such. Leveling up and such isn't hard in this game and it's fun enough that it shouldn't be a burden.

@SaRgE-rVb93 said in Ps4 beta date?:

Thanks dude. So is the anime good

The first series was kinda "Meh" for me. But the second series "Episode Oracle" has been good so far (I haven't finished it yet).

@FluffyShinobi Hasn't it already happen with Fortnite or some other game?

Bit late for this but off the top of my head; Fortnite (as discussed), Dauntless, Paladins, Smite, Realm Royale, CoD MW & I believe Minecraft (recent addition) & Rocket League all have cross-play with PS4 & Xbox One (and of course PC, Nintendo Switch & in some cases mobile). I'm probably missing a few too. It's not such a taboo issue for PS4 these days.

Some of these even have varying degrees of cross-progression (games connected to Epic usually).

I often play on PC with a controller & so I'm matched with console users, some of the games (CoD MW & Dauntless from recent memory) actually show the various console icons to show who is playing on what.

There's really no reason if PSO2 NA comes to other platforms that it wouldn't be cross-play. My only trepidation that it wouldn't happen is that it would appear PSO2 NA seems to be linked to a Microsoft account instead of a SEGA ID.

EDIT: I've never played Minecraft on a PS4 so I'm not sure if you're required to login to a Microsoft account on that but I had to login to one when I played it on the Nintendo Switch... so perhaps that wouldn't even be a hurdle.