This game needs to be taken down from Microsoft store asap

At least until it is fixed. People are permanently losing countless gigs of storage space, it's BSODing people's machines, and some are being forced to wipe their hard drives just to get it off their system. Not to mention it's wasting hours of people's precious time, and it's turning off thousands of players for life. I understand that all MMORPG launches have problems, laggy servers, crashes, down times, bugs ect, but what's going on with PSO2 right now is complete insanity. Last night, while trying to delete the game for the THIRD time, I got stuck and was unable to delete anything. It took me almost 3 hours to get the damn thing off my computer, after trying anything and everything I could think of. I'm still not sure exactly what it was I did that solved it. If the game is wrecking people's computers and eating up storage space that many are unable to reclaim, it should be taken down until it's fixed.

Heeeey you took my HDD wiping comment lmfao. But yeah,this is insane.

@Morgothryuzaki said in This game needs to be taken down from Microsoft store asap:

Heeeey you took my HDD wiping comment lmfao. But yeah,this is insane.

I did?? Sorry, didn't mean to lol

@Dkzero22 Nah I'm joking friend lol. But legit had to do that shit last night. Thank god I had the foresight to put all my games on my secondary drive and all my actual launchers/software I trust on my main one. I know a lot of people might not be that lucky..

This 100% my pc just about finished factory resting after today's problems it's a shit show many moms have issues but this is insane lucky mine was not old a few months old no family photos or anything. Some people have years of photos of kids so forth thankfully the wife backed this up ages ago any game that requires ur computers to factory reset is busted. Let alone its locks u out of system restore also spent since around 12 mid dayGMT sorting this shit out

Yep, same problem. Had to install 3 or 4 different times and can't delete the excess files. It's taking up over 200 gigs on my hard drive. 200 gigs that i can't get back unless i factory reset.

SEGA needs to pull this from the app store and give it it's own launcher, away from the app store

@Algestes wow fuckkkkk that mines done just updating windows will wait and give pso 1 more try but will leave my pc on and game running

@Algestes said in This game needs to be taken down from Microsoft store asap:

Yep, same problem. Had to install 3 or 4 different times and can't delete the excess files. It's taking up over 200 gigs on my hard drive. 200 gigs that i can't get back unless i factory reset.

SEGA needs to pull this from the app store and give it it's own launcher, away from the app store

Have you read the guides on how to change permissions and all that? Those helped me immensely the first two times. Also, try downloading the Arks layer tweaker and running a file check and also go into troubleshooting and run the "legacy method" and then the "new method". The tweaker messes with the permission settings of all the pso2 folders and I believe that's what allowed me to finally delete everything last night.

@Dkzero22 honestly I should have read all this and gone deeper but let's be real no one should have too. I'm re installing now and its downloading 🙂 during to keep catching up with my battle pass but I will not be touching the machine or logging out till this is fixed or they kick me

@Dkzero22 Yeah i tried that but doing so messed up the app store on my pc, i couldn't get it to start so i had to do a system restore. The way the app store handles storage is atrocious.

I'm serious, this needs to be taken off the windows store. It's fucking up people's computers. It's not just the game won't run, it's seriously screwing with people's systems. No one should have to face wiping their hard drive over a game. It's worse than any virus I have ever encountered. Take it down, admit you screwed up, fix and put it back. Or admit defeat and give people a direct download. Who the fuck in their right mid is ever ever going to download anything from the Microsoft store ever again? I have the luxury of being from the old school and going through trying to get DOS games to run, so for me this is fun, I haven't went to war with a pc game in well over a decade. But I have never encountered a game, or any program, that hijacked my hard drive space and took almost 3 hours to figure out how to delete. Imagine modern PC users who are used to click and it works dealing with this bullshit. If it was a simple matter of the game doesn't work, fuck it who cares it's a game, but you are ruining people's computers. Plus not everyone has hours upon hours to figure out how to delete a giant self duplicating file off their computer. This is absolute bullshit, and the worst mmorpg launch I have ever seen. I was there for Anarchy Online launch, Age of Conan, ect ect..all mmorpg launches are a mess (as expected), but this...this takes the cake

@Dkzero22 this I have a intermediate knowledge and I was like fuck 5this and had to reset my pc to get space back and be able to play again thankfully pc was not that old im not logging out or turning off pc till patch day

i would say..time to start a petition for pso2 independent from MS shit store....make pso great again.

If SEGA/Microsoft want credit for the Game ok but pls not with this SHIT STORE!!! Just implement a BAnner in the Corner with some text like "Servers provided by "Great Microsoft"" xD