Kind of... easy?

@NoelleHedgehog said in Kind of... easy?:

@Ephemiel Yes I am. Or rather, I was. I'm almost level 50 now. Not much changed during that leveling journy. Still one shot everything.

Regardless I understand where people are coming from and I believe them when they say end game is where its at. I just kinda of wish getting there was a little more exciting with its build up. Tera online suffered the same problem where it wanted to rush everyone to end game so it basically allows you to kill everything in one hit until you got there and by the time I got to end game i was pretty burnt out, I just don't want to have that same experience with PSO2 is all.

But anyways, getting there, so a little improvement with VH, hoping SH provides even more as people say, looking forward to it.

The early part of the game being too easy is a side effect from all the balance buffs every class got throughout the years, it wasn't like this at all in the beginning. A few years ago on JP enemies in early content did get a HP buff, but it wasn't enough...

But yeah, things do get better on SH and beyond, enemies are faster, more aggressive, and they start gaining alot of HP per level starting at lvl 70.

Honestly the game is easy because of movement and movement skills. (In The older Dreamcast/Gamecube version, the movement was limited as you could only attack and could not dodge until the attack went through. This would also mean enemies could easily surround you and take you down. This game is a lot more free and therefore gives you more movement/attac/def options.

@ChaosieChaos said in Kind of... easy?:

People who say they game is easy haven't played content intended to be difficult, or been forced to do Luther with people who think dpsing the closed clock is the way you make the clock open and you take 28 minutes to kill him.

Hah, then you have not played with a group in SH that failed to kill luther in time, heck I died once to the time-stop mechanic due to not timing my dodge right and got frozen, did get out quickly but was unable to "solo" at least one of the daggers so I can revive everyone, we all died, and I saw a lot of people use half-dolls xD

The game's easy until you get to level 40 ish and try playing on the appropriate difficulty level. Then the enemies all of a sudden have a rather beefy health pool and will slap you silly if you aren't paying attention. Bosses will kill you in 2-3 hits now, so you have to learn their moves, or learn to enjoy eating dirt.

In a game that's more skill-based, difficulty is based on the player.

I mean,t here's people who can beat Dark Souls without getting hit using a Guitar Hero guitar. Does that mean absolutely no one can call Dark Souls hard?

Hey guys I'm on level 2 of SMB and I'm just wondering when this game gets hard. Stomping on goombas kills them in one hit.

@Eguzky Dark souls 1 is arguably the easiest of the series DS2 ain't no joke in my opinion, especially scholar of the first sin the enemy placement can burn in a trash fire lol.

I made a post about this in Suggestions, but yeah... I don't really want the game to be more difficult, per se. I just want enemies to have more HP so I can spend comparatively more time actually fighting than just running from pack to pack.

Legit if they just set all enemy HP to 400% of what it is right now and changed nothing else, I think I would enjoy this game more.

@LunoMyr said in Kind of... easy?:

I made a post about this in Suggestions, but yeah... I don't really want the game to be more difficult, per se. I just want enemies to have more HP so I can spend comparatively more time actually fighting than just running from pack to pack.

Legit if they just set all enemy HP to 400% of what it is right now and changed nothing else, I think I would enjoy this game more.

Yeah but how many others would get upset that the enemies are 400% more tanky for no real payoff?

@Eguzky said in Kind of... easy?:

Yeah but how many others would get upset that the enemies are 400% more tanky for no real payoff?

Yeah, that's the difficulty. They opened pandora's box by starting it out this way. They could increase XP/drop rates to compensate, couldn't they?

I just want to play the dang game instead of playing "desperately race to try to get to do something to an enemy before it evaporates".

@LunoMyr said in Kind of... easy?:

Enemies HP starts really increasing alot in higher levels, though some of those aren't available on NA yet.

Lvl 85 -> 91 -> 96, each came with substantial increases on enemies and bosses HP. Though, enemies also have different HP depending on the content, enemies in 4 players content have alot less HP than enemies on 12 players content.

PSO2 isn't a hard game at all, it's all about the social experience. But if you'd like, there are some things you can do to give yourself a challenge. The Japanese players like to do speedruns of End Game content. And of course there's 8slotting which requires some gambling/luck/risk. But besides that there's really nothing you can do that is DARK SOULS difficult. You can maybe set your own personal goals/challenges too.

The difficulty jumps are not linear.

Normal and hard are for the most part a cakewalk. Very hard adds some complications to the mix, but it’s all mostly manageable. Bosses and enemies can and will down you from time to time. Then super hard comes along and destroys your life. It’s a very substantial difference.