Ps4 beta date?

Can we get a ps4 release date soon. Ill be jumping from xbox to ps4 back and forth lol. When do you think we will get a beta for ps4

I don't think the PS4 will ever get a 'beta' but for now it is more focused on Microsoft's Xbox One and the Xbox platform. Once it is released out to the Playstation players like myself it will be long out of it (or so I think). PSO2 Japan already exists there so it's not much of an issue trying to figure out all the specifics to make it run.

@Rzarcasm true i tried playing on the Japanese servers but cant make a sega id lol

They haven't even announced that it's coming to PS4 for NA. It's only on Xbox because Microsoft approached SEGA about bringing it to the West. Sony has not shown interest in bringing it west so I don't think there will be any PS4 NA PSO2 for now.

PS4 owners will be waiting a loooong time for this. You will have FF7 remake to play in the meantime.

@the-emcee Well tbh sega already has a stable PS4 build of the game and if it is fully crossplay like they say then the server work will be done this spring. Given that info the PS4 version should not be that far away. Could even release sometime this year if they wanted it to.

@AnonMarc said in Ps4 beta date?:

@the-emcee Well tbh sega already has a stable PS4 build of the game and if it is fully crossplay like they say then the server work will be done this spring. Given that info the PS4 version should not be that far away. Could even release sometime this year if they wanted it to.

I hope for the PS4 owners they do release it soon, but it's also a bit of poetic justice that Sony lock down so many timed exclusives it's nice that MS have something to entice players with. The Beta was a massive success, the lobbies were all teeming with players, this could be a much bigger hit than even big Phil expected.

@the-emcee From what i know they never said it was a time exclusive but maybe behind doors it is we can never know. Lets hope it continues to be a success well into launch i really enjoy this game franchise.

Yeah ps4 owners if they dont get it will be p od lol i mean it started on theyre system to begin with not including the dream cast games. Lol

@SaRgE-rVb93 What do u mean by it started there ? The Phantasy Star original series is way older than Playstation. PSO begun on the Dreamcast and iirc never ported to the Ps2. PSO2 started on PC then was ported to Vita some years later ported to PS4.

Oh i knoew dream cast had it fut didnt know PC had it first. My bad. But ps4 owners will be pissed cause a Japanese version is on there if sony doesnt wana male an english patch

It will be a timed exclusive for XBOX and WIN10 at the very least, not sure if Steam version will have to wait before being released or not. I speculate PS4 will be the last system to receive it cause Sony don't like playing nice with Microsoft, so it's only natural they do the same in return. 🎯

@AnonMarc said in Ps4 beta date?:

PSO begun on the Dreamcast and iirc never ported to the Ps2. PSO2 started on PC then was ported to Vita some years later ported to PS4.

PSO started on the Dreamcast with Versions 1 & 2. Was ported to GameCube (Episodes 1, 2 & 3) & Xbox (Episodes 1 & 2). PC had a port of "Version 2" before Blue Burst (Episodes 1, 2 & 4) came out several years later.

PlayStation never got a look in until Phantasy Star Universe.

Of course the overarching series began in the 80s.

Edit: Just want to point Versions 1 & 2 are not the same as Episodes 1 & 2. Versions 1 is the original vanilla PSO. Version 2 was released with extra content & a higher level cap (and I believe a monthly subscription for NA players). The Episodes refer mainly to the story content & extra content that came with those. Of course Episode 3 was the card based strategy game.

@SaRgE-rVb93 Sonny doesn't have to make anything SEGA already has a PS4 port they just have to modify it to be in line with the NA Xbox / PC versions and release it on the platform.

Should probably let the Xbox version run its course so once it's good and ready to release, some time will go by (hopefully not too much) and they'll probably announce it later this year. Whether Xbox and Ps4 can play together or not is up in the air with the whole cross play being an issue and then eventually exclusive collab between systems being more of a nuisance for content.